[Mod] Cybrxkhan’s Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris - Fantasy, Real-World Inspired, & More!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any chance for a History Nordic and a Skyrim Nordic one as well?

Coincidentally, I just finished a Skyrim Nordic list. :p

Here's some screenshots, first one is a custom-made Empire, second one is a randomly generated AI one:

3jSCNM9.jpg

nieSBOa.jpg

Plans for a Byz namelist? I'm thinking about porting over the Byz names from EU4.

Probably not for the initial release and if not it's my highest priority afterwards regardless

Reactions:
Thanks all for the kind comments. And nice to see some old faces again. I'm not super familiar with the Gundam series. I can do it if 1) you can point me to anywhere online I can get a crapload of names (or if you can provide it yourself), and 2) if the names have some sort of consistency to them that makes sense.

Aight I'll be checking it out and posting some character names on notepad or word. Is there a maximum amount of number of names or is it unlimited? Just want to know the limits.

Aight I'll be checking it out and posting some character names on notepad or word. Is there a maximum amount of number of names or is it unlimited? Just want to know the limits.

Seems to be unlimited so far as I know (though obviously I'm going to guess if you have a trillion names it's gonna crash the engine). Basically, you just need names for leaders, names for planets, names for spaceships, and names for fleets. Generally most of the names I am collecting are for leaders and spaceships, planets you don't need too many but just enough, and fleets I just put in a few unique ones and the rest are randomly generated. Additionally, if you want the names to appear for AI Empires, you need to have a few preset Empire/species names as well.

If you want to see some examples in the code go to "Stellaris\common\name_lists" for the names, and "Stellaris\common\species_names for the prescripted AI Empire names.

Khitan name-list? I mean, there is no way you wouldn't make one, right?:p

Haha I have a Chinese name list and am planning a Mongolian one, both of which would b super close to Khitan.

Also good to see you again!

Reactions:
I'm almost done with the lists that will appear in the first release, I just need to fix the regnal names for the namelists. There will be 16 in total, namely:
  • Asian-American*
  • Bantu (Fantasy)
  • Chinese (Fantasy)
  • Dunmer/Dark Elf (Elder Scrolls)
  • Egyptian (Fantasy)
  • French (Fantasy)
  • German (Fantasy)
  • Inca (Fantasy)
  • Indian (Fantasy)
  • Italian (Fantasy)
  • Japanese (Fantasy)
  • Khajiit (Elder Scrolls)
  • Nord (Elder Scrolls)
  • Roman (Fantasy)
  • Sumerian (Fantasy)
  • Tocharian (Real life)
*Will not appear randomly by default

After these, my next high priorities will include Byzantine/Greek and Persian fantasy namelists, among others.

EDIT: For the VIETerans, here's a screenshot of Space Tocharians

90txAIU.jpg

Valyrian names?

I'm not really into AGOT so not too familiar with it, but if you can provide me a list of names, places, and so on, I may be able to scrounge up sometime in the future.

Last edited:
May I put this in my mod?

May I put this in my mod?

Of course feel free once I release it of course :p

I hope this will be a useful resource for modders

Any ETA on the release? Besides Soon™

Hopefully later today and if not tomorrow. The code is mostly done at this point, I just need to some last minute checking, take some new screenshots, and type up the info for the OP.

INITIAL RELEASE IS UP - DOWNLOAD ON THE STEAM WORKSHOP HERE!

Guess there isn't much else to say. Enjoy! Also see the OP for more info.

Here are screenshots, some of them new - bonus points to anyone who can guess the reference in the last one without googling it.

Species creation - Roman name examples

dfSaUg8.jpg

Leaders screen - Roman names

FX5yCg5.jpg

AI Empire using German names

d5VkKzt.jpg

Chinese Blorg Scientists

GNeefLC.jpg

Randomly created player empire using the Nord (Elder Scrolls) namelist. The leader has a proper regnal name.

iXL13ps.jpg

Species creation - Egyptian name examples

sIlXbIY.jpg

Leaders screen - Japanese names

2q17hbF.jpg

Space Incas

85N2veg.jpg

Space Tocharian Fungoids

90txAIU.jpg

Another AI Empire using the Chinese namelist

zbUW5YD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Wouldn't be real science fiction if every alien race and their space dogs didn't have inexplicably classical names.

Isn't that right, my Romulan and Vulcan friends?

Reactions:
It would be neat if the Space Romans used "Classes X" instead of "X Space Legion".

Does "Classes" mean something in Latin?

Wouldn't be real science fiction if every alien race and their space dogs didn't have inexplicably classical names.

Isn't that right, my Romulan and Vulcan friends?

Yup, that's definitely true. I hope to add in Greek and/or Byzantine-inspired namelists in the future for more classical-sounding names.

Can you upload you mod on this thread please?

Great work! I like the ancient western asian languages, fits good to space empires.
Maybe Urartian or Aramaic? Also a few more humble suggestions^^:

Armenian/Georgian (Fantasy)
Hungarian (Fantasy)
Amharic (Fantasy)
Polynesian/Maori (Fantasy)
Old Norse
Proto Slavic

Tardus Venatus Spatio has been tested and is compadable with Cybrxkhan's Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris.