• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Snowlet

Developer of I:R's Bronze Age Reborn
48 Badges
Jul 31, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II
Continuation of the Bronze Age for Imperator 2.0 - now maintained by Snowlet - V2.1.1
You can find the mod here: Bronze Age 2.0
You can find Svanley's continued work for Bronze Age CK3 here.
All credit for the original mod to the original creators here.
I'm not a part of the Bronze Age: Maryannu dev team. Bronze Age 2.0 is split from the original mod, I do have formal permission.

Major Mod Features:
- A massively detailed map centered on the Near East which at present holds 7000 provinces!
- Expanded technology system with new civilization advancements
- Reworked Buildings
- Expanded trade goods
- Drought mechanic
- Custom units
- Custom decisions
- Custom missions
- Reworked government tiers
- Scripted Mesopotamian revolt (to win take some land from the other side and you get the scripted peace deal)
- 2 custom mission trees (1 for Waset and 1 for any Nomarch who wants to form a new dynasty)
- A lot of tweaks

Introduction
The year is 2115 BCE and the nascent civilizations of the Near East are in turmoil.

In Mesopotamia it was a mere eighty years ago that the barbarous Gutians overran the first Mesopotamian Empire, The Empire of Akkad. But now one by one the great cities along the Euphrat and Tigris have declared their independence and are determined to lay Gutium to waste.

In Egypt the great and prosperous Old Kingdom, who built the Great Pyramid of Khufu, have collapsed and the land has fallen into ruin and turmoil and anarchy once more reigns over the land and the small kingdoms that soon arose struggle for hegemony over all of Egypt in order to found a new glorious dynasty.

In Anatolia there has been a large influx of the Indo-European Luwians that have now come to inhabit most of the western half of the land but the native peoples still rule the eastern half with the great Hattians still reigning over Central Anatolia.

Greece has also seen an influx of another Indo-European peoples, the people that will become known as the Hellenes. The old and established Aegean Civilizations still hold most of the land and the maritime peoples wont easily let go of their many island strongholds.

In Central Asia several societies prosper from the vast trade networks transporting Tin westward connecting far-away lands. In the northern steppe there is word of a new technology; a fast, manouverable chariot that will lead its warlike creators south away from the steppe to the river valleys of the civilized world.

Along the Indus Valley a mighty civilization sprawling with cities still prosper on the banks of the Indus. But the harvest lessens every season and there are fears that the Gods themselves have cursed the land.

The world stands at a crossroads and civilization seems to be at stake.

Discord:
The Bronze Age 2.0 Discord can be found here.
- https://discord.gg/tGcbGFxysx
If you want the Discord for the Bronze Age CK3 mod, do not go to their dev team if you have any issues. They are a completely seperate team!
- https://discord.gg/FVnRwWY

Credits for the revival:
Svanley for creating the original Bronze Age mod and giving me permission to continue updating the mod for Imperator:Rome.
The Imperator Mod Coop for helping me fix a lot of bugs and teaching me how to mod better.
Sobisonator for helping me fix a lot of stuff.
Agamidae for helping me fix a lot of stuff including the UI.
Blood Royal for helping to figure out what was crashing.
Emperor Penguin for helping me fix the map.
Pureon for helping fix the meshes.

Original credits:
Sloth for lots of 2D art including the amazing new flatmap (the image you see when zoomed out) but also building icons and lots of work on the new UI aesthetics!
The community for commissioning a new Akkadian unit from Owlcoholic!
MikeW for lots of amazing new icons such as the new building icons!
Fedor for a unique Waset mission, Form Dynasty mission and several new formables!
Oneven/lascupa for lots of amazing and brand new flags!
Skotos of Sinope for his work on enriching the Aegean part of the map through a Military Tradition redesign, unique decision for Kadmeia to form Thebes, Hellenic and Aegean deities, holy sites and treasures and much more!
Benjin for his amazing Aegean unit model commissioned by Skotos and I.
Xangelo7 for the Egyptian unit and Egyptian, Aegean and Akkadian portraits. Also commissioned Nemes headdress for Egyptians made by Benjin!
Ludwig LoreKhan for Minoan Formable
LittlePage for all his Luwian formables
Lord von Fleck for answering lots and lots of questions on Ancient Egypt
JR Dolan for a crazy amount of historically accurate names
Anoldretiredelephant for the Egyptian culture top bar for windows
MattTheLegoman for the new Cedar trees
Nopani for lots and lots of formables and heritages in the Aegean world
MobJay for his Byblos flag
Tay13 for several heritages and the new awesome loading screen quotes!

Last edited:
  • 22Love
  • 10Like
Reactions:
tenor.gif

• 3Haha
Reactions:
I've done it, i've updated the Bronze Age mod for 2.0.
It can be found on the steam workshop now.

Note: i'm seperate from the Bronze Age dev team but I did have permission. So don't go asking them questions since they aren't developing for I:R anymore.

If anyone wants to ask any questions or report bugs you can do that here and i'll try and answer.

You deserve a medal, Snowlet. Singlehandedly bringing back my favorite IR mod.

• 1Like
Reactions:
V2.1 "Bugfixing update" is out
-Nerfed the barbarian apocalypse (No more barbarian stacks as large as 80k descending from the Persian mountains)
-Replaced ahistorical tribe in Libya (Thanks to the Discord for helping)
-Added better GFX for cultures
-Fixed disastrous bug that produced millions of errors and reasonably could have caused any pc to crash
-Fixed the genes (thanks to Pureon)
-Stopped overpopulation of Mercenaries
-Replaced OP modifiers
-Made the Flood Plain heritage actually appear
-Fixed military ideas not being unlocked
-Placeholder military traditions for cultures (I'll add custom ones later, this just stops everyong having roman traditions)
-Added better tooltips to formables
-Fixed several terrain glitches
-Added way to get tier 4 governments
-Added some missing LOC
-Changed drought modifier to symbolise near-civilization collapse
-Slowly started reducing starting civilization values (For now just Greece)
-Fixed plenty more bugs (thanks to everyone who reported them)

• 7Like
Reactions:
-Nerfed the barbarian apocalypse (No more barbarian stacks as large as 80k descending from the Persian mountains)

That's a shame. There was something strangely humbling about facing certain demise :p

I have a couple things to report from my first game with the 2.0 version. I haven't played since your update on 2021-04-08 so I don't know if these things have been fixed. I played Troy.

Bugs:

There is still reference to Bureaucracy I/II/III Civilization Technology in the National Ideas tooltip. (I assume this is a reference to the old tech system. I started playing after 2.0.)

Some of the flags have the blueish overlay bug

Comments:

Zooming in even a little bit makes province names show up, so for small nations (most nations at the start) there's a very narrow window between which you can actually see the country name. I could turn province names off but I like them. They just show up when the camera is a mile away.

I had 5 diplo slots, which I felt was a lot for a 2-province kingdom in Anatolia.

You fixed military traditions but I found it quite a good meme that Trojans had Roman traditions.

I'll share my reach goals in increasing order of reachiness:

It would be nice if more naval units got renamings to period-appropriate seacraft.

A reskin of techs would add a lot of flavor.

Mission trees and unique events are so great that Paradox sells them. Troy could use some. :)

I think the Pyramids of Giza should show up as a wonder. I also don't know if the AI has ever built a wonder. Is the AI updated to work with wonders?

I know nobody responsible for the map actually built it, but would it be impossible to add:
-Scythians
-Hittites
-Indus Valley

This plays really well. I enjoy this mod a lot more than I should have. I'd participate if I could be helpful.​

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a couple things to report from my first game with the 2.0 version. I haven't played since your update on 2021-04-08 so I don't know if these things have been fixed. I played Troy.

Bugs:

There is still reference to Bureaucracy I/II/III Civilization Technology in the National Ideas tooltip. (I assume this is a reference to the old tech system. I started playing after 2.0.)

Some of the flags have the blueish overlay bug

Comments:

Zooming in even a little bit makes province names show up, so for small nations (most nations at the start) there's a very narrow window between which you can actually see the country name. I could turn province names off but I like them. They just show up when the camera is a mile away.

I had 5 diplo slots, which I felt was a lot for a 2-province kingdom in Anatolia.

You fixed military traditions but I found it quite a good meme that Trojans had Roman traditions.

I'll share my reach goals in increasing order of reachiness:

It would be nice if more naval units got renamings to period-appropriate seacraft.

A reskin of techs would add a lot of flavor.

Mission trees and unique events are so great that Paradox sells them. Troy could use some. :)

I think the Pyramids of Giza should show up as a wonder. I also don't know if the AI has ever built a wonder. Is the AI updated to work with wonders?

I know nobody responsible for the map actually built it, but would it be impossible to add:
-Scythians
-Hittites
-Indus Valley

This plays really well. I enjoy this mod a lot more than I should have. I'd participate if I could be helpful.​
For the bugs:
I removed the tech references in the current update but the next update is going to readd the old civilization advancements.
Can you provide an example of the flag bug?

For the comments:
I kinda like the mapmodes and have never had your specific problem, so i'm not going to change it, sorry.

You're right, I should probably nerf diplo slots.

Military traditions are placeholders as I've just finished the unit rework with custom units.

I've renamed some naval units in the beta but there aren't many historical names.

Reskinning techs is hard as there isn't much info about the time periods unfortunately.

I'll make some more mission trees but the Troy that's currently on the map is not the same Troy as the one of legends.
As for the flavor events i've got 2 people writing some for me.

I added Giza at start in the beta and yes the AI builds wonders, the problem is the Wonders don't show up on the map until I can fix the locators.

Expanding the map would take a lot of time and effort, i'd rather improve what's there already.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Played as Mehen Nesut, or that tenth dynasty country anyway. I made my starting ally into a client state because I could not annex all their land after war. They still keep permanent -200 rival dynasty opinion though. Funny how local power subject can be considered "rival" to their major power overlord. It will take some stacking of opinion invention modifiers to integrate them later.

Men Nefer client state blocks expansion to the North, so my only available starting mission to conquer the region was delayed, not having a governor of specific family for a province of my subject in the delta.

Only Levantine kingdom traditions seem available. But I want to catch all the pokemon traditions. Between lack of traditions to unlock and upper egyptians being sufficiently numerous in my land to crush all opposition, integrating other cultures seems pointless.

Sadly, mod is incompatible with two inventions per tech level.

There are two unihabited oases in the western desert, which border barbarian strongholds. I cannot figure out how to colonize them so I can stop the barbarians. Granted, they are an annoyance at worst, lacking power to besiege even tiniest forts.

There are some colonizable territories with barbarian strength, though they have no modifier to increase that power.

Played as Mehen Nesut, or that tenth dynasty country anyway. I made my starting ally into a client state because I could not annex all their land after war. They still keep permanent -200 rival dynasty opinion though. Funny how local power subject can be considered "rival" to their major power overlord. It will take some stacking of opinion invention modifiers to integrate them later.

Men Nefer client state blocks expansion to the North, so my only available starting mission to conquer the region was delayed, not having a governor of specific family for a province of my subject in the delta.

Only Levantine kingdom traditions seem available. But I want to catch all the pokemon traditions. Between lack of traditions to unlock and upper egyptians being sufficiently numerous in my land to crush all opposition, integrating other cultures seems pointless.

Sadly, mod is incompatible with two inventions per tech level.

There are two unihabited oases in the western desert, which border barbarian strongholds. I cannot figure out how to colonize them so I can stop the barbarians. Granted, they are an annoyance at worst, lacking power to besiege even tiniest forts.

There are some colonizable territories with barbarian strength, though they have no modifier to increase that power.
All rival dynasties hate each other, you shouldn't puppet them...

I'm fairly sure that client state was meant to slow down expansion but I could be wrong.

Military traditions will be completely reworked eventually, for now each nation gets placeholders. Yeah, BA has large monotonous culture areas so you don't really need to integrate others but I'm not sure how to fix that yet.

Yes mods like that will unfortunately be incompatible as BA is a total conversion mod and thus almost no mod works well with it.

I'll eventually get to it so you can colonize those oasises.

With the new colonial system in the beta, barbarian power in colonizable territories won't be a problem anymore.

With version 2.1 now out there have been a lot of changes. Make sure to see the feature list. Also the mod can now be found on the paradox store.
Major Mod Features:
- A massively detailed map centered on the Near East which at present holds 7000 provinces!
- Expanded technology system with new civilization advancements
- Reworked Buildings
- Expanded trade goods
- Drought mechanic
- Custom units
- Custom decisions
- Custom missions
- Reworked government tiers
- A lot of tweaks
- Scripted Mesopotamian revolt (to win take some land from the other side and you get the scripted peace deal)
- 2 custom mission trees (1 for Waset and 1 for any Nomarch who wants to form a new dynasty)

Formable nations:
-Akkadia
-Alyssia
-Argolis
-Arkadia
-Assyria
-Attika
-Euboia
-Karkisa
-Kemet
-Kriti
-Lakonia
-Lukka
-Lydia
-Megaris
-Mittani
-Peloponnesos
-Phoenicia
-Phyrigia
-Rhodes
-Seha
-Tarhuntassa
-Thebes
-Wilusa
-[secret] play as Thera and find out

• 4Love
Reactions:
I like this mod:

The scale makes cities more real.

Manpower is a scarce resource (good).

I do not know about food, it may be in the future.

The most important is culture and religion, your provinces that are not integrated culture and do not have your religion are impossible to turn around with harsh treatment. I like this very much.

In the succession campaign we are playing I have expanded as I am hard-coded for that, but now I have to build temples and theaters on the majoritarian Aegean provinces. I am going south-east asap, I am not touching the Aegean kingdoms, except for slaves raids :p PS: we are playing as Troy.

1622387299767.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: