• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Colonel TNTFire

Corporal
107 Badges
Jan 27, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Age of Wonders
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
[IMPORTANT: I have not updated the mod for SoA nor RoI. The mod is on standby for now, though someone else can take up the task of updating if need be. Apologies, I will get back to this project... eventually.]

Are you tired of dealing with the various prisoners in your hold? Want to get rid of them all, but can't ransom them and can't risk them going free? Or do you just feel like being a cynical tyrant?

Fear not, for I have the mod with the solution. Introducing...

Download: Death Row v0.11

FAQ (where the bulk of the information will be):

Q: What does this mod do?

A: Well, currently all it does is give a simple decision and event. The decision simply fires off the event and the event itself presents two choices of whether to kill your prisoners or leave them be for the moment. However, I have plans for the mod (see below)

Q: Why did you make this mod?

A: I was sitting around bored a few days ago and thought I should try to make a mod. I'm not exactly a stranger to the concept, but I've never attempted decisions for CK2 or events for any Paradoxian game. I figured it would be a fun task to keep my mind occupied. After a bit, I thought it would be cool to upload it to the forums. And actually, I asked if there was such a mod a few months ago.

Q: Is this your first mod?

A: I've attempted one or two other mods on CK2 and Victoria 2, but this is officially my first mod published to the public, yes.

Q: What are your current plans?

A: So far, this is simply seeing if anyone is interested in this mod. After a day or two (or maybe several hours), though, I will get to work on adding more content. My plans so far include (in no particular order):

• More events dealing with the execution line and prior to it. For example, I'll add some flavor events, a few events where a noble tries to buy his life, prisoner escape, so on.
  • Adding decisions for doing certain things to people, similar to castrating and blinding. They will mainly be adding traits to a character like ugly or infirm. Castrating and blinding may or may not be generalized to everyone besides the Greeks.
  • Some flavor events not tied in with the execution lineup decision. One ahistorical possibility is the invention of a medieval guillotine. Oh, the joys it will bring! :D
  • New traits. Possibly new modifiers.
  • Events or decisions dealing with prisoners of the opposite gender.
  • New ambitions and plots may be introduced.
  • A new building that will act like a prison (and will give intrigue-related bonuses like assassination bonus, imprisonment bonus, etc.)
  • Pagan sacrifices. Might incorporate mass sacrifice.

And those are my current plans. Some I may scrap, some might be new ones after this. Mostly decisions and events, but there's other stuff there as well.

Q: What about your future plans?

Mainly, I'll take requests and feedback. When I get most of my current ambitions added and ironed out, I'll consider other possibilities. Unique cultural decisions regarding prisoners might be implemented (of course, I do aim to add more pagan sacrifice decisions regarding prisoners) and I'm toying with the idea of making a title. Might be a duke or king tier title, but the basic idea would be a sort of penal-colony type title. If I can figure out how, I'll make it so that all banished/exiled prisoners go to the holder of the title. If I want to get really goofy, I will probably make a Prisoner culture and some sort of religion to compliment the title.

One other possibility is a chain of events regarding a medieval trial of sorts, depending on the crown authority, and the chance for a character to prove him/herself innocent or willing to repent their crimes. There could even be an extra event that, under certain circumstances, allows the character to go free while the monarch is imprisoned and abdicates their crown based on treason to the state!

Q: If you have all these crazy ideas for the mod, why have you started with a simple release?

A: I want to see how people like it initially. Besides, I need to get used to modding decisions and events :confused:

At any rate, though, I plan to add more contact in the very near future.

Also, bear with me if some of my ideas seem a bit fantastical :laugh:

Q: How do you plan to breakdown releases?

A: I'm going to go on a system that will work for me, regardless of whether it's accurate with actual release methods or not. Here's what a release will probably look like: 1.2345. To clarify what this will be:

• The 1 represent the next phase of this mod. Currently, the mod is an alpha, so it's at 0 for the moment. When it gets to 1, it will be a beta or simple release, depending on what I feel like calling it. And so on, based on what I describe it as.
  • The 2 represents a major release. Major releases will usually add some bulk to the mod like a chain of events, new mechanics (such as for dealing with prisoners), and so on. You'll probably get the general idea.
  • The 3 represents a minor release. Minor releases, from my perspective, will usually add maybe an event or two, possibly a decision, but will mainly be for balance purposes. Stats and modifiers will most likely be changed around with this.
  • The 4 represents a bug fix. Typos, minor localisation errors, event errors, and so on are resolved in this release to the best of my skills.
  • Don't ask me what the 5 is yet, because I sure as heck don't know. :huh: But I'll edit this space soon once I find some sort of purpose for it. You most likely won't see this digit often. (Edit - after much debating, I've decided that this digit will represent "unique" releases. Examples include holiday-themed patches, random event patches, and the works. If you see this digit, prepared for something wacky or funny. :p)

Q: What is the mod's compatibility?

