• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From my experience, it seems like this is still needed. There's been bugs in 3.3 that are fixed in this mod. Whether or not 3.3 fixed some of the things in here, well, I don't really see mirroring text in the patch notes.

However, this may have very high conflicts with other mods.. so if you're a heavy mod user, you'll probably need to extract your mods and check for conflicts.. unless there's a tool that does this automatically that I don't know of!

Really, I'm quite baffled by developers who don't incorporate fixes the community has done into their game with hotfixes. It's extremely easy, as the actual developers, to diff check and know if anything will mess up something somewhere else. The community saw the bugs, fixed them and pushed out a mod which can just be an update to core files. Why does it take weeks, months, or even years, for fixes to come through? If they even do at all? (looking at you, Bethesda games)

From my experience, it seems like this is still needed. There's been bugs in 3.3 that are fixed in this mod. Whether or not 3.3 fixed some of the things in here, well, I don't really see mirroring text in the patch notes.

However, this may have very high conflicts with other mods.. so if you're a heavy mod user, you'll probably need to extract your mods and check for conflicts.. unless there's a tool that does this automatically that I don't know of!

Really, I'm quite baffled by developers who don't incorporate fixes the community has done into their game with hotfixes. It's extremely easy, as the actual developers, to diff check and know if anything will mess up something somewhere else. The community saw the bugs, fixed them and pushed out a mod which can just be an update to core files. Why does it take weeks, months, or even years, for fixes to come through? If they even do at all? (looking at you, Bethesda games)
I don't really know who I should write to. I can try random developers, but IDK.
I just hoped someone will see it and realise it need to be incorporated.

I used KDiff3 to combine mods. You just have to know which parts of which mods to keep when merging them into one big mod.

It seems this mod is incompatible with a lot of mods. When I ran the Paradoxos Mod Manager it says this mod is in conflict with the Animism Fix 1.1, Crown Authority Return, Historical Events Pack, Improved Genetics 2.0, Trade++, Terminus of the Silk Road, Introduce Heir to Realm, and Trade Improve mods.

Does this Community Patch mod include the Animism fix and the Introduce Heir fix?

It seems this mod is incompatible with a lot of mods. When I ran the Paradoxos Mod Manager it says this mod is in conflict with the Animism Fix 1.1, Crown Authority Return, Historical Events Pack, Improved Genetics 2.0, Trade++, Terminus of the Silk Road, Introduce Heir to Realm, and Trade Improve mods.

Does this Community Patch mod include the Animism fix and the Introduce Heir fix?

I'm pretty sure it includes the introduce heir fix.

If you're interested, my merged mod contains both the Animism and Improved Genetics 2.0 mod.

@LaTueur

Is that a complete changelog, or just the 3.3x version? Is there a full changelog somewhere?

And which are the 'missing' duchies in Norway?

@LaTueur

Is that a complete changelog, or just the 3.3x version? Is there a full changelog somewhere?

And which are the 'missing' duchies in Norway?
Those are the complete changelogs of mine. The duchies are d_oppland and d_agder

Feel free to incorporate this fix for theocrats getting their temples usurped when they change religion.
Thanks, I will do that.

IF i remember correctly they are not de jure part of Norway.
I'm pretty sure they are, and checking landed_titles confirms this. I'm just curious what the mod curator is actually trying to 'fix' here.

If you want a duchy with no de jure liege then you want to fix Amalfi pre-936.

I'm pretty sure they are, and checking landed_titles confirms this. I'm just curious what the mod curator is actually trying to 'fix' here....

Correction: they are not part of the Region of Norway. Only Europe and Northern Europe.
The Github shows that as well (geographical_region.txt). A truly minor issue i'd think.

Correction: they are not part of the Region of Norway. Only Europe and Northern Europe.
The Github shows that as well (geographical_region.txt). A truly minor issue i'd think.
Ah okay, gotcha - I'd already fixed that one a while ago, but thanks for confirming. I was just curious what he meant by that because I'd never noticed missing duchies in Norway.

Portugal is missing its new duchies too btw.

Is this still compatible/recommended to use with CK2 3.3.3? Does it work when trying to complete Monarch's Journey content?

I don't know about compatibility but you won't get credit towards Monarch's Journey using most mods.