• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If El Tyranos stops posting it's because Paradox have hired him and made him sign an NDA. I remember this with the guy who did unit models for HoI4 then just disappeared - turns out they hired him to do the DLC units. :p

Only slim people will get into the XIVth Century

I hope to be able to fix that soon :(

Will you make transitional armor before Churburg?

Not now but this is top 1 for a next western europe war clothing, this set took me 2 weeks and 50-60 hours of work. I'm going to go back to my initial roadmap plan for a while !

This is amazing work! It's incredible and I admire your attention to detail and historical accuracy.

Since you can link clothing to traits, is it possible to create a trait that then forces only a small selection of headwear to be used? I am making a Mandalorian religion and I want a trait that makes the character wear a helmet that covers the face at all times.

Thanks ! You definitely can do this yes. Join the CK3 mod coop discord if you need help.

If El Tyranos stops posting it's because Paradox have hired him and made him sign an NDA. I remember this with the guy who did unit models for HoI4 then just disappeared - turns out they hired him to do the DLC units. :p

I don't plan to disapear tho. I'll send a pigeon if they put me in jail.

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Not now but this is top 1 for a next western europe war clothing, this set took me 2 weeks and 50-60 hours of work. I'm going to go back to my initial roadmap plan for a while !

Please take your time and consider it as long term goal, I wanted to share some pictures of frescoes from Verona(that feature this type of armor and other interesting equipements from the 1350's) but can't transfer pictures :(

Here are two among best examples of these pre-Churburg equipements. The first is 100 times better conserved(or restored) than the veronese frescoes I pictured, anyway. You can find plenty others from graves on internet, probably.

I will be happy with only the Churburg in all cases :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39,8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214,8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
So do we have era-locked clothing now? Or is it more complicated than that?

Early full plate helmets (topf, sugar loaf and flat top) will unlock once you reach high middle age, if you allowed them via game rule.
Full plate armour and bascinet will unlock once you unlock "plate armour" late middle age innovation.

That's it for now in term of "era-locks".

• 2Like
Reactions:
Early full plate helmets (topf, sugar loaf and flat top) will unlock once you reach high middle age, if you allowed them via game rule.
Full plate armour and bascinet will unlock once you unlock "plate armour" late middle age innovation.

That's it for now in term of "era-locks".
Right, so we can in theory era-lock everything based on tech level. When will we get that? :p

Really? I had no idea xD

Even if they hire him, what will he do? Cardinal hats and era-dependant bishop mitres for the eventual Re-Conclave DLC?

And speaking of mitres...

Mitre_evolution.gif

The first two are not really 11th Century, they're older, but by the year 1000 bishops are generally shown in illuminations as wearing the woolen double-bulb mitre, which would evolve into the bicorne mitre by 1150, and then into the low mitre we know today by 1200.

Reconstruction of 1050 bishop and clergymen:

monk-bishop-and-priest-from-the-11th-century-CN738T.jpg

circa 1220:

22be68e3765bf617609ad8a5e86fee4d.jpg

As for the papal tiara:

Slowly, because it's still a PITA to code it this way.

Got it xD

Last edited:
Reactions:
v2.31 is out!
It brings a lot of optimizations, quality of life and tools for other mods to use for more compatibility in the future

Code:
~ Added: "cfp_is_loaded" trigger. Other mods can now ask for CFP to be ON (or OFF) for their own code to execute (or not).
~ Added: internal setup for Artifacts mods compatibility. Other mods can now catch triggers to use CFP assets in their own mod. Currently compatible with "Way of Kings Artifacts module" by Tobbzn. CFP must be before in load order.

~ Changed: all triggers are now prefixed with "cfp_"  so code is easier to read.
~ Changed: eyeglasses won't be available to characters before 1286 (ROSEN Edward, "The Invention of Eyeglasses", 1956).

~ Fixed: "is_male = yes" was checked twice in plate armor legwear and headwear modifiers.
~ Fixed: duplicated nightgown in children barbershop.
~ Fixed: equipping nightgown won't make you naked anymore once you quit the barbershop.
~ Fixed: bascinet's mail is less likely to collide with characters chins.
~ Fixed: incorect normal map for plate armour legwear.
~ Fixed: plate armour legwear is now compatible with dwarf, fat and one-legged characters (upper armour are still clipping due to 3D exporter bug).
~ Fixed: sugarloaf mail coif clipped with the helmet when character had a large forehead.

~ Improved: more detailed brigandine armour texture.
~ Improved: cleaned-up headgears code from redundant triggers.
~ Improved: more code comments to explain what's going on.

~ Removed: "norse_common" headgear group as it was 1:1 duplicate of "northern_common".
~ Removed: Norse clothing groups as they were 1:1 duplicates of northern ones.

WOK Artifact : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2338100388
Preview :

• 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@El Tyranos

To what extent do you use specific cultures and religions as triggers in this mod? I've added several in the mod I'd like to try this alongside, so I'm wondering whether I'd need to manually update anything.

That aside, I assume it's broadly compatible with gameplay/history mods. I haven't changed anything relating to what characters wear.

Reactions:
To what extent do you use specific cultures and religions as triggers in this mod? I've added several in the mod I'd like to try this alongside, so I'm wondering whether I'd need to manually update anything.

That aside, I assume it's broadly compatible with gameplay/history mods. I haven't changed anything relating to what characters wear.

Triggers are not going to cause any incompatibility as long as they don't have the same name.

Regarding general compatibility, your question made me write this, I hope it will help you.

Reactions:
That's much appreciated, thank you!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Glorious.

Just one small qualm: the Cross of Santiago wouldn't have this shape until the XVIth Century. This is the shape is had in the beginning of their existence, as you can see, just a red sword:

Tumbo_Menor.jpg

Then the sword becomes stylised sword (sometimes shown as a simple cross, although I think that can be attributed to a mistake on the part of the arist) with seashells, St James symbol of pilgrimage (1290s)

cantigas_de_santa_maria-205-3-large1.jpg

ordenescantigas3.jpg

They're shown besides the Knights of Calatrava, who are also shown wearing black fleury crosses in the Castle of Alcañiz (in the Modern Era the cross would become red, but that's a later development).

And this is the late 15th Century:

sc0003ad92.jpg

There's also this graph, but the chronology is wrong (they basically say 100 years more than it should be in every image after the first one):
maxresdefault.jpg

I made what I think is an acceptable middle ground (with sew lines, from my old Mount and Blade mod)

Pxsx71E.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
You're an effing beast at this art malarkey. Great job, T.

Reactions: