• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Released a balance update for Rome, including some map changes and general bugfixes.

Players have been able to beat up Rome easily with countries like Macedonia and Carthage, so Rome has now been greatly buffed, as they were pretty weak at release. Rome now has more pops in urban centers in Italia and has roughly double in levy size. Even so, I still see AI fare pretty well against Rome despite its increased army sizes.

Is there a manual download link ?
Sorry, I completely missed this! I'll put together a manual download and link it here when I am done.

EDIT: Here's the manual download link:
https://github.com/retconcrisis/carthagodelendaest

For anyone not familiar with Github, click on the green "Code," then Download as a ZIP.
In the zip file, add the folder called "carthagodelendaest_2.0" as well as the .mod file called "carthagodelendaest_2.0.mod" into your Imperator Rome mod folder.
Then, go to the .MOD files ("carthagodelendaest_2.0.mod" and "descriptor.mod") and change the path in the .mod file to the path for your own mod folder in your computer.

Last edited:
Pontus & Carthage Missions + First Servile War
Hello everyone! The mod has received another update, which is out now.

Mission trees for Pontus and Carthage have been added.

Pontus' mission tree is focused on becoming the protector of the Black Sea Greeks, just as Mithridates V and Mithridates VI wanted. The tasks are also based on Mithridates VI's early conquests. Players will also be able to release Colchis as a client kingdom in the mission tree.
I am also planning on creating another mission tree for Pontus focused on the conquest of Anatolia and the removal of Roman influence in Greece.

21bz0ZJKcBYxH5zH65IFiNrTpigTWkKUh19pICtl56QhXZ7gLzJilfn_-_iojxFMlS0bOcyGfDNLRGEig8tZED6J_BEMnmVji5uPJoyXNQmRcT3mS5d20Uwl2A58qpHE66VQXvFdF1whNf09Q3n0Hzk

XUVmd6BK1Yc0NB6AM-0GNNjxUn2_VhOttGjdQsJUGnarvPYys_a6u0y3IOmKyC-xQ34lp-uIbX0n9p5CNmtS60fQ9gXHHF7FE_f6Xw5-uj5S_oJlqAcXCBg0nh4S-8r6zjSNJDCIJAI_rJR_PgdVXZ4

Carthage's mission tree is focused on reestablishing themselves as the dominant power in Africa. This is primarily focused on defeating the Numidians and retaking former Carthaginian territories. Carthage can also dismantle the Numidian monarchy established by their rival King Masinissa, splitting the kingdom into two lesser kingdoms that look closer to vanilla Imperator Rome.

Once again, keep in mind that Rome will always intervene in Carthage's first offensive war.

WsuYw1nLE-TuPXkaZfNh0NZIm94ErkJjLER6nKnfNvWtBNJscqboXnuSxGE-DCe7Md27oD5j0T8bYf0E3wy4xKizATl7c58vcUm6E4VCmW_nRMLVijodfcDEjO-F9xpLy5AbQMUMQuJCUAaNxvpAQDw

R3KUtePFkNkG9Vh1u9gQ_Uwaq0Y0FXAm-IJIpPFQ_U9Yvv0EN6iCFNCWEth_D9JeIG8eFD-71JAYxslxucJdPRFEQFCGl2n12zhe3UheGnLD6MbRoWETByYOnBaedZ9327Ots7TftPkkCMhPqVgl3Oc

XrSw12-oOhZEOr4arSH7caIAZ6FzA61QKn1u59OMVVUY0eOd4byK_8zoCdgBc1Qi1T-dVi28i_3WvYCgFSF7gn8_8MtZSVIJW5IfnVae0_qoxjvod8cffteVjfCIQ5cXLSGSVPc4FoEsgK4QWUWcjfE

Lc35XhxsfBJyQDA9wjef7fZNFetLIL0jH3VcrS6mP8y8ky_6rBxrs8F8rgbYHVF5dt8QruCH_TxmePm1fphpp7K5aZ9Uj4m6z_5t2GBCOpUmrRjyTd4XqYuz9I12UwCJYUK8I1iUIev9lMiS9TYcf14

Some other flavor events have also been added.

The most notable of these is the First Servile War, an event that can trigger for Rome if it has any unhappy slaves in Sicily during the 130s BC (which makes this crisis pretty much inevitable).

The Syrian slave Eunus has a vision that he is destined to become the king of the city of Enna after he leads a successful slave revolt against Rome. Thus, he puts this plan into action, triggering the first large-scale slave revolt that Rome would face in its centuries-long history. It is not long before slaves and freemen from across the island, including the especially talented slave general Cleon, are inspired by Eunus and join his uprising. Eunus declares himself the king of Enna, historically amassing as many as 70,000 to 200,000 slaves and freemen in open revolt against the Roman Republic.

Though made up of entirely light infantry, the slave rebels have high morale and are a formidable force, much more than an inconvenience for the Romans, just as they had been historically. Thus, Rome will likely have to shift its attention almost entirely on the rebellion if it wants to quickly win the war.

PW4zrpEAGc9WgvUASkp6T2_RoeIYiGmFs0uiAc8ARMLY1pjv1TeTcpxf0B4bjOQyokH3zmH65CX4YGe7PpR0UId-09x-oortagvtErWMW9ORQ4R0u25JAMWOdDuFNVV5TxX1OTcQAI4atwgSLNuyZtc

LoE3YvRspGPSCMtNeCdHQlrfRscqthSzK4S77ZLWs7fe60fwnKfMwdq2-bYqv9gcDqfPt_rblyUl1sS85PE1jBhbQDfRF2qqmADszZSz4Nbk-FV7T9O8iY60xqn9HLtYerFrLMDYdnTlUINSlJ3bDHk

vd1108sFHlRpsybKG32ZSyebMl7bNWCbpPYYj_yvpyIoAuFgZ4VIjDLdZaN0YgTFmFuh1075loi04ujqWTcOEYLqLTc1hmq88g0MU_UjNxCLUqOxDMA5Bhh8o0L645vdRdxfHWKfXtr0R8F4vo62mX4

Also, just for fun, here's something I found while testing out this event, Julius Caesar's grandfather defeated by the slave rebels of Enna:

GCcNhLupNlyPET4j_EVaytyl9qi1uZHX071YLqnBAn0t3-FCrxroauJXPuUXG8zf9S-d8lP6AjMP9TBvmgRqVJBgpYwntT6XqWI6WNXPON97vlrOKeuayVxDoIOVrlaCb69j1ffvwZjUvPUaI0tRq3Y

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
2024 Updates and Numidian Flavor
It has been almost two years since the last update to Carthago Delenda Est, and I will finally continue updating the mod after having been busy working on other modding things.

While I hope to have new mission trees ready for the next update, it will most likely be first and foremost a flavor update to make the timeline post-150 BC a bit more alive, with things I've wanted to add for a while but never found the time to get around to adding them.

First off is a map color change in Italia, as the Roman Socii will now all be the same shade of red as the Romans, to make things a bit more aesthetically pleasing, (since the socii can still be seen individually in the diplomatic map mode anyways).

1711233607253.jpeg

A big focus of the next update will be on flavor related to historical events in north Africa and several other regions, most notable flavor in Carthage and Numidia. This will include new events, decisions, and characters, which include appearing characters later on in the timeline.

Additionally, several events will trigger assisting the desperate Carthaginians in their wars against Rome and Numidia, based on the Third Punic War and the Numidian War.

1711232447041.png
1711232461014.jpeg
1711232482546.jpeg

1711232868899.jpeg

One character that will gain greater prominence in the next build of Carthago Delenda Est will be a Numidian prince by the name of Jugurtha.

Illegitimate son of Mastanabal, the third son of the great King Masinissa, Jugurtha will have little opportunity to gain the throne of Numidia legitimately. However, there will be an opportunity for Jugurtha to steal the throne from his cousins as he did so historically, and several events will also model the relations the Numidians and Jugurtha had with the Roman Republic.

1711232693274.png

1711232726050.png

This is all for now; this post was mainly just to inform anyone who may be interested that updates will be coming to the mod after a long hiatus. I hope to cover Jugurtha's Civil War and war with the Romans in further detail next time. Thank you very much to everyone who has tried out and played the mod!

For now, you can play the mod through the Steam Workshop here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2827580531

Attachments

• 1711232705727.jpeg
    1711232705727.jpeg
    542,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1711232717977.png
    1711232717977.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
  • 4Like
Reactions: