• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

colony

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 24, 2014
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
D166
Alpha! no, not 'greenlight' alpha or 'early access' alpha. ACTUAL PROVIDED 'AS IS' ALPHA.
This is currently virtually unplaytested but the general aim is for more diverse play and better game macro in larger games
It will get finished but right now i need a break to fireball things in

Install
Drop d166.pack into warlock game folder
Read the rest of this readme, it's your own fault if you don't
Make a lot of coffee in advance
Start a new game

Uninstall
Delete d166.pack from warlock game folder
Delete all saves from d166 games
Give yourself a slap

Prerequisites
Warlock and all DLC's

Compatibility
Don't know but judging by how much this alters it's probably incompatible with everything, and your mum won't like it

Changes
Far too much but here's a load of notes I've been using to keep track of what I'm doing and not go insane

General
all races now start differently as follows
dark elves start with farm, market, magic tower and a single archer unit
undead start with mana farm, market, a unit of skeleton archers and a unit of skeleton infantry
humans start with farm, market, rogues guild and a unit of rogues
monsters start with farm, market, a unit of ratmen and a unit of goblin archers
no hidden racial perks! you want farmer perk, buy it
reworked grand mage perks to allow more varied grand mage builds as follows:
Cost Perk Effect
1 Treasury 100 Gold
1 Mana Vault 100 Mana
2 Researcher +3 Research
2 Instructor +2 XP/turn
2 Koatl Training +15 Melee and Death Magic Resist
2 Elven Blessing +15 Ranged and Elemental Magic Resist
3 Porker Pigs
3 Pilgrim Magic Node
3 Lord of Koatls Koatls
3 Elven Relatives Elves
3 Beastmaster Minotaurs
3 Dwarven Holm Dwarves
3 Donkey Lord Donkeys
3 Warmaster Halberthall
3 Crusader Holy Ground
**NOTE BEWARE AS THE HOLY GROUND WILL BEGIN THE GAME WITH AN ELEMENTAL, I'M EITHER GONNA REMOVE THIS OR ADD A ENEMY TO ALL RESOURCES**
4 Trader +20% Gold
4 Conjurer +20% Mana
4 Farmer +20% Food
4 Academic +20% Research
4 Archmage +20% Cast Speed
4 Glorious Tactics +10% Unit Power
**TO DO - GUI FOR PERKS**
All 3 point cost spells moved to 2 points
All Gods Favour perks moved from 6 to 5 points
modified pre-set grand mages where needed
removed imp advisor and high blademaster (added back elsewhere)
grand mages start slightly further apart
reduced resource penalty and bonus given by tiles
penalty for none race cities reduced
desert now gives gold bonus instead of mana
ice now gives mana bonus instead of gold
swamp now gives research bonus
altered frequency of almost all tiles to only appear on certain worlds, in varied amounts.
resources are now indestructible
slightly increased resources given by buildings
moved butchery from donkeys to pigs and unlocked for all races
unlocked magic garden, dragon farm and transmuter for all races
changed serpentarium to to give a research bonus
altered religion threshold from -10 to -50
lowered frequency of random lords
increased frequency of random creature spawns

Spells **STILL PLAYING WITH THESE**
increased research cost dramatically
reduced casting time of some spells
added 'uber' level spells to researchables

Units
**TO DO - ADD DRAGON, RAT AND DARK ELF LORDS - ADD SOME MORE OF THE NPC ONLY REGIMENTS AS BUILDABLE UNITS**
increased cost of some summoned units and food cost of all undead bats
increased resources required for dragons
increased cost of settlers
Improved Krolms Housecarls slightly (hp.50 dam.20)
changed xp gained by all units to att 3/ def 3/ heal 1
Added Ogre to Grum Gog Temple
Increased Ogre cost for use as player unit
moved all temple units. only dedication to your chosen god, not race matters.
increased cost of lords, all lords require level 10 city to unlock as buildable lords **TO DO - LIMIT LORD NUMBERS**
added imp advisor lord and black mage to infernal rift. requires demonic lab and university in same city to unlock
added lord barlog to infernal rift. requires demonic lab and training grounds in same city to unlock **TO DO - ADD REQUIREMENT, CAPITAL**
added elder ogre lord to temple of grum gog. requires temple of grum gog and mill in same city to unlock
added donkey knight lord to order of stubborn knights. requires order of stubborn knights and training grounds in same city to unlock
added blademaster lord to temple of krolm. requires temple of krolm and training grounds in same city to unlock
added elf archer lord to training court. requires elven bungalo, training court and training grounds in same city to unlock
added lord ghost to pumpkin farm. requires pumpkin farm and magic bazaar in same city to unlock
added lord paladin spirit to temple of dauros. requires training ground and temple of dauros in same city to unlock **TO DO - ADD REQUIREMENT, CAPITAL**
added lord goblin archer to pumpkin farm. requires pumpkin farm and smithy in same city to unlock
added warrior lord to training arena. requires halberthall, training arena and training grounds in same city to unlock
added lord shaman and lord cleric to magic fields. require magic fields and university in same city to unlock
added lord vampire and lord witch to excavations. requires excavations and university in same city to unlock
added lord skeleton to excavations. requires excavations and training grounds in same city to unlock **TO DO - ADD REQUIREMENT, CAPITAL**
added koatl warlock to serpentarium. requires serpentarium and university in same city to unlock

*stuff to do along the way*
more pre made great mages
more lords
fireball a lot

plans for the future
beta release, when bug free and all features done
final release, when playtested and balanced
get some sleep sometime this century

Attachments

• Alpha.rar
    109 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Such a shame this never took off, i love the changes to the terrain and the perks. The mod seems broken however, when clicking End Turn i got a message about a missing file. Oh well. :/

All Gods Favour perks moved from 6 to 5 points..

I can understand that perks costing less is useful when I want to change the wizard I want to play at the start of the game.

However does that change mean that AI Wizards who have 10 points and who now have only to spend 5 instead of 6 on e.g. "Favour of Dauros" will select some other perk?
Or will they simply start with the pre-defined perks and have 1 point wasted if anything else is unchanged?

Edit: I tried it and lowering the cost of perks does not mean that AI wizards take additional perks on their own when a new game is started and they have points left :-( So the only way would be not only to lower the cost of perks but to define a set of perks that actually fully uses the points left for each wizard in fractions.xml.

What did you change to allow all races magic gardens? I would like to have the elves able to build them but I found no clue in buildings.xml under garden_magic who is allowed to build it?

Edit:
swamp now gives research bonus
In which file can the boni and mali of terrain be modified?

Last edited: