• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Current version is 2.1.3 and I've done a ton of balance changes since last time:
- You can now only build 1 of each territory building in a territory (works similar to cities now)
- You now need 25 pops per building
- Raised unrest in unhappy provinces
- Different cultures are now harder to convert
- Mismatched deities no longer decrease conversion
- Great battles now trigger with 3000 men
- Lowered AE decay for extremely large empires
- Lowered levy size for extremely large empires (to simulate bureaucratic inefficiency)
- Raised wages for larger empires
- Raised stability cost for larger empires
- Cities now only provide 1 trade good automatically (metropolises only provide 2 now instead of 3)
- Lowered building slots and popcapacity from Cities and Metropolises
- Nerfed harbours to 2 trade goods per state (from 4)
- Nerfed ziggurats to 2 assimilation/conversion speed (from 3)
- Slightly nerfed fisheries
- Nerfed trade building to only provide 1 trade route along with a higher cost
- Lowered commerce income from various sources
- Lowered assault ability by 40% for everyone
- Assaulting takes more dmg now
- Slaves become unhappy now if you treat them poorly (for some reason they didn't care before)
- Slightly nerfed Anabasis
- You can no longer get palaces from random events
- Buffed Gutium again
- Made slave revolts more common
- Increased size of tribal hordes
- Nerfed some OP government ideas
- Fixed a bug with Egyptian missions
- New heritage effects for Uruk/Ur
- Fixed the Development of x missions again
- Fixed Akkadian Empire decision not requiring owning Akkad
- Fixed conversion to tier 4 government because you were too advanced in Bureaucracy so you were stuck with tier 3
- Fixed a lot of broken GFX
- Reduced mod file size
- Fixed broken commerce modifier
- Removed more legacy code
- Most buildings now grant civilization value
- Added yearly event that makes AI colonize areas
- Palaces cost a lot more
- Fixed Aquaducts
- Slightly nerfed Scribe Schools
- Gave Garrisons a boost
- Nerf to pop happiness for non primary/integrated culture pops, same for different religion pops
- Fixed single provinces having -50 food capacity
- Decreased AE decay heavily the larger you get, if you do a large conquest you will now need appeasing stance to deal with AE
- Added a slight reduction to province loyalty per nation rank to simulate the troubles of imperial administrations
- Fixed Fisheries not counting as farms
- Fixed missions requiring farms be built in cities
- Nerfed fruits by 60%
- Fixed desecrating holy sites giving Stability due to deleted epicurean tech
- Made secret decision appear slightly quicker
- Removed trade goods not on the map from the game
- You now only need 3.85x the fort level to siege to allow sieges after taken 1 attrition hit with minimum levy
- Made sure the naval attrition workaround is always activated and not dependent on player idea choices
- Fixed many bugs with the Infrastructure mission, you should now be able to complete it all the time (no need to avoid taking it anymore)
- Removed unnecessary old monument code
- Fixed Iron being used in some events, replaced with copper
- Fruits are now food
- Actually fixed the Trading Colony this time and added a tooltip
- Stopped ai from building City Infrastructure when it can build other stuff
- Heavily nerfed City Infrastructure so you should only build it when there's open building slots and nothing else to build
- Buildings now take 20 pops
- Fixed generic missions requiring Iron before it was invented
- Slightly nerfed large empires
- Fixed a bunch of scripts related to trade goods so no events/missions should break any more
- Harbors are now Harbours as British English is superior to American English (No need to thank me Lambert)
- Removed the militant religion tech as it's broken
- Fixed crash related to trading colonies
- Fixed looping debug event

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Is this version compatible with saves from older versions?

What is the current checksum to know if I have got the correct build/version?

The list of changes in the steam workshop for today's update is shorter. Can you clarify the following:

- You now need 25 pops per building

- Buildings now take 20 pops

The last changes are repeated:

Last edited:
Is this version compatible with saves from older versions?

The list of changes in the steam workshop for today's update is shorter. Can you clarify the following:
It should be save compatible, but you might need to do some nation gardening.
As for the changelog being smaller there is because this is a compilation of all the hotfixes which I only put on Steam changelogs. So you will find all these changes, just spread out across several patches.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I thought you guys moved to CK3, which has a better UI and other technologies, but its not the proper system for Bronze Age history.

Thanks you comeback, I will try it soon. Want to test my knowledge on that age.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I thought you guys moved to CK3, which has a better UI and other technologies, but its not the proper system for Bronze Age history.

Thanks you comeback, I will try it soon. Want to test my knowledge on that age.
The Original team moved on to CK3. I picked up development again with permission from Svanley.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Bronze Age 2.2 Culture update
Long have you waited for this, a total rework of the cultures in Bronze Age Reborn.
The mod can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2448788091
Our Discord can be found here: https://discord.gg/tGcbGFxysx
The 2.2 update has reworked every single culture on the map (besides Anatolia).
Tons of new visual graphics have been added to buildings on the map, units and more.
There's also a brand new Babylon mission tree.
I could write long explanations of each and every change but I think screenshots will say more than I ever could:
Greece/Minoa: (The yellow are the Pelasgians, all groups north of that Proto-Hellenic groups)
1635613137300.png
North Africa:
1635613166200.png

The Delta and the Sinai-peninsula: (Light Green are Lower-Kemetics, Dark-Green Upper-Kemetics)
1635613249100.png

Middle-Egypt and the Oasises:
1635613305400.png

Upper-Egypt and Nubia:
1635613357800.png

Canaan: (Notice Phoenicians are split between Canaanite and Nuragitic, here you see the Canaanites, both can form phoenicia, from Acre to Meroe)
1635613389300.png

Syria/Cyprus: (Nurgatics, the Purple coloured ones, can form Phoenicia too)
1635613422400.png

Greater Kurdistan: (Notice subtle colour differences and the nation that holds the gates to the underworld in Kur)
1635613481400.png

Assyria/Akkad: (Nobody likes the Gutians for they destroyed Akkad)
1635613518100.png

Mesopotamia:
1635613547300.png

Persia:
1635613569000.png

Arabia: (There is only a single Arab state in the game on the edge with Oman)
1635613620700.png

Every culture is a culture group, heavily researched by Omegacorps who I wish to thank heavily.
He had to research a lot for this, so special thanks to him.

Patch notes:
- Completely reworked nearly all cultures on the map splitting them up
- Added tons of new GFX (unit models, city models, etc) to every culture group
- Added GFX for new terrain types
- Added mission tree for Babylonians
- Reworked Akkadian and Assyrian formable
- Rebalanced happiness relating to cultures
- Improved AI based upon Glavius's work
- Rebalanced heritages + added new ones (Thera and its formable, Thebes..)
- Increased global Tin production by 4
- Changed which nation get which Military tradition (they're still vanilla placeholders)
- Tweaked seizing holdings to have a loyalty cap of 30
- Fixed more minor bugs than worth counting or writing down

(You happy with your cultures now, Lambert)

Last edited:
  • 15Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Love the new additions, but I have a problem that it's keep crashing after several years. I made some changes to your mod and deleted a lot of the ownership on territories so there's a lot of colonisable land

Love the new additions, but I have a problem that it's keep crashing after several years. I made some changes to your mod and deleted a lot of the ownership on territories so there's a lot of colonisable land
If you've made changes, they're likely to be the cause of the crash, you can't just delete ownership and have it work fully in Imperator.

If you've made changes, they're likely to be the cause of the crash, you can't just delete ownership and have it work fully in Imperator.
I had a question regarding the unit models for Assyrians