• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

crissiw1401

Recruit
58 Badges
Oct 29, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Federations
I have been working on a total conversion mod and even gotten to the point where it loads the map, titles and characters (the few I've created so far), but as soon as i select a character and press Play the game loads for a few seconds and crashes (the loading bar says "Loading Game"). I just can't figure out why.

It loaded fine before I added the default.map file (accidentally named it default.map.txt before, so it just loaded the vanilla one), the sea provinces were just wasteland and so on but at least it let me play. It also crashed after a few ingame days.

So far I've only added all the map files and a few of the province/province history files with the respective titles and landed titles and a character to test the thing.

01.jpg

The selection screen with the default.map file from the mod.

02.jpg

Ingame with the default.map file from vanilla CK2. The "sea provinces" seem to just be water-covered wastelands.