• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

El Tyranos

3D bot
139 Badges
Jul 7, 2012
communityflavorpack.com
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • 500k Club
community_flavur_pack_logo.png

Steam Workshop
Paradox Mods

Community Flavor Pack aims to add a lot of historical portrait accessories for your characters, filling the many cultural lacks of vanilla CKIII. Dress up for war or court as you would be between 867 and 1453, impress your friends and subjects.

PXiSGJa.png

OYyMrDr.png
roadmap.png

0rJM1EO.png

• Nothing but variety and visual consistency with vanilla CK3
  • Historically accurate and documented (867-1453)
  • Seamless integration : no gameplay change
  • Expanded Barbershop
  • Customize further your visual experience via game rules
  • AI compatible
  • Translated in all languages
ironman.png

aENP1u8.png

kOVqHuc.jpg
« Honestly, it's difficult to tell this is even a mod. »

I4khnpl.jpg
« You might have constructed a mighty realm, but have you done it in style? »
eFj612I.png
« The new features fit seamlessly into the game without disturbing the immersion. »
Or723yP.png
« For lovers of changing clothes and greater realism. »
mhlgBKn.png
« Drawn from historical sources to retain CK3’s aesthetic. »

community_award.png

DGv48VY.png

O5zCAq0.png

Attachments

• AZs5ftN.png
    AZs5ftN.png
    563 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 27Like
  • 21Love
Reactions:
shield.png

Since I quite succeeded in importing a helmet (I still have a weighting issue over certain characters to fix it seems), here is the next asset I want to have in. I hope to make this shield work as a cape, which would allow to expand the concept to other shields like kiteshield or whatever.
Idea is to make a raw low poly model, give it a placeholder texture and import it before doing the actual final model, just to check if it can work properly.

NB: Chainmal is vanilla Nordic war clothing.

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Is the aim going to be to have the clothing dynamically change with the years - nasal helmets replace goggle helms in the 900s, for example.

• 2Love
Reactions:
IDK if you're looking for suggestions, but one thing I would absolutely love is a Robin-hood style hood for the cloak slot, like the guys in the center and on the right have.

There's already one for the head slot, but something with the hood down that you can wear in addition to a crown or helmet would be sweet.

Attachments

• bannerlord_best_troops_3.jpg
    bannerlord_best_troops_3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
Is the aim going to be to have the clothing dynamically change with the years - nasal helmets replace goggle helms in the 900s, for example.

First I want to understand properly how the 3d engine works in term of portrait, then I'll have a look at the code side of things. Of course that would be a must have that you don't meet characters with a bascinet in 1066.

IDK if you're looking for suggestions, but one thing I would absolutely love is a Robin-hood style hood for the cloak slot, like the guys in the center and on the right have.

There's already one for the head slot, but something with the hood down that you can wear in addition to a crown or helmet would be sweet.

I'm fine with suggestions. I just can't promise to fulfil them all ! :D

Bannerlord is good and all, but it's definitely an anachronism stew.

First I want to understand properly how the 3d engine works in term of portrait, then I'll have a look at the code side of things. Of course that would be a must have that you don't meet characters with a bascinet in 1066.

Fair enough, it seems that the portraits are much more flexible than CK2 ever was.

Reactions:
Always love to see more flavour to the game. I assume that Vikings are your current priorities at the moment. Which cultures are you planning to add flavour to next?

Oooh this is going to be a good mod - well done! :)

Reactions:
This is just the sort of mod I was hoping for. The cultures and eras just don't feel diverse enough visually (understandably given the massive scope of the game) and I've been looking forward to seeing what the modding community can bring to the table. I appreciate how difficult and time consuming creating quality 3d models can be so major kudos to anybody who contributes.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Always love to see more flavour to the game. I assume that Vikings are your current priorities at the moment. Which cultures are you planning to add flavour to next?

I will release a western helms update in coming days.

This is just the sort of mod I was hoping for. The cultures and eras just don't feel diverse enough visually

Unfortunately it's still a bit limited by the fact the cultures are grouped together. For example vikings, normans, saxons, celts or britons are all part of the "northern" cultural group and they will all use the viking assets.
Yet I guess PDX will make this sharper over time when they release their own DLCs.

Thank you everyone for the kind words :eek:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Unfortunately it's still a bit limited by the fact the cultures are grouped together. For example vikings, normans, saxons, celts or britons are all part of the "northern" cultural group and they will all use the viking assets.
Yet I guess PDX will make this sharper over time when they release their own DLCs.

It should be entirely possible to create new cultural clothing groups so that items will only apply to the correct cultures. I'm happy to look into this for you when I have free time.

New version available
~ Added: Footmen Nasal helmet.
~ Added: Noble Nasal helmet.
~ Added: Opened bascinet helmet.
~ Added: Sugarloaf helm.
~ Added: Topf helm.
~ Added: flat top helm.
~ Added: flat top kettle hat.
~ Added: riveted kettle hat.
~ Added: pointy kettle hat.
~ Added: new helmets assigned to Western Crusaders and Western culture.
~ Fixed: hair collision with helmets.
~ Fixed: more helmets distortions.
promo4.jpg
promo1.jpg
promo2.jpg

promo5.jpg
promo3.jpg

• 4Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Any help is welcome thank you ! Please reach me via CK3 discord or PM.

I've managed to do it! I've made a new clothing group just for the Norse and it works in game. I'll send you some detailed instructions when I am free again.

With regards to the new helmets they look great except for the fact that there is no neck protection such as a mail coif underneath them, it's especially jarring with the full helms.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I've managed to do it! I've made a new clothing group just for the Norse and it works in game. I'll send you some detailed instructions when I am free again.

With regards to the new helmets they look great except for the fact that there is no neck protection such as a mail coif underneath them, it's especially jarring with the full helms.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, it seems like the mail coif should be in every helm.

Reactions:
Would it be possible for you to upload this to the Paradox Mods page? I'm using the windows store edition of the game, but I use the workshop to keep track of updates and I found your mod on there, and I love what it does, but I obviously can't use it as is.

Is it Ironman compatible? (Since it's only graphical)