• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

richvh

Preserver of the Light
62 Badges
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
Description
This is a proof of concept mod in which achievements are recorded in the chronicle. As such, the Charlemagne DLC is required to have access to the chronicle. It is not, and can not be, compatible with Steam achievements, as any changes to files that change the checksum disable those. It does not, and can not, preserve a record between different game starts. It is compatible with multiplayer, but the first player who gets an achievement will be the only one to have that achievement recorded in his chronicle, with a couple of exceptions where the achievement does not depend on the player's actions. In its current form, it awards all vanilla achievements except for those which require play to the end date, as there is no reliable way to trigger an event on the last day of the last year. It records the achievements in the chronicle, and sends notification events to the player on each achievement gained. In multiplayer, it also sends the notification event to every other player, who can choose to respond with cheers or jeers, or dismiss the event without response.

Compatibility
This mod changes only events/achievements.txt, which is only used to set the flags for registering achievements, and as such is compatible with any mod that does not alter any of the province IDs or empire titles that the file references, or omit any of the cultures or religion_groups referenced.

Screenshots
chronicle1.png

chronicle2.png

Download
Chronicled Achievements v1.2a

Chronicled Achievements on Steam Workshop

Permissions
This mod may be incorporated into any mod as long as acknowledgement is given.

Changelog
v1.0 Initial release
v1.1 Many more achievements, notification events for all achievements, interaction with other players in multiplayer
v1.1a Minor bug fixes, first non-vanilla achievement added.
v1.2 Conclave release. Conclave achievements added, date stamps added, publication on Steam.
v1.2a Added a couple of missing on_action events needed to trigger achievements.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The update I am working on adds notification events, which will also be seen by your opponents in multi-player, and adds support for additional vanilla events whose success conditions are easy to test in event triggers.

Looks great! Gonna try it

Version 1.1 released. See updated first post for details.

Version 1.1a released. Fixed a couple of bugs, added the first non-Vanilla achievement (Cheaper By The Dozen, have 12 children.)

I notice not many have downloaded this; any comments/suggestions for achievements/questions?

Version 1.1a released. Fixed a couple of bugs, added the first non-Vanilla achievement (Cheaper By The Dozen, have 12 children.)

I notice not many have downloaded this; any comments/suggestions for achievements/questions?

I like the idea very much. Mods should define their own achievements using this as a basis !

Reactions:
Just to give you feedback, looks great and I agree with Romulien, but I would like to have an event or something for when one achieves the achievement, for greater visibility.

There is an event announcement for each achievement, as of version 1.1 (previous version).

@loup99 : Just added a screenshot of the achievement announcement event.

Last edited:
Reactions:
There is an event announcement an achievement, as of version 1.1 (previous version.

@loup99 : Just added a screenshot of the achievement announcement event.
Oh, OK sorry for missing that, I had only seen the first version after you posted it in the User Modifications thread.

New version, with date stamps on the chronicle entries, and Conclave achievements added.

Attachments

• Chronicled Achievements 1.2.7z
    2 MB · Views: 13
Reactions:
New version (found a couple missing on_action events that are needed to trigger some achievements)

Attachments

• Chronicled Achievements 1.2a.7z
    2 MB · Views: 52
I like this a lot and am going to try to update it for a multiplayer game that I have going. Do you think it would still work properly if the global flags were replaced with dynasty flags, such that instead of competing with other players to be the first to secure an achievement, you could compete to see whose dynasty could accrue the most achievements?

I haven't played around with dynasty flags, but it should.

You're welcome to post your own version, I do not at this point have any plans to get back into CK2 modding.

You're welcome to post your own version, I do not at this point have any plans to get back into CK2 modding.
Understandable. For now, I'm planning on just rolling it into a friends-only mod, but thanks for your blessing. And if I do post a public version, of course I'll give you the credit.