[Mod] Cybrxkhan’s Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris - Fantasy, Real-World Inspired, & More!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VERSION 1.6.2 IS UP - DOWNLOAD ON THE STEAM WORKSHOP HERE!

New version up to go along with 1.8.2! Includes the most new namelists I’ve had in almost a year, maybe. Nothing much else to say so as always, enjoy.

Manual upload available in first post as usual.

Changelog for Version 1.6.2

• Added eight new namelists: Andalusian (Handmade), Fantasy 9 (Handmade), French 2 (Handmade), German 2 (Handmade), Khazar (Handmade), Portuguese (Handmade), Russian (Handmade), Tibetan (Handmade)
  • Added Tibetan and Malagasy names to CANS’ human namelists
  • AI robot empires now have a (small) chance of spawning with the following namelists: Abstract 1, Abstract 2, and Forerunner (Halo)

As a side note, for those interested in how I make my namelists, the Fantasy 9 namelist is the first namelist (other than the real human ones, and the compiled TES one) where I've combined different naming styles into one, sort of like how the human namelist has different pools of names to choose from, such as Chinese, English, Japanese, etc.. In this case I've combined four naming styles from one of the random name generator sites I've been using a lot for this mod, http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/ . I hope to do more like these in the future, to give some more variety and very subtle history to the species that spawn with these namelists, and I'm surprised I've never thought of doing that until now.

Hey mate! Thanks for the mod! Do you have any plans to expand on the Robotic/Machine Namelists now that Machine empires are a thing?:)

I do in fact have plans! I have one Robot namelist I added a long time ago, if you haven't noticed it, but I am planning on adding a few more new Robot/Machine namelists in the future for more variety.

Hey there !
Awesome work here, I use it for most of my games.
But recently, I have experienced a problem. Each time the launcher of the game appear, your mod stop working properly. The namelists become buggy and no name appear anywhere. If I un-suscribe/re-suscribe to the mod while the launcher is still active, the mod works fine and there's no problem until I exit the game, the whole mess begin again each time I launch the game so I must re-suscribe to your mod at the beginning of each game session. I don't know what's the problem exactly, if it's the mod of the game or something else but it's quite frustrating. I would love if you could resolve the problem, or tell me how to do it. Thank you.
Again I love the work you've done on this, it's wonderful and amazing and I want to keep using it.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Hey there !
Awesome work here, I use it for most of my games.
But recently, I have experienced a problem. Each time the launcher of the game appear, your mod stop working properly. The namelists become buggy and no name appear anywhere. If I un-suscribe/re-suscribe to the mod while the launcher is still active, the mod works fine and there's no problem until I exit the game, the whole mess begin again each time I launch the game so I must re-suscribe to your mod at the beginning of each game session. I don't know what's the problem exactly, if it's the mod of the game or something else but it's quite frustrating. I would love if you could resolve the problem, or tell me how to do it. Thank you.
Again I love the work you've done on this, it's wonderful and amazing and I want to keep using it.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

This is very likely not an issue with the mod itself per se. You've already done the subscribe and re-subscribe thing, but also try re-verifying your game files in steam and subscribing and re-subscribing to everything. Also while obvious make sure you're not offline on steam while doing this. Otherwise, short of reinstalling the game, I'm not sure what would be the cause then.

Can you add Warhammer factions namelists? There is a bunch of name generators on the internet.

Didn't think of that, actually, despite how popular it is. I'll make a note to add some in the future.

I'd love to see an Oscan name list .
You know, for space Samnites.

Coincidentally, it's already on my to-do list. ^_^

More namelists, wow! This is a pretty big update with eleven new namelists. Guess you guys know the drill so here's the changelog:

• Added eleven new namelists: Dwarven (D&D), Elvish (D&D), Gnome (D&D), Kobold (D&D), Korean 2 (Handmade), Machine 5, Machine 6, Oscan (Handmade), Reptilian 7 [Credits to @Scudilo for the Kraddl namelist that formed the basis for this one], Reptilian 8, Reptilian 9
  • Robot 1 namelist renamed to “Machine 4” to keep consistent with vanilla, and the army names have also been renamed to be like that of Machine 1 namelist (it is however still called robotic_1 in the code in order to maintain compatibility with saves from before 1.6.3)

Manual upload is available on the first post as usual for those of you who prefer that. Additionally, for those who follow the mod page on steam workshop, I've moved the list of added namelists to a discussion thread here, as it seems the description is finally too long for Steam Workshop for whatever reason.

Expect a minor update to come around when the humanoid portrait pack is out in a week and a half.

New update for the 1.9 patch is up. Here's the changelog:

• Updated to patch 1.9
  • Added 8 new namelists: Haida (Handmade), Halfing (D&D), Halfing (Pathfinder), Hobbit (LotR), Jurchen (Markov), Molluscoid 7 [Credits to @Scudilo for the Chuumi namelist that formed the basis for this one], Molluscoid 8, Molluscoid 9

Manual upload is available on the first post as usual for those of you who prefer that.

New update for 2.0/Cherryh. It’s a big update that includes over 10 new namelists (several courtesy of Scudilo), so we’re now at 198 namelists, almost 200! Quite amazing this mod originally started only with 20 namelists and I have almost ten times as much. Because of the massive changes to Patch 2.0, I’ve also decided to have this update be CANS 2.0 as well. As I tried to get this compatible as quickly as I could, I may have missed something in my haste. If you notice any bugs or issues, please feel free to give me a heads up.

There are a few namelists that might not spawn with names for Titan or Colossus ships. I’ll be working on addressing those later as I did not consider them a priority, but if you notice any feel free to give me a heads up.

Another thing I’ll address in the near future is adding several new names for AI-spawned empires using the vanilla namelists, as vanilla 2.0 added in one new namelist for every phenotype.

And here's the changelog:
  • Updated to Patch 2.0/Cherryh
  • Added 10 new namelists: Algonquian (Fantasy), Assyrian (Handmade), Egyptian (Markov), Eldar (Warhammer), Hakka (Handmade), Kushan (Homeworld), Maormer (TES), Ork (Warhammer), Tau (Warhammer), Xhosa (Handmade) [Credits to Scudilo for the Warhammer and Kushan namelists]
  • Renamed Arthropoid 4, Avian 4, Machine 4, Molluscoid 4, Reptilian 4, and Plantoid 4 to Arthropoid 7, Avian 7, Machine 7, Molluscoid 10, Reptilian 10, and Plantoid 7 to avoid confusion with the new namelists added in vanilla

Manual upload is available on the first post as usual for those of you who prefer that.

HOTFIX UP ON STEAM WORKSHOP

Just uploaded a quick fix for a bug where the game wouldn't use any of the new star systems added in CANS, which wasn't game breaking per se but meant that if you used a galaxy with larger size than vanilla you would've seen nameless star systems. If you continue to see any issues please feel free to bring them up.

Additionally, I've uploaded a depreciated 1.9 version on the third post which you can download and install manually. Someone requested this on steam workshop and I figured some of you might find it useful.

Update is finally up for 2.1/Niven. Thank you so much for everyone’s patience. Although I’ve been very busy these past few months, and haven’t been in much a mood for Stellaris, your continued support means a lot to me so I will still try to maintain my mods as necessary. Anyways, surprisingly, it seems that I left some namelists lying around (some courtesy of Scudilo from the forums), so this new update does include some new content. There are also a number of bugfixes, though I haven’t yet figured out the cause of a very rare bug where a RNG empire might spawn with no name. Please enjoy as always and thank you again.

• Updated to patch 2.1
  • Added 5 new namelists: Coptic (Handmade), Coptic (Real), Imperium (Warhammer), Necron (Warhammer), Twi’lek (Star Wars) [Credits again to Scudilo for the Warhammer namelists]
  • Added Mande, Kazakh, Uzbek, Cherokee, and Navajo names to CANS’ human namelists
  • Added new species name for randomly spawned AI Empires using the vanilla Fungoid 4, Humanoid 3, Humanoid 4, Machine 4, Mammalian 4, and Plantoid 4 namelists
  • Added Titan and Colossus ship names for namelists that would’ve needed them
  • Fixed CANS’ UNE and Commonwealth of Man namelists missing previously added names
  • Fixed CANS’ UNE and Commonwealth of Man namelists missing newly added Titan and Colossus names from their vanilla counterparts
  • Fixed missing army and fleet names for Machine 5, 6, and 7 namelists
  • Commented out wormhole_station, orbital_station, terraform_station, observation_station, and outpost_station from various namelist code as they are no longer used in the game code
  • Fixed some typos

Awesome. Thank you for another awesome update. You know, I really should get around to handmaking an Anglo-Canadian namelist both for personal use and to send to you for consideration/material for you to mine.

Just uploaded a quick fix for a couple of major typos that might’ve been causing issues for some of you. Since it’s just a hotfix there won’t be a new version number.

Awesome. Thank you for another awesome update. You know, I really should get around to handmaking an Anglo-Canadian namelist both for personal use and to send to you for consideration/material for you to mine.

Thanks! I certainly don't mind more new namelists!

Do you mean "modern British" or traditional English, Welsh, Scots and/or Irish?

Official update for Le Guin/Megacorp is up. I don’t update as much as I used to but I have thrown in over seven new namelists with this one! Not much more else to say atm so please enjoy as always and do tell me if there are compatibility issues with Le Guin.

• Updated to Le Guin/Megacorp
  • Added 7 new namelists: Fantasy 10, Hittite (Handmade), Maori (Handmade), Moroccan (Handmade), Inca 2 (Handmade), Rodian (Star Wars), Simlish (Sims)
  • Added several hundred new star names
  • Fixed a few typos

Manual upload is available on the first post as usual for the two or three of you guys who're still into that. :)

Found a name that isn't loading properly, causing any string containing it (including empire names and tooltips) to not load.

Traced it to this entry in mammalian_new.txt. Changing the "í" character seemed to fix it.

Code:
    mithorn = {
        name = Míthornese
        plural = Míthornese
        home_planet = Míthorn
        home_system = "Míthorn Var"
        name_list = "MAM1"
    }

Attachments

• 20181209191332_1.jpg
    20181209191332_1.jpg
    280,5 KB · Views: 24