• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yup. Ended up yesterday using a culture as a marker after downloading the mod.
Thanks for the tip, anyway! ;)
A culture can disappear from the world though ;)

A culture can disappear from the world though ;)

I know. But I believe the Andals are many and form the huge majority of Westeros population, so no lack of candidates. I placed a condition in the decision.

I know. But I believe the Andals are many and form the huge majority of Westeros population, so no lack of candidates. I placed a condition in the decision.
You are right, the culture exists from startup so can safely use it for your global flag.

Version v.1.1.95 - Download HERE

Fixes & Tweaks:

- Fixed two scopes that were considering the traits of the player and not of the spouse. This was giving quite wrong results in a few circumstances
- Fixed two flags not being cleared that were causing all sorts of troubles the second time the spouse event pool starts
- Added more consequences for flatly refuse a request from the spouse (otherwise it would be the safest bet always, even if carrying some penalties)
- Using the spouse request to further one's own agenda now carries a bit more risks in case of failure
- Added a tooltip to the description of the Revoke Privileges Casus Belli
- NAPs can only be negotiated through targeted decision with someone with whom there is neither an alliance nor a NAP already
- Reduced in 50% the prevalence of murders
- Former lovers can now take the definite revenge, too
- An opinion modifier related to the refusal of a Non Aggression Pact was being incorrectly assigned to the proponent and not the decisor of the proposal
- Added a missing tooltip to the "Simply Wait" option in the Homage system
- Reduced the Diplomacy threshold necessary to have the "Simply Wait" option in the Homage system from 13 to 12. Notice the character also needs to have 750 Prestige for the option to appear.
- Updated the tooltips in the debates to note that the traits Shy(-) and Gregarious(+) always influence the debate
- Changed the probabilities with the Aggressive stance in the debates to have less draws
- Changed the weight of the trait Content in the Draw result of the debates making it less powerful
- Now only adults may participate in debates
- Now there are events telling the results of the debates
- Turned effective the Smuggler modifiers as they were adding a variable that could not be applied to characters
- Fixed a bugged trigger in the murder decision
- Removed the appearance of the Celebrate Easter decision in AGOT games... at least while there are playable characters of the Andal culture group, which I believe is the most important and numerous!
- Fixed the localization of an event in the Spouse event pool

New Content:

- Added events to control some important game modifiers about the joys of married life...

If you feel the mod deserves it, buy me a coffee:

- Now only adults may participate in debates
Might it be worth it to allow teenagers to join debates, but with a smaller chance of victory?

Well... what age do you propose?
Similar to the coronation logic in vanilla. 12 + either quick, genius, ambitious or wilful.

Yup. Ended up yesterday using a culture as a marker after downloading the mod.
Thanks for the tip, anyway! ;)

So do you still need a copy of the religion script for AGOT? If so, here you go:

westerosi_religion = {
has_coa_on_barony_only = yes
graphical_culture = westerngfx
#crusade_cb = crusade
hostile_within_group = yes

playable = yes

color = { 0.7 0.7 0.5 }

the_seven = {
graphical_culture = westerngfx

interface_skin = { the_seven_interface }

icon = 1
heresy_icon = 1
color = { 0.8 0.8 0.6 }

high_god_name = GOD_THE_GODS

crusade_name = "HOLY_WAR"
scripture_name = THE_SEVEN-POINTED_STAR
priest_title = job_spiritual_the_seven

god_names = {
GOD_THE_GODS GOD_FATHER GOD_MOTHER GOD_WARRIOR GOD_MAIDEN GOD_SMITH GOD_CRONE GOD_SEVEN #GOD_STRANGER
}
evil_god_names = {
GOD_THE_STRANGER GOD_THE_OTHERS
}

# # Tentative - Heavy cavalry bonuses! #MODIFIERS DO NOR WORK
# unit_modifier = {
# heavy_cavalry_offensive = 0.2
# heavy_cavalry_defensive = 0.2
# key = "OFF_RELIGION"
# }

investiture = yes
can_excommunicate = yes #no
can_grant_divorce = yes #no
#can_grant_invasion_cb = no
can_grant_claim = no
can_call_crusade = no
can_have_antipopes = no
priests_can_inherit = no
rel_head_defense = yes

religious_clothing_head = 0
religious_clothing_priest = 2

max_consorts = 7

intermarry = old_gods
intermarry = old_gods_reformed
}

- Removed the appearance of the Celebrate Easter decision in AGOT games... at least while there are playable characters of the Andal culture group, which I believe is the most important and numerous!

Clearly didn't read the new release notes before my earlier post; feel free to ignore! Thanks again!

Clearly didn't read the new release notes before my earlier post; feel free to ignore! Thanks again!

Will be improved a bit next week but yes, it is done. :)

Spoke too soon; the decision still appears for non-Andal characters, so back to the old fix of deleting the decision again. Oh well.

Hummm... I guess next week it will be solved once and for all.

This week I have been having fun with some more intrigue. In this case, the spouse may try to assume control of the matters of the player. If successful, expect a modifier with serious penalties in terms of stats. But everything might go well... it might even be just the impression of the player and the spouse is innocent after all.
Bottom line, judge your character, your spouse and your Councillor personality and pick your poison...

pOVFfHN.jpg

Ready to go on next Friday release. Enjoy!

Can't wait! Seems extra spicy ;)

Last edited:
Version v.1.1.96 - Download HERE

Fixes & Tweaks:

- Remove "Lack of Harmony" modifiers if character gets divorced now is working
- Reworked the detection of the AGOT mod to be more efficient & accurate
- Added the description of "Great Hunt" modifier
- Reduced to 20% of what was before the average number of murders

New Content:

- Added another event pool on the "Spouses" event set. Still a long way to finish but more content is being added every week.

Similar to the coronation logic in vanilla. 12 + either quick, genius, ambitious or wilful.

Done for next release (24/01), coded as you suggested but also included the following traits as preventing the event from happening for non adults with at least 12yo: Imbecile, Slow, Dim - for those that use HIP - and Content. Also it is only applicable to the random event, not the decision to promote a debate that continues to be reserved to adults.

Version v.1.1.96 - Download HERE

Fixes & Tweaks:

- Remove "Lack of Harmony" modifiers if character gets divorced now is working
- Reworked the detection of the AGOT mod to be more efficient & accurate
- Added the description of "Great Hunt" modifier
- Reduced to 20% of what was before the average number of murders

New Content:

- Added another event pool on the "Spouses" event set. Still a long way to finish but more content is being added every week.

Thanks for the update buddy! I'll start playtesting during the weekend :)

Those playing Dark Ages without HIP are experiencing the old pregnancy bug once again. To recap, the Pregnancy bug keeps the woman in her "last months" but without being pregnant once a stillbirth happens. It will prevent that woman from becoming pregnant again. This does not happen in vanilla as the chances of Stillbirth are 0%. In Dark Ages the chances are different as it seems to me a nice, realistic and immersive effect to have. Now, recently I removed my fix for this issue as I was not detecting the bug anymore. It turned out it was HIP - and I play with it - that was fixing the issue.

So, all this to say that I fixed once and for all the issue, independently of the mods played, and the fix will be available on next week version (24/1). Sorry for the troubles.

Last edited:
The bloody pregnancy bug. Not again :eek:
Good thing I haven't touched Vanilla since 14 Feb 2012...