A: This mod should currently be compatible with all DLC or vanilla. If it is not, please notify me. As for mods, I have not tested this yes, but there should currently be no conflicts. This mod was/is tested in Windows and should be compatible with other systems.

Note, as of v0.11, this mod requires LoR due to non-Byzantine castrate and blinding decisions. I will try to get a vanilla format going, though I am unsure if blinding and castrating will be available for vanilla users.

Q: What is the current team?

A: It's a minor mod, so I'm not expecting a large team, but so far it's just me. If anyone at all wants to work on the mod with me, I'll try to be available for contact.

Q: What if I have feedback?

A: Post it here! I will attempt to get to everyone's response. I am a very avid supporter of quality by the people, so questions, comments, concerns, bug reports, criticism, suggestions, and the works are always welcome! Even if you just want to give your opinion on the mod, go ahead!

Q: Permission policy?

I don't mind if you incorporate this mod into your mod. In fact, I welcome it! Just do me one favor and please, please, please, please acknowledge me and my work. As long as you aren't stealing my work without credit, I'm fine with whatever you do.

Q: Any planned mods for the future?

A: Nothing yet, but I'll probably say something here about it when the time comes.

Q: Anything else?

Nothing for now. I will add any other questions and answers here should they arise.

As I said in the FAQ, this is my first mod, so I'm out to show the community what I have. Yes, it's currently something that any common modder can do, but just keep a tab. This mod will grow with content.

Credit:

-Nivve for providing me with the foundation for this mod (probably wouldn't have had it sooner if this wasn't presented)
-Syren for the Tyrant title from his mod, Syren's Nicknames Mod
-Korbah for his icon templates
-Any random thread that provided me with the format for this initial post. :rofl:
-Caesar01 for French translations thus far

Last edited:
Changelog:

Version 0.11:

• Added 4 new decisions and relevant events and gave non-Byzantines access to the blinding and castrate decisions. Also added anti-cluster decisions so your decisions list won't be filled with various torture decisions.
  • Messed around with trait chance for the end execution event.

Version 0.1:

• Added two new events: one to initiate the other two and one for prisoners to buy their freedom.
  • New trait with new icon: Tyrant.
  • New nickname: the Tyrant (credit to Syren's Nickname Mod by Syren).
  • The execute option in the execution event now provides two traits: Cruel and Tyrant. In addition, it adds a Tyrant opinion modifier to vassals and lowers your prestige and piety a little.
  • Execution lineup now has additional requirements to fulfill. Also, it will only appear when you have a prisoner.

Version 0.01:

• First version.
  • One decision to initiate the event.
  • Event with two choices: kill all your current prisoners in one foul swoop or hold off on it for a little bit.

Current Bugs:

None noted currently.

Last edited:
Nice idea. A suggestion on castrating and blinding. Mod the file now to allow anyone to do it. You only have to delete a couple of lines to do this. Then, run some observe games for a 100 years or so. The number of eunuchs and blind women running around Europe will astound you. You will need to carefully tweak when and how often the AI will exercise those decisions.

this mod concept I like. it'll definitely make playing a cruel ruler fun :D
would you mind if we potentially integrate it in the future at some point for Lux Invicta? :laugh:

Nice idea. A suggestion on castrating and blinding. Mod the file now to allow anyone to do it. You only have to delete a couple of lines to do this. Then, run some observe games for a 100 years or so. The number of eunuchs and blind women running around Europe will astound you. You will need to carefully tweak when and how often the AI will exercise those decisions.

Yes, if/when I do decide to generalize castrating and blinding, I'll have to adjust the rate it happens. It's obviously going to be more work than just deleting a few lines and letting the whole business be done. :laugh:

this mod concept I like. it'll definitely make playing a cruel ruler fun :D
would you mind if we potentially integrate it in the future at some point for Lux Invicta? :laugh:

Of course. I'd recommend waiting a few updates before incorporating in, but do put it to use. I see it as being incorporated into other mods mainly.

The current version of the mod,honestly,doesn't interest me too much,but some of the plans you mentioned are great,so I definitely would download the next major version.

The current version of the mod,honestly,doesn't interest me too much,but some of the plans you mentioned are great,so I definitely would download the next major version.

I honestly don't mean for the current version to be interesting, it's what you could call a small taste of what's to come. When I can, I aim to release a major update tonight that will add more content.

I honestly don't mean for the current version to be interesting, it's what you could call a small taste of what's to come. When I can, I aim to release a major update tonight that will add more content.
to be fair, I was checking an observe game and randomly saw a lunatic cruel ruler. So I played as her, and with this mod and console cheating myself a 100k merc army just proceeded to steamroll and slaughter prisoners I captured by the dozen for fun and evilness. So it does have its (currently limited) uses though :p

Talk to the people who do the game of thrones mod...they have a sort of penal title system for the nights watch in theirs and it works out quite well...i like the concept of this too, maybe for prisoners of the opposite sex you could have a rape decision with added trait of cruel and tyranny maybe?

to be fair, I was checking an observe game and randomly saw a lunatic cruel ruler. So I played as her, and with this mod and console cheating myself a 100k merc army just proceeded to steamroll and slaughter prisoners I captured by the dozen for fun and evilness. So it does have its (currently limited) uses though :p

Heh. Well, I'm glad you've already found a good use for it. :rofl:

This mod sounds like It will be great :) , would you be adding torture options that don't release the prisoner afterwards?

Oh yes, that will be an option in the future, don't fear.

Also, progress report on next update: adding some new events for a chain. Will give the AI prisoners a chance to buy their freedom and the player will have a few "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS" options before the main event.

Concerning the possible trial event chain, I would suggest having both a fair trial where a prisoner can try to prove his/her innocent and a show where the verdict is predetermined via "instructions" (ie bribes) from the ruler to the judge.

Mod looks promising and interesting. I might even integrate parts of it into VIET if you a stable and big enough of a version running. :D

I'd also recommend posting a few screenshots. Screenshots sell.

Q: What is the current team?

A: It's a minor mod, so I'm not expecting a large team like GoT, VIET, SWMH, etc., but so far it's just me. If anyone at all wants to work on the mod with me, I'll try to be available for contact.

Last time I checked I'm not a large team of people, VIET's a one man army thing, though I take a lot of stuff from other people. ;)

Concerning the possible trial event chain, I would suggest having both a fair trial where a prisoner can try to prove his/her innocent and a show where the verdict is predetermined via "instructions" (ie bribes) from the ruler to the judge.

Yes, the justice system will be a very interesting beast to implement. I'll probably do a lot of playing around with it before it gets implemented into any actual update. For now, though, dictators and tyrants, hurray!

Mod looks promising and interesting. I might even integrate parts of it into VIET if you a stable and big enough of a version running. :D

I'd also recommend posting a few screenshots. Screenshots sell.

Last time I checked I'm not a large team of people, VIET's a one man army thing, though I take a lot of stuff from other people. ;)

Yeah, I'll post some screenshots once I've added some more content. I was debating it before I started the thread, but I'll wait before I do it. And yes, I do encourage you to use it when it gets built up. I'm basically making this mod for people to use for other mods, though independent mods are a good thing now and then.

And I apologize about that "large team" statement, I'm just making broad generalizations to get a point through xD

And I apologize about that "large team" statement, I'm just making broad generalizations to get a point through xD

No problem, just wanted to clear that out in case people get the wrong impression. VIET hasn't really been a truly team sort of thing, for better or worse.

No problem, just wanted to clear that out in case people get the wrong impression. VIET hasn't really been a truly team sort of thing, for better or worse.
you do annex the work of a lot of people's though, so it's ... close enough :p

This sounds awesome and I would definitely be interested in this. I've always thought that executions and prisoners should have more flavor. Definitely add castration/blinding to everyone (lowering the rate of course as mentioned above). Also, if your prisoner is a noble, you should have the option to have them beheaded. If they aren't noble, hanging. Also, I'm not really sure other medieval ways of execution, but depending on the level of crime, one or two more options for more "gruesome" executions should be made available. Also torturing options like "torture for information"; "torture for pleasure". But yes, this would be great. Also, I don't know if you can mod this particular item, but if one of your children is kidnapped or killed in a plot by someone (and you are a king) you should be able to execute them tyranny free.