• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice.
I'm looking foward to this!

Thanks! I have a pool of about five hundred pictures that I'm drawing from, and a bunch of books to boot. There is a wide range of time and a wide range of examples to draw from. The inability to separate portrait_properties files is really kicking my ass, as well. Hopefully the devs will push down the solution they talked about, but I'm not holding my breath for it being any time soon.

Taking a sojourn from my usual portrait work to help Arko in his COA mod. Trying to add a little more spice to the muslim COAs, and get rid of that star/crescent/sword stuff. Here's an example:

OLUTA.png

I only got to the tierced per fess portion of the shields, and I'm an amateur at it. But, rest assured, I gave what I have to Arko so he could work on it.

Tangentially-related: Is there any interest to anyone wanting a copy of the .ai file with the vector emblazons/shi'ar for the shields? I don't know how many of you use vector programs, but I would be willing to let someone use them if they wanted to work on islamic COAs on their own.

CrackdToothGrin, keep pushing Paradox about the portrait_properties issue. The more you mention it and the more developers you make aware of it, the better the chance of them actually doing something about it.

I've had quite a lot of my database changes implemented via patches, but it's taken time and persistence. You just have to keep nudging them. :)

PS: I don't think your graphics are very good but I certainly defend your right to make them.

...okay, sorry. 4-0? ;)

Taking a sojourn from my usual portrait work to help Arko in his COA mod. Trying to add a little more spice to the muslim COAs, and get rid of that star/crescent/sword stuff. Here's an example:

OLUTA.png

I only got to the tierced per fess portion of the shields, and I'm an amateur at it. But, rest assured, I gave what I have to Arko so he could work on it.

Tangentially-related: Is there any interest to anyone wanting a copy of the .ai file with the vector emblazons/shi'ar for the shields? I don't know how many of you use vector programs, but I would be willing to let someone use them if they wanted to work on islamic COAs on their own.
What would be neat would be CoAs for counties (and duchies) in the Middle East and Africa, as a lot of the counties and duchies are simply using 2-color placeholders.

They never respond to my posts, pms, etc. The only person I got a change to talk to was John in his reddit AMA, but that was before I had the issue realized.

And every time I post something, it gets buried in pointless discussion in the general thread about how User A "doesn't like this/that feature" and arguments over stupid shit. That's why I liked the doomdark post right before 1.06. He responded about the issue, but apparently didn't get the opportunity to do something with it. Or, if he did, it went undocumented. Were I to have the time to really test it, I would. But, for right now, I can't do it because I am working right around 100 hours a week (and this is the off-season)... Ugh.

I'll try again when the opportunity arises.

PS: I don't think your graphics are very good but I certainly defend your right to make them.

...okay, sorry. 4-0?

Yes, that's 4-0, turdnugget.

What would be neat would be CoAs for counties (and duchies) in the Middle East and Africa, as a lot of the counties and duchies are simply using 2-color placeholders.

And that's what that picture is for. Those are meticulously-researched COA patterns for muslims based on all the available Islamic research I could find. I passed the torch to Arko so that way he could incorporate it into his stuff. I just don't have the time, but hopefully he will be able to make something of them.

Yes, that's 4-0, turdnugget.
:D

If I may make a suggestion, start a new post in the bug report forum explaining exactly what it is you want adding/changing and why. It's for bugs of course, but I've made general improvement suggestions there too, and details on missing characters.

It's definitely worth a shot, and if you make it a specific topic it's far more likely to be seen by the developers.

I already did, once, sadly. I shall post another. It's highly limiting. The fact that vanilla properties give only one ducal slot for headgear is crap. It's nice to have variety, so that you can play people who likely will never be an emperor, they have a widened range of headgear. The steppe peoples, for instance, almost never went hatless (Even though I did go through all the trouble of making their scalps shaved!).

Myself: And that's what that picture is for. Those are meticulously-researched COA patterns for muslims based on all the available Islamic research I could find. I passed the torch to Arko so that way he could incorporate it into his stuff. I just don't have the time, but hopefully he will be able to make something of them.

You meant for the county COAs.... Shit. I have a bunch of those too.

You meant for the county COAs.... Shit. I have a bunch of those too.

County CoA will be needed too hehe. and also real dynastic CoA for great families if you have some^^
But the biggest task in first place is those random Coa as they are massively used^^

And that's what that picture is for. Those are meticulously-researched COA patterns for muslims based on all the available Islamic research I could find. I passed the torch to Arko so that way he could incorporate it into his stuff. I just don't have the time, but hopefully he will be able to make something of them.

I mean the dejure titles, rather than the randomly generated CoAs.

County CoA will be needed too hehe. and also real dynastic CoA for great families if you have some^^
But the biggest task in first place is those random Coa as they are massively used^^

I'll try and get a few more of them together so that you can use them, along with better guidelines for use.

I mean the dejure titles, rather than the randomly generated CoAs.

Off the top of my head, I have them for the Pechenegs, Cumans, Volga Bulgars, etc. (In fact, most dynasties of Central Asia), the Almoravids, Almohads, Nasirid Grenadines, Tlemcen, Libyan rulers, Tunisian rulers, Some egyptians, many Turkish (post-tamga) ones too. I'll try to pool them. Last I checked, I had over 1000 source images for reference and about forty books.

Off the top of my head, I have them for the Pechenegs, Cumans, Volga Bulgars, etc. (In fact, most dynasties of Central Asia), the Almoravids, Almohads, Nasirid Grenadines, Tlemcen, Libyan rulers, Tunisian rulers, Some egyptians, many Turkish (post-tamga) ones too. I'll try to pool them. Last I checked, I had over 1000 source images for reference and about forty books.
That would be awesome.
Better yet, it'd be compatible with virtually every mod out there :)

That would be awesome.
Better yet, it'd be compatible with virtually every mod out there :)

Well, I should probably get those over to Arko sometime, then.

In either case, progress shot fro the Seljuks!

cI7MZ.png

Wow, those look VERY different to the whole turban getup we have in vanilla. Very nice.

Wow, those look VERY different to the whole turban getup we have in vanilla. Very nice.

I'm going off of historical reconstructions, Persian miniature paintings, and other period art. The Turks didn't really start wearing turbans for a while. The rank-and-fodder would have, somewhat, and so would the non-Turk people they conquered, hired, or co-opted. The rest of the time, they wore those fancy fur-rimmed boerks and other weird headgear for the nobility, and the lower classes wore the stuff they had gotten used to on the central asian steppes: fur-rimmed caps of varying types.

In all honesty, I'll have to break the Turks into two groups: One for the Seljukid style, and a later one for the Anatolian 13th-14th century (the Ottoman style), along with province change events.

Okay. Just finished the male set. Now I'm trying to get the females done. Should be pretty easy to poach from the other sets and get something good.

In either case, here's the completed set (sans hair and moustaches).

pGUva.png

That guy in green in the middle is by far my favorite, though virtually all the others look great too, except perhaps the bald guy and the guy to the right of him; their eyes seem a bit 'off'.