• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice update to the Avars! On another note, some of the Christian hairstyles for the Hungarians appear to be misaligned a little bit on the tops of their heads, if I go into the custom ruler creator, and sometimes in the game if they wear no hat or helmet, too. I think it mostly affects men and their hair, but I've spotted some hairstyles in which women are affected by that, too. They have these little bald spots, almost like tonsure haircuts, at the tops of their heads. In the version I am currently using, it goes for both the Hungarians and the Avars.
Thanks for reporting, will take a look!

Thanks for reporting, will take a look!

Another culture worth checking out would be the Goths of Crimea. In the game, they usually wear hats like most characters, but in Ruler Designer mode, you could see how the small spots of baldness affect their women, although it would be a good idea to check the men's hair, as well. I think the Greek hairstyles are not properly fitted for them. Beyond them, I cannot think of another ethnicity that stands out as having that problem, except for the Irish men having a problem with that one buzz cut, very short looking hairstyle, looking like there is a tiny bald spot like a monk's tonsure at top, although it is very slight. Thank you for fixing the Hungarian portrait problems!

This does not relate to baldness problems at the top of normal (not intended to be bald or balding haircuts) haircuts, but I am wondering if you may consider making the French women's noses slightly longer, and their mouths slightly shorter? Their noses and mouths strike me as often disproportionate, leaving too much of a gap between the bottom of the nose and the top of the mouth.

Last edited:
Hey, is it possible to tie the haircut and facial hair choices available for a character, to its culture? I personally find odd when this happens:
OoLTuaH

https://imgur.com/a/4uuKhX8
script>

I mean, why do people that think of themselves as greeks would use culturally foreign fashion choices? Those are the most extreme examples in my opinion which are also specially common in the roman empire due its proximity with nomad pechenegs, turks and other nomadic people.

I think its's a new vanilla addition, and represents if your character is friends/rival/lover to said characters, depending on the color (blue/red/pink).
I completely agree and tried to get it it working some time ago. I didn't really make much progress but here's the post with some suggestions from an other user: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-hair-and-beard-dependant-on-culture.1036485/

Will the mod be updated for 3.3.0?
Yes, 3.3.0-compatible version of the mod will be shipped with the next HIP release. You will need to wait for a week or two for the usual CPRplus facial tone treatment, though, due to sifsilver's RL schedule.

Yes, 3.3.0-compatible version of the mod will be shipped with the next HIP release. You will need to wait for a week or two for the usual CPRplus facial tone treatment, though, due to sifsilver's RL schedule.

What are your thoughts on the new Egyptian portraits released by Paradox? Personally, I like that they made them, but I think the skin tones for a lot of the women's faces are somewhat off on the cheeks, and below the face, as in neck and below could look disproportionately lighter skinned than above. The Egyptians also seem to have only a black hair color for men, and only a grey-black color for women, and it's strange about the grey on young women. I think the Egyptians, given the CPR+ treatments would look very good, but do you prefer the portraits we have now in the mod to what was created by Paradox? One interesting detail to note about the new Paradox Egyptians is that these portraits are only for Egyptian culture, and are not included for the Coptics, who still use Greek faces.

I think the skin tones for a lot of the women's faces are somewhat off on the cheeks, and below the face, as in neck and below could look disproportionately lighter skinned than above.
I noticed this too, and I'm sure sifsilver will get around to fixing them!

The Egyptians also seem to have only a black hair color for men, and only a grey-black color for women, and it's strange about the grey on young women.
I also saw this happen to my game once, and then somehow the issue got solved when I transferred the portrait definition file to my copy of CPRplus and ran the game... Not sure what exactly is happening there.

I think the Egyptians, given the CPR+ treatments would look very good, but do you prefer the portraits we have now in the mod to what was created by Paradox?
Both sifsilver and I'd like to keep the CPRplus Egyptian face assets in some form, but we haven't decided what to do with them yet.

One interesting detail to note about the new Paradox Egyptians is that these portraits are only for Egyptian culture, and are not included for the Coptics, who still use Greek faces.
Oddly enough, if you take a look at vanilla gfx folder you can see unused Coptic portrait assets like the child icons and a single rogue headgear asset file (backside of the female headgear). Not sure what Paradox's plan was with the Coptic portraits, but it would have been great to get them for free :)

Next CPRplus release will make use of the Coptic child icons at least.

I kind of like both the paradox egyptians and the mod ones. I'm looking forward to what you decide on.
Yes, we are thinking about how to recycle the old Egyptian face assets.

Two questions:
  • Is this mod compatible with Tianxia? Or a way to make it so.
  • I remember a couple of updates ago the Suryaye portraits were slightly different from the ones we have now, which have been made a little more similar to the mashriqi ones. Does anyone have pictures of them in this old form? Is there a way to bring them back or use those specifically? I considered them to be the best looking portraits in-game.

So the HIP launcher tells me that I am missing African Portraits but I do have it purchased. This is the only one the launcher says I'm missing and it's stopping the CPRplus to be enabled on the Launcher. Can anyone help with this?
Thank you.

So the HIP launcher tells me that I am missing African Portraits but I do have it purchased. This is the only one the launcher says I'm missing and it's stopping the CPRplus to be enabled on the Launcher. Can anyone help with this?
Thank you.
You'll have to redownload the dlc. Sometimes you ended up with corrupted or unupdated files.

Hey, I love this mod, CK2 is absolutely unplayable without it to me. I’ve been messing around with the files and trying my hand at portrait modding for some custom personal edits, but I’ve encountered a problem whilst searching for your amazing high martial headgear sets. I thought I would find them under gfx/characters/shared in Special Helmets, but alas it was not there. Unfortunately, I could not find it anywhere. Could someone helpfully point me towards their direction, please?

On another note, which software do you use to edit DDS files? I use the GIMP extension to work with vanilla CK2, but GIMP seemingly refuses to open CPR DDS files, claiming that there was a problem with the DDS header. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Re-reporting an old bug.
bth23u2.jpg
The Saint background thing only happens when Iberian characters change from standard to war headgear and only for a few days (usually). It's an old issue, but I'm not sure if it's unfixable or just an oversight.

Last edited:
Hey, I love this mod, CK2 is absolutely unplayable without it to me. I’ve been messing around with the files and trying my hand at portrait modding for some custom personal edits, but I’ve encountered a problem whilst searching for your amazing high martial headgear sets. I thought I would find them under gfx/characters/shared in Special Helmets, but alas it was not there. Unfortunately, I could not find it anywhere. Could someone helpfully point me towards their direction, please?
The special armors can be found in HIP folder (or CPRplus folder)\GFX\characters\shared\imprisoned.dds.

On another note, which software do you use to edit DDS files? I use the GIMP extension to work with vanilla CK2, but GIMP seemingly refuses to open CPR DDS files, claiming that there was a problem with the DDS header. Is there a way to fix this?
The artist (sifsilver) uses Photoshop, and I myself use Paint.NET for simple fixes.

The Saint background thing only happens when Iberian characters change from standard to war headgear and only for a few days (usually). It's an old issue, but I'm not sure if it's unfixable or just an oversight.
Now that's a strange bug. There's no Iberian culture-related triggers for portrait backgrounds (barring x 1.5 chance for the Andalusian Arabic culture for the "Alhambra" background), so something else is at work. Your lead sounds awfully specific for a bug like this, though. Do you have any other leads? Have you seen Iberian characters with portrait background that seems equally out of place (e.g. desert, African village)?

Now that's a strange bug. There's no Iberian culture-related triggers for portrait backgrounds (barring x 1.5 chance for the Andalusian Arabic culture for the "Alhambra" background), so something else is at work. Your lead sounds awfully specific for a bug like this, though. Do you have any other leads? Have you seen Iberian characters with portrait background that seems equally out of place (e.g. desert, African village)?

It's a weird one indeed. Nope, I haven't seen anything else tbh, only the Saint's background. But I'm 100% sure that I made a similar report before a few months (last time I played with Iberians). I'm puzzled, but I'll continue my Iberian game and keep you posted ;)