[Mod] Cybrxkhan’s Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris - Fantasy, Real-World Inspired, & More!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any chance for a mafia / organized crime inspired name list? It would be a bit more immersive for someone playing as a criminal syndicate empire if their leaders had names like Bonnano, Capone, Colombo, Gambino, Genovese, Gotti, and Lucchese for example.

Is there any chance for a mafia / organized crime inspired name list? It would be a bit more immersive for someone playing as a criminal syndicate empire if their leaders had names like Bonnano, Capone, Colombo, Gambino, Genovese, Gotti, and Lucchese for example.
No guarantees but I can put it on my to-do list.

Since I released new versions of the More AI Personalities and Basic Ordinary Origins mods, I had some time to throw in a few new namelists to CANS as well. Manual installation is also available in the first post as is tradition.

Changelog:
  • Added new namelists: Asian (Fantasy), Elamite (Markov), Lithuanian (Markov), Xiongnu (Markov)

This is a new version to update to 3.2/Herbert. At the moment, most namelists have not been updated to spawn with randomly generated Aquatic AI empires yet. I'll work on that this weekend. Manual installation available in the first post for those of you still using that.

Changelog:
  • Updated to 3.2/Herbert
  • Added new namelists: Chimer (TES), Guanche (Markov)

• 1Like
Reactions:

New version up, y'all know the drill. Manual installation available in the first post as usual.

Changelog:
  • Updated to 3.3/Libra
  • Added new namelists: Persian 2, Tongan
  • Added Tongan and Samoan names to CANS’ human namelists
  • Added French translations, courtesy of Samuel Silver
  • Added a few new names for construction ships in the Homeworld namelist
  • Fixed Guanche issues

• 2Love
Reactions:

Very basic patch is up. Please note, while the mod is stable and working, there are currently some minor localization bugs with fleet and army names due to changes with how they work in the 3.4/Cepheus patch. I am working on fixing them, but it will take time as I'll have to rewrite some code for all 250+ namelists and I wanted to get the update out ASAP first instead of having everyone wait (especially since I'm also busy with my CK3 mods). Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Oh and manual install in the first post for the 3 of you that need that, as always.

Changelog:
  • Updated to 3.4/Cepheus

• 1Love
Reactions:

New version up, sorry for the wait - I was busy with CK3 modding, but the loc issues have finally been fixed! Thanks to FLSoz on Discord for assisting me with that. Manual install in first post as usual.

Changelog:
  • Added new namelists: Hausa (Markov), Sarmatian (Markov)
  • Added more Aquatics species names
  • Added missing Lithoid and Necroid species names for a few namelists
  • Fixed localization bugs with army and fleet names (thanks to FLSoz for assisting me with this!)

EDIT: I just uploaded a very small hotfix to fix the human namelists bugging out. Make sure to unsubscribe/resubscribe if using the Steam version until it works, or if you used the manual install version, to delete everything before reinstalling.

Last edited:

Y'all know the drill by now. Pretty busy at the moment so this is just a bare minimum patch. Manual download in first post as usual for the couple of you who still use that. I am very busy at the moment so I have not been able to address a few minor localization bugs, but will do so when I have more time. Thanks all!

Changelog:
  • Updated to 3.6/Orion

Hi there.

Sorry to highjack your thread but Im having trouble getting a custom name list to appear in my mod. I posted a query recently in the quick questions thread but Im still stuck (Image for reference shown in that thread)

Ive made a custom new faction: Terran Empire, Ive added a TERRAN file to the names_list folder and added name_list = "Terran" in the prescripted folder. The file shows up in the game but it does read the ship names properly. Im getting TERRAN_SHIP_Aardvark showing up in game rather than ISS Ardvark.

Any idea what Im doing wrong?

If you are just reusing the default human names, you can just keep them as "HUMAN1_SHIP_Aardvark" and so on in the code, so it uses whatever the default Human loc is. Otherwise, if you rename them, you'd have to either change each manually to Aardvark or add in corresponding code in the loc.

If you are just reusing the default human names, you can just keep them as "HUMAN1_SHIP_Aardvark" and so on in the code, so it uses whatever the default Human loc is. Otherwise, if you rename them, you'd have to either change each manually to Aardvark or add in corresponding code in the loc.
I wanted to make a proper Terran file in names_list work as I plan on adding other factions later on.

I did initially try your suggestion but that also came with the additional problem of when I added a new ship name myself to the human1 file eg: human1__ship_WorldRazer it would show up like that in the faction select screen, not as ISS World Razer.

Im still at a loss as to why the game is identifying my Terran file but all the names within it are not displaying properly…

If you're having issues with new ship names, that means you'll don't have relevant entries for them in the loc file.

If you're having issues with new ship names, that means you'll don't have relevant entries for them in the loc file.
Many thanks for the assist.

The only thing that still isnt working is the actual names list itself in the customisation screen is still showing up as 'names-list_Terran'

The Terran file in common/name_lists is defined:

TERRAN = {
category = "Humanoid"
randomized = no
alias = "Terran"

And the prescripted file points to:
name_list = "Terran"

Its obviously reading the files but not displaying properly for some reason.

You need to put "name_list_" in the loc before the entry for that namelist.

What I mean is, take the Asian-American namelist in my code for CANS as an example - in the code, it is "asianamerican" but its entry in localization looks like the following:

Code:
 name_list_asianamerican:0 "Asian-American (Real)"

This will make it appear as "Asian-American (Real)" in game.

Your namelist is showing up as "name_list_terran" because you haven't properly defined the terrain name list in the code with the "name_list_" prefix, basically.

"Dread" is in the black hole list in the name list twice. It's in CANS_00.txt and I actually got a galaxy with two black holes named Dread, though I failed to save it.

In other news, it took a lot of rewording to be able to post this. Thanks, forum software.

Ok thanks for the heads up! I'll fix that in the next version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you! Here are a bunch of lines from error.log too with only CANS enabled. "C " being "too long" tickles me :)

Code:
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name The Psi-Lords %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name The Surpassing Ones %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Replica Forces %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Droid Forces %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Droid Defense Forces %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Droid Occupation Forces %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Telepathic Order %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento da Guarda %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento de Fuzileiros %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento de Servos %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Clonado %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento de Mortos-Vivos %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Robótico Autónomo %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name RegimeAutónomo Robótico    %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Especial de Superioridade Psiónica %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Especial Alienígena %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Especial de Superioridade Genética %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Security Echelon %CCC% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Legion %CCC% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Stalk of Many %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Iron Stalk %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Iron Branch %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Genet %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Daisy Chain %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Daffodil Chain %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Chain Gang %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:800]: Ship name is too long: C 
[13:51:17][namelist.cpp:198]: Failed to localize leader name with key Halim
[13:51:17][namelist.cpp:198]: Failed to localize leader name with key Tahiri

Ok, thanks for heads up! Some of those look like vanilla names... but maybe I didn't update something related to vanilla, if they aren't actual vanilla bugs. Something for me to look into when I update the mod, thanks!

Thank you! Here are a bunch of lines from error.log too with only CANS enabled. "C " being "too long" tickles me :)

Code:
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name The Psi-Lords %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name The Surpassing Ones %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Replica Forces %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Droid Forces %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Droid Defense Forces %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Droid Occupation Forces %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Telepathic Order %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento da Guarda %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento de Fuzileiros %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento de Servos %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Clonado %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento de Mortos-Vivos %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Robótico Autónomo %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name RegimeAutónomo Robótico    %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Especial de Superioridade Psiónica %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Especial Alienígena %R% is not localized!
[13:51:13][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Regimento Especial de Superioridade Genética %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Security Echelon %CCC% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Legion %CCC% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Stalk of Many %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Iron Stalk %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Iron Branch %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Genet %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Daisy Chain %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Daffodil Chain %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:93]: Sequential name Chain Gang %R% is not localized!
[13:51:14][namelist.cpp:800]: Ship name is too long: C
[13:51:17][namelist.cpp:198]: Failed to localize leader name with key Halim
[13:51:17][namelist.cpp:198]: Failed to localize leader name with key Tahiri

I'm getting similar errors. I'm not sure if it's CANS or something else. My log file is attached. Did you ever get it fixed? Does it show up if you start a new game?

Attachments

• error.log
    24,3 MB · Views: 0