Just a tiny update... nah, just kidding, I'm not lying above - CANS is well over 4 1/2 years old now and this is definitely the biggest update I've done for it ever. Manual upload in the first post is also available for the two or three or you who still use that.
I fixed a couple Stellaris pet peeves of mine in my personal mod, which gave me some motivation to work on this update, which includes 15 new namelists (compared to 16 in the initial release). Besides that, the update includes a lot of other additions, improvements, and bugfixes. For example, I went through and added new species names so Lithoid and Necroid AI Empires can spawn with CANS’ namelists and, along the way, added in new species names for all phenotypes in many namelists as well - excluding the 15 new namelists, there are *over 2000* brand new potential species names for randomly generated AI Empires.
Lastly, though I fixed several bugs, and of course the mod is stable and tested, given the immense size of this update there may be others out there - let me know in detail if you encounter anything suspicious. It appears a very rare bug where an empire shows up without a name is back, but I haven’t been able to figure out if it’s caused by my mod or something else.
- Added 15 new namelists: Akan (Markov), Angel (Fantasy), Arthropoid 8, Hungarian (Markov), Maya (Markov), Necroid 5, Necroid 6, Necroid 7, Necroid 8, Polish (Markov), Reptilian 11 (Credits to Scudilo), Tagalog (Fantasy), Tagalog 2 (Markov), Wild West (Fantasy), Yeneisian (Markov)
- Added Tagalog, Serbian, Croatian, Xhosa, and Maori names to the CANS names to the CANS namelist
- Added new species names for randomly spawned AI Empires using the vanilla Necroid namelists
- Added 2000+ new species names using CANS’ namelists mainly for Lithoids and Necroids (which didn’t have any previously), but also for all other phenotypes to a lesser extent
- Added a few hundred new star names
- Added several new nebula, asteroid, and black hole names
- Added missing randomly generated species/planet names for Rep 10 namelist
- Removed “The” prefix from all namelists’ randomly generated fleet names for consistency with vanilla (and to make name length smaller)
- Renamed a few of the army names and fleet names for existing namelists
- Somehow fixed the bug with Plantoids not using namelists added in CANS (or maybe that was a vanilla fix)
- Fixed missing army names for Machine Defense, Machine Assault, and Undead armies in CANS namelists
- Miscellaneous bugfixes, some courtesy of LordofLA
(Also, I changed the thread flair/tag from Mini-Mod to Mod, there's way too many namelists now lol.)