• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Morinn

Private
10 Badges
Aug 13, 2013
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
-----------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN FIND THE LATEST VERSION HERE:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...I-Font-Mod&p=18225248&viewfull=1#post18225248

Courtesy of Aardvark Bellay.

Remember: If you want to repost this mod in any other site or forum don't forget to give credit where credit is due, not just to me but for anybody taking the time and effort in tweaking and updating the mod just for the enjoyment of others. Thank you.

Very simple mod, increases the size of all the game's fonts, including tooltips. I'm using this on a 24" monitor 1920x1080 native resolution and finally I can play the game without bleeding my eyes out!

Before:
n3rucm.jpg

After:
20p9ns.png

Installation instructions:
Download the file and extract all contents into the mod folder: C:\Users\username\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod or wherever you have your documents folder.

Credit:
Credit goes to Imperator07 for the idea and his EUIV: bigger tooltip font mod wich inspired me to create this mod. Also to Aardvark Bellay for keeping this mod updated.

UPDATE1:Version for 2.3.2 (should be back compatible) Host changed to Mega.co.nz.
Update2: reuploaded the reupload :blush:

"Full":

CKII UI Font Mod (for 2.3.2) (Tooltip Verdana16)

CKII_UI_Font_Mod18 (for 2.3.2) (incl. bigger Tooltip Verdana18)

"Only tooltips" (16,18 and 22 all in one zip):

Tooltip Fonts (for patch 2.2 + 2.3x)

*compatible with 2.3.3

Last edited:
Bloody hell why is this not in the "List of Mods" ? Just found it by searching for another older thread.
This is excellent. Quick and easy, especially for small screens i suppose.

Would you mind me posting it there ? Or better you post with compatibility and a link there yourself.
Either way, everyone should know of this. Might mod it a bit for my own use, but brilliant to ease my pain. :)

Thanks

Thanks guys! Glad to hear this is useful to others too.

Aardvark Bellay said:
Would you mind me posting it there ? Or better you post with compatibility and a link there yourself.
Posted! :happy:

corpara said:
However, I could not get the Tooltip Only mods to work. It always crashes to the desktop. Thanks.
It's fixed now.

You have no idea how much this noob loves this...I had almost given up playing this game because I can't read the print unless the monitor is so cloce my breath fogs it up......saved by you...thanks again

Again, fantastic job. I used it all the time since and it works perfect.
Thanks a lot.

Stangely, this mod isn't working for me. I do want the instructions say, but nothing changes.
Have you any suggestions? Thank you.

Unzip the mod into the 'mod' folder in 'documents' as mentioned above.
Then you should find a 'CKII_UI_Font_Mod' folder inside the 'mod' folder along a file with the same name, but as a *.mod file.

You unzipper probably created a new folder above the already existing files.

Unzip the mod into the 'mod' folder in 'documents' as mentioned above.
Then you should find a 'CKII_UI_Font_Mod' folder inside the 'mod' folder along a file with the same name, but as a *.mod file.

You unzipper probably created a new folder above the already existing files.

There is no mod folder in "C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II"
However, there is on in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II"
Unzipping the given files into each of those mod folders (I also tried to create a new mod folder in the first one) does not install the mod for me.

Nevermind, I got it. You have to activate the mods via the launcher... -.- my fault

Any mods should be in the 'Documents' CK2 folder. Could cause problems otherwise.
As i see you created one, it seems it all worked out fine then. :)
Sorry, didn't think you wouldn't know about the launcher. :rolleyes:

So i checked and only found two differences from the mod as it was in 1.11 and vanilla 2.1 that are simply not updated yet, but not necessary either.

This
Code:
cursor = { x=4 y=3 }
in line 182 in the "eventwindow.gui".

and this
Code:
Y = { 255 189 0 }
in line 477 in the "fonts.txt".

Neverheless, it's still perfectly compatible.