• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great, but just a sidenote: I would not recommend using the word "race". I know that in American English it seems to be fully tolerated, but for others it is quiet offending.

Otherwise, everything looks great except for Lunatic in my opinion.

Just so you know, American English is just simplified English

f9lhu9.jpg

Reactions:
If I only installed this mod, would I still be able to play Ironman with achievements?
Probably not, because the mod still modifies cultures. See if checksum changes after activating only CPRplus.

Great work! I wish to see tiered military head gears someday.

I know I know, you guys really want this. Here's the problem. People have enough issues running CPRplus as is. It requires a lot out of slower computers. So much so that their portraits start to artifact. I have an extremely high end computer, and I've ran into an issue here and there myself. Adding tiered helmets will triple/quadruple the amount of headgear PER RACE. How many military headgears do you guys see on the frontpage? Now double that, and double it again. Nevermind the time it will take to do that, it will severely limit the audience that CPRplus is trying to reach.

Reactions:
In addition to the performance issue (I try to keep the portrait code, which is yet another performance hit, as simplistic as possible within reason, too), my take on tiered-military gear is that our development time is better spent on things that we have yet to improve or revisit. Besides, I'm not exactly sold on "armor with a crown" as a historically accurate depiction. There would surely have been differences in design sophistication between royal armor and baron armor due simply to differences in wealth, and I don't think that simply inscribing a crown design was all the difference there was.

Reactions:
Thank you for the explanations, I didn't realize what a performance hog that could be and drop my request. (Poor compy barely keeps up as it is. :()

my take on tiered-military gear is that our development time is better spent on things that we have yet to improve or revisit.

I just want to let folks know that development, especially new content will be severely slowed down these next few months. Both me and Ese have new RL duties. We will continue to work on bug/artifact fixing as they are made aware to us.

Reactions:
What happened to the "revert to vanilla Western faces" that was in the previous HIP patch ? It's no longer in the 10-4-2015 HIP update. I like CPR, just prefer vanilla Western faces for Urzahailian culture. :p

What happened to the "revert to vanilla Western faces" that was in the previous HIP patch ? It's no longer in the 10-4-2015 HIP update. I like CPR, just prefer vanilla Western faces for Urzahailian culture. :p
The option is still there and it installs just fine, I just checked it. You sure you said "no" to the prompt that immediately follows the prompt for CPRplus?

Whew. You're right Ese.

Love the work you guys have done with CPR - the Mediterranean, Slavic and Norse portraits look much better now among other things.

Probably the best HIP update to date.

Not all Italian cultures use the same faces, but the Italian portraits nails it! I think Genoese still uses default western. And the Iberian portrait happen to look realistic since they fit Iberian features!

Perhaps the Southern Balkan Slavs could use the new Italian portraits and maybe even the Occitan! Maybe someday the Slavic females could look more like qts!

I can't wait to add additional customizations and immersion by getting the Sicilians and Southern Italians to use the Greek Byzantine portraits and changing the making the western steppe faces to look a little bit more Caucasian/Byzantine

I also agree with the idea that East Africans can use a portrait set of their own, more slimmer and almost a little bit more Southern Indian

Last edited:
Not all Italian cultures use the same faces, but the Italian portraits nails it! I think Genoese still uses default western. And the Iberian portrait happen to look realistic since they fit Iberian features!
Genoese uses the Occitan portrait set, which has a tanner skin than the Western character (if you installed CPRplus's Western faces, that is). The portrait set uses Iberian beards and hairs, so it's somewhat different from the Western portrait set in that respect. I'm thinking about giving the Occitans French headgear to make them to look a bit more different, though.

As for why the Genoese have the Occitan portrait set, I have no idea. It's been like that in CPR for as long as I know.

I can't wait to add additional customizations and immersion by getting the Sicilians and Southern Italians to use the Greek Byzantine portraits and changing the making the western steppe faces to look a little bit more Caucasian/Byzantine
Uh, is this your way of asking for FAQ update? :p Ones you mentioned are simple enough, I should add those in soon...

But you do know that CPRplus has its own Sicilian/Southern Italian portrait set, right?

I also agree with the idea that East Africans can use a portrait set of their own, more slimmer and almost a little bit more Southern Indian
East Africa is indeed on our to-do list! ;)

Reactions: