[Mod] Cybrxkhan’s Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris - Fantasy, Real-World Inspired, & More!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you upload you mod on this thread please?
@cybrxkhan

Can you upload the file here and instead of going through the steam workshop.

I prefer to keep it on one place because it's honestly just more convenient for me. However, are you guys having problems downloading from the steam workshop or something? If so I guess I could post the files on the thread sure.

Great work! I like the ancient western asian languages, fits good to space empires.
Maybe Urartian or Aramaic? Also a few more humble suggestions^^:

Armenian/Georgian (Fantasy)
Hungarian (Fantasy)
Amharic (Fantasy)
Polynesian/Maori (Fantasy)
Old Norse
Proto Slavic

Some of the ancient Western Asian languages might be hard to do because I'll have to find a good name generator for those (otherwise I guess I'll have to do handcrafted ones, which is okay too), but I'll see what I can do. I will probably do a Babylonian namelist in the future, and Polynesian, Norse, and Slavic namelists are in the works (possibly I'll divide Slavic into ancient/Proto-Slavic and like modern Russian/Soviet-inspired stuff).

It would be "Classis" not "Classes." Hehe~

Classis, actually. Means fleet.

Oh! Okay, that makes sense. Will do!

I prefer to keep it on one place because it's honestly just more convenient for me. However, are you guys having problems downloading from the steam workshop or something? If so I guess I could post the files on the thread sure.

I find it just annoying to deal with steam workshop for Mods. It is so much easier IMO to just download and put it in the mod folder.

Reactions:
Hey, is it possible that you can post a direct (not steam workshop) download link? My game (among many others) are completely unable to install mods from the steam workshop (we don't know why and Paradox Support isn't helping) so if you could post a direct download link, that would be great.

Thanks!

Just throwing this out here but if anyone knows French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Russian, or Polish I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me provide translations for the localization. For this mod the amount of words needed to be localized should be very small (basically just the names of the namelists themselves, i.e. instead of "Space Chinese" you have "Spatiale Japonaise" or whatever it is in French).

I find it just annoying to deal with steam workshop for Mods. It is so much easier IMO to just download and put it in the mod folder.

Hey, is it possible that you can post a direct (not steam workshop) download link? My game (among many others) are completely unable to install mods from the steam workshop (we don't know why and Paradox Support isn't helping) so if you could post a direct download link, that would be great.

Thanks!

Fair enough! Your wish is my command. I've added a direct download link at the bottom of the first post, hopefully that works! :)

Reactions:

Thanks!
do you have steam cloud disabled?
Enabling it fixed the bug for me.

May I suggest Native American names?

Don't Incas count? :p

But yes I'm considering some in the future, not sure which but we'll see!

Preview of the upcoming Persian and Ancient Greek namelists. Now you can have your space Xwedodah!

NIKXs6C.jpg

4pKw7bb.jpg

Well primarily Iroquois, Sioux, Shoshone, Navajo, those cultural groups but Incas may work for now, thanks!

I'll be adding a Beothuk namelist for the next version, though I might add one of the ones you suggested as well. We'll see :)

Dunmer namelists! You are a legend <3

brb, rolling a fungoid technocracy and renaming all my characters after Telvanni towers...

I also differentiated between Ashlanders and non-Ashlanders for your convenience as well so you won't get a random mic of normal Dunmer and Ashlander nams. :D

Last edited:
Reactions:
Fair enough! Your wish is my command. I've added a direct download link at the bottom of the first post, hopefully that works! :)

Thank you so much, my good sir!

do you have steam cloud disabled?
Enabling it fixed the bug for me.

I actually found a pseudo-solution to my problem... Go into steam workshop, subscribe to the mod I want, find a way into the steam downloads page, look for workshop content and press download now. It works, but buggy as hell and brings in a plethora of more problems. But yes, Steam Cloud is enabled. I have a weird problem relating to empty mod boxes and black lines...

Everybody here likes the Byzantines, so here's a few preview screenshots to satisfy your craving for ridiculously long nonsensical but epic-sounding names for your Space Byzantines:
8dBAjGH.jpg

uJFrU9F.jpg

JqVThDr.jpg

These names were semi-handmade as I just took syllables from real-life Byzantine terms and people, threw it in a word generator, and voila, Space Byzantines.

Anyways, I'm almost finished with the code for the next version. At the moment, I'm mainly just waiting for PI to release the first patch (assuming it comes sometime next week) as I intend to release v 2 along with it. Currently the changelog is as follows:

• Added localisation for French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish - please note that the text is still in English, but it will no longer show up as code at least. If you want to help me with localisation, that would be greatly appreciated!
  • Added new namelists:
    • Aztec (Fantasy)
    • Byzantine (Handmade)
    • Beothuk (Real)
    • Dragon Language (Elder Scrolls)
    • Greek (Fantasy)
    • Hawaiian (Fantasy)
    • Japanese (Real)
    • Slavic (Fantasy)
    • Persian (Fantasy)
  • Added more names to the French (Fantasy) namelist
  • Fleets for species using Roman namelists are now called “Classis X” instead of “Space Legion X”
  • Fixed AI aliens who were supposed to have Tocharian names spawning with Inca names instead

Noice noice, spanks!

Thank you so much, my good sir!

You're welcome both

Reactions:
I've created a Bactrian name-list for myself based on Nicholas Sims-Williams recent books. I didn't bother with the ship names, but do you want it?

Have you posted these on the CKII new cultures thread btw?

Anyways, I don't mind taking a look at it! I don't think I ever found enough Bactrian names to satisfy me. I can probably just pull some random names from your list to use as your ship names if all else fails.

Nice outfits in those portraits. Which mod is that?

It's the Totalitarian Human Portraits seen here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683756022

They seem to fit the sci-fi theme more in my opinion

Reactions:
Have you posted these on the CKII new cultures thread btw?

Anyways, I don't mind taking a look at it! I don't think I ever found enough Bactrian names to satisfy me. I can probably just pull some random names from your list to use as your ship names if all else fails.
I haven't put it on CK2 as the lack of female names has discouraged me. Here is the namelist:
Code:
### Bactrian
CUSTOM_BAC = {
    ### SHIPS

ship_names = {

generic = {
            Trum'Pakh Trum'Dolon Trum'Sarim Trum'Doloss Trum'Rokh Trum'Vakhna Trum'Kariss Trum'Poffon Trum'Hariss Trum'Soyob Trum'Dakhan
            Trum'Voim Trum'Dukh Trum'Vassk Trum'Esam Trum'Cassthar Trum'Barkan Trum'Lampan Trum'Rokba Trum'Histan Trum'Oloman Trum'Okran
            Trum'Fokin Trum'Farass Trum'Iomath Trum'Mothon Trum'Dialom Trum'Bodnok Trum'Bathnor Trum'Zoyom Trum'Abnar Trum'Reeken
            Alam'Bissna Alam'Turom Alam'Taratha Alam'Tisska Alam'Purim Alam'Shuss Alam'Parathnak Alam'Gioshum Alam'Korob Alam'Hinthab
            Alam'Kulom Alam'Avintok Alam'Tannek Alam'Sior Alam'Rossul Alam'Bebinna Alam'Fethon Alam'Polluner Alam'Rastram Alam'Treesk
            Alam'Enerpul Alam'Buskat Pob'Tirin Pob'Kassh Pob'Onor Pob'Greefad Pob'Minisk Pob'Sumath Pob'Ereesim Pob'Kreedak Pob'Duthur
            Pob'Hialash Pob'Vermeb Pob'Badram Pob'Buvdar Pob'Tharat Pob'Illith Pob'Vikham Pob'Thorok Pob'Rumber Pob'Ikath
        }

corvette = {
        }

destroyer = {
        }

cruiser = {
        }

battleship = {
        }

science = {
        }

colonizer = {
        }

constructor = {
        }

mining_station = { }
        research_station = { }
        wormhole_station = { }
        terraform_station = { }
        observation_station = { }
        outpost_station = {
            random_names = { }
            sequential_name = "%O% Frontier Outpost"
        }

military_station_small = {}
        military_station_medium = {}
        military_station_large = {}  
    }

fleet_names = {
        random_names = {
            "Lav'Tissha Battle Group" "Alak'Ssaral Battle Group" "Hiri'Gasska Battle Group" "Kur'Freega Battle Group" "Mak'Tissam Battle Group"
        }
        sequential_name = "%O% Battle Group"
    }

army_names = {
        defense_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Defense Spah"
        }

assault_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Assault Spah"
        }

slave_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Slave Spah"
        }

clone_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Clone Spah"
        }

robotic_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Robot Spah"
        }

android_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Synth Spah"
        }

psionic_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Psyker Spah"
        }

xenomorph_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Xenomorph Spah"
        }

gene_warrior_army = {
            sequential_name = "%O% Genhanced Assault Spah"
        }
    }

### PLANETS

planet_names = {

generic = {
            names = {
                Rob Steb Regan Kusirdakhm Malrug Wadod Larkad Istakhirs Kandban Lan Burzawid Pidud Yamarg Malr Sangin Sursah Warnu
                Wakhsh-Yamsh Samingan Sandaran Parpaz Mahon Lizg Larg Kalf Kinsarg Gozgan
            }
        }

pc_desert = {
            names = {
            }
        }

pc_tropical = {
            names = {
            }
        }

pc_arid = {
            names = {
            }
        }

pc_continental = {
            names = {
            }
        }

pc_ocean = {
            names = {
            }
        }

pc_tundra = {
            names = {
            }
        }

pc_arctic = {
            names = {
            }
        }

}

### CHARACTERS

character_names = {
        default = {
            # A complete name
            full_names = {

}

# Always combined with a second name
            first_names = {
                Wind-Ormuzd Khwadew-Lad Waraz-Ormuzd Abdabuk Aspal-Mir Bag-Bandag Bag-Farn Zamod Bab Piduk Ninduk Far-Wesh Nog-Sanind Ralik Muzda-Wanind Yamsh-Bandag
                Pap Yat Basuk Zuwanind Aspal-Bid Ormuzd Bag-Lad Far-Waraz Shar-Wanind Skakh Yamsh-Spal Keraw Aspiy Muzd Zar-Wer Talm-Zen Asbid Zer Yamsh-Lad Sadayol
                Tayag Zanduk Ram-Gul Sasan Yamsh Waraz-Khag Zinduk Yatak Mir-Shabur Bag-Wanind Wyem Burz-Mihr Bag-Re-Mareg Bur Rishtak Waraz-Shabur Tet Piy Torman
                Sisan Samb Waraz-Wyesh Bazanuk Peshtams Zhun-Lad Sag Tut Fruma-Rizm Nane-Band Mus Moyan Gob Frama-Rizm Khulkhan Suren Samsit Biyan-Bid Tak Bet
            }

# Always combined with a first name
            second_names = {
                Kulagan Yastunikan Khwasrawgan Pabugan Yolikan Okhshbadugan Kharagan Burzaduran Mashukan Burkan Wibriyan Nunukan Burnikan Pandukan Yamshan Garbidan
                Sibukan Yolaban Mashan Shaburan Pazburan Aspandagan Abkharagan Zinadasagan Hun-Sekhan Burzmiran Biyanbidan Wyeshwarazan
            }

regnal_first_names = {
                Wind-Ormuzd Khwadew-Lad Waraz-Ormuzd Abdabuk Aspal-Mir Bag-Bandag Bag-Farn Zamod Bab Piduk Ninduk Far-Wesh Nog-Sanind Ralik Muzda-Wanind Yamsh-Bandag
                Pap Yat Basuk Zuwanind Aspal-Bid Ormuzd Bag-Lad Far-Waraz Shar-Wanind Skakh Yamsh-Spal Keraw Aspiy Muzd Zar-Wer Talm-Zen Asbid Zer Yamsh-Lad Sadayol
                Tayag Zanduk Ram-Gul Sasan Yamsh Waraz-Khag Zinduk Yatak Mir-Shabur Bag-Wanind Wyem Burz-Mihr Bag-Re-Mareg Bur Rishtak Waraz-Shabur Tet Piy Torman
                Sisan Samb Waraz-Wyesh Bazanuk Peshtams Zhun-Lad Sag Tut Fruma-Rizm Nane-Band Mus Moyan Gob Frama-Rizm Khulkhan Suren Samsit Biyan-Bid Tak Bet
            }

regnal_second_names = {
                Kulagan Yastunikan Khwasrawgan Pabugan Yolikan Okhshbadugan Kharagan Burzaduran Mashukan Burkan Wibriyan Nunukan Burnikan Pandukan Yamshan Garbidan
                Sibukan Yolaban Mashan Shaburan Pazburan Aspandagan Abkharagan Zinadasagan Hun-Sekhan Burzmiran Biyanbidan Wyeshwarazan
            }
        }
    }
}
I haven't exhausted the two books due to laziness on my part, but there should definitely be enough names there for gameplay purposes.
The ship names are from one of the reptilian namelists.

@Teutonic_Thrash Thanks, that's a good list! I think what I can do for the ship names is basically what I did for my Space Byzantines, just take existing syllables and use an online program to scramble them up to regurgitate new words.

For CKII you could just use female names from another namelist, like the existing Persian one or say my Sogdian namelist, not 100% accurate of course but most people wont notice.

I couldn't help myself and decided to expand the mod's scope to also include some new names for star systems, nebulae, etc.. As such, the next version will also include Added 4000+ star names, 40+ names for black holes, 20+ new asteroid prefixes and postfixes, and 80+ new nebula names. So now you can run your 5000+ star galaxy mods without running out of names!

Here's a few screenshots showing the new names of the nebula and stars in-game (last one also shows examples from namelists inspired by the Bactrian namelist given by @Teutonic_Thrash):

v5slMwg.jpg

AaGvc22.jpg

oBGzyp0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: