• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can a naval unit redeploy to a landlocked province? Could this be causing the crash?

1708354101066.png

How can a naval unit redeploy to a landlocked province? Could this be causing the crash?

View attachment 1084935

Hello,

I found out today that the crash was caused by the attempt to redeploy the naval unit to Luton, which is a landlocked province. I've removed this unit and now the game no longer crashes. I'm still trying to find out what caused the redeployment to happen. Possibly due to using the old naval distance calculations. I'll tell when I know.

Regards,

Josh

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello,

I found out today that the crash was caused by the attempt to redeploy the naval unit to Luton, which is a landlocked province. I've removed this unit and now the game no longer crashes. I'm still trying to find out what caused the redeployment to happen. Possibly due to using the old naval distance calculations. I'll tell when I know.

Regards,

Josh
It's intriguing how that naval unit ended up in a redeployment state. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a situation where that would normally occur.
Once it's in a redeployment state, many things could go wrong as the engine isn't designed to handle such scenarios.

• 1Like
Reactions: