• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

UberEpicZach

A CK3: A Game of Thrones Lead
40 Badges
Oct 14, 2018
discord.gg
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
qwerty.png
Hello, I am here to announce Crusader Universalis, a mod that looks to remake the world of Europa Universalis IV in Crusader Kings III.

With all the great things that scripted UI, and modding tools gives us in Crusader Kings III, we wish to recreate this lively world of discovery, giving players the right renaissance feel of 1444.
This mod is being developed by a large portion of the Expanded Mod Family developers from Europa Universalis IV, a group of modders who looked to expanded on basic vanilla systems, gathering as of now a total combined number of over 187,000 subscribers!

Other members of the current team from outside the EM Family include the team lead of 1356 - a Vanilla timeline extension and one of the men behind the fantastic GUI of MEIOU and Taxes. If you wish to contribute, join the discord and Message one of the devs, and they will further bring try to bring you into the fold.! If you wish to leave suggestions instead, join the discord and leave them in #suggestions-for-the-devs!

As we develop more and more, this thread will be continuously updated with updates!

DISCORD LINK

Last edited:
  • 18Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
This sounds awesome. You said the plan is to start at 1444, but are there any plans to be able to start at the CK3 start dates and play into where your mod would start? Kind of like the old CK2 - EU4 converter?

Reactions:
This sounds awesome. You said the plan is to start at 1444, but are there any plans to be able to start at the CK3 start dates and play into where your mod would start? Kind of like the old CK2 - EU4 converter?

It isn't too far out of scope, we plan a 1356 start also, the largest problem is the entire mechanics of the Holy Roman Empire changes in 1356 - but possibly in the future we can try for that!

• 1Like
Reactions:
So is this a mod that extends the timeline to 1820?
The game will end then but I'm not sure if we are planning content that far, as in as far as we know currently context will be planned until the leagues with some flavour afterwards, atleast that will become our main scope.

Reactions:
Sounds awesome

edit: I expect new models will be added like clothes, hair, and armies?

YES, you can! We have some of the in my mind, best modelers and textures via Xangelo working on the mod, and are working on models as we speak!

• 2Love
Reactions:
This sounds amazing! I really want a eu game, with ck mechanics. I like it more to play a person and not a whole kingdom. So i looking forward to this.
Would be genius.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, please. I waited an eternity for something like this back in 2. Imo, one of the greatest advantages of Medieval 2: Total War, compared to Crusader Kings 2, was that it at least teased the early days of the Renaissance with all that implied. Gunpowder units, plate armor, pike formations, the new world... It gave an interesting new spin on the lategame, but CK2 ended exactly where stuff was just about to get interesting.

I like EU IV too, but it doesn't have the same character system, so I always hoped it would be possible to play that era in CK. Of course, it would be neat if CK had EU's level of realm management complexity too.

• 8Like
Reactions:
One major question I have, can we play from the vanilla start date all the way to the planned end date of this mod?

• 2Like
Reactions: