• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I DID IT!! I DID IT!!! I ELIMINATED THIS STUPID BUG!!!

I'll release 0.1.1w database version soon (probably tomorrow). It will be the last one in this thread.

From then, I'm going to start new thread where I'll be working on version 0.2.0.

For now, I have already got 2 votes for option B. Please keep voting.

Great job with the revitilisation, it may even give me cause to start playing CK2 again! With regards to the front page, I will keep the "Download" section updated until you re-release with a new thread, but due to lazy, if you want me to update the "taken counties" list, send me a PM with a new version I can c/p onto the front page. Good luck in your conquests crusaders!

Last edited:
It was actually Dan's rule targeting those traits, but he wasn't cautious for later updates and put some characters with those traits into the file. I'm rather more aware of what people posts here, and I was keeping this rule, no matter how I wish to give ambitious to my own character :p

What's important, Ambitious trait gives AI boost, and in some mods is the only way to declare wars. Stats boost isn't much problem, as you can lose this trait (unlike the congenital traits) through events.

But I was already thinking of changing some of Dan's rules. So I may consider enabling it. You can leave it, just put "#" before the line, so the game won't see it for now, and if I decide to change this rule, I will just make it active to your char, disabling the last trait you have. How about that?

That is okay with me. And congrats to fixing the bug. I really enjoyed this back when it worked and I am glad to see it working again. I'll def use the flavorful titles with this mod! To get my kingdom of Pergamon

County -

Provence

1066.1.1={
holder=1000028226
}

Dynasty -

1000008620 = {
name="d'Arles"
culture = norman
}

Characters -

1000028226 = {
name="Izaak"
dynasty=1000008620
dna=cfcadpgafch
martial=6
diplomacy=7
intrigue=3
stewardship=8
learning=10
religion="catholic"
culture="norman"
add_trait="scholarly_theologian"
add_trait="charitable"
add_trait="zealous"
1050.4.10 = {
birth="1050.4.10"
}
}
1121.12.10 = {
death="1121.12.24"
}
}

County -

Trent

1066.1.1={
holder=1000028227
}

Dynasty -

1000008621 = {
name="Debiasi"
culture = italian
}

Characters -

1000028227 = {
name="Gianluca"
dynasty=1000008621
dna="bglegzicfaq"
graphical_culture="german"
martial=10
diplomacy=7
intrigue=4
stewardship=7
learning=6
religion="catholic"
culture="italian"
add_trait="charismatic_negotiator"
add_trait="ambitious"
add_trait="honest"
add_trait="patient"
1047.9.14 = {
birth="1047.9.14"
}
1121.12.10 = {
death="1141.10.7"
}
}

New version is up!

Download here -> View attachment CSE 0.1.1w.zip

- - - - - - - - - -

Okay, this is technically the end of this thread.

In couple of days I'm going to make new thread with 0.2.0 version.

Submission closed until then.

Stay tuned!

Hmm, it seems my charachter is still brown from the mediterranean facepack, even with the "graphical_culture="german"", is something wrong on the code or does the game not accept graphical_culture command on the character setup file?

Hmm, it seems my charachter is still brown from the mediterranean facepack, even with the "graphical_culture="german"", is something wrong on the code or does the game not accept graphical_culture command on the character setup file?

Yeah, I've seen it. It might be that "graphical_culture" works only with saves. I had similar problem once with matrilinear marriage (game stopped accepting one method after next patch).

Sparticulous said:
I cannot wait until the 867 version is out!

I know, I can't wait to make it too :p
I always preferred earlier start in CSE. I've had made myself a 666 start date version, yet before I started working on it with Dan. It was basing on editing earliest possible start date in defines.txt. But I haven't had an occasion to play this mod since then, and I also never updated it...

Problem was such method haven't been letting to play with some mods without editing them too. So now I'm happy Paradox gave us ToG with awesome system and accurate province history to play in! :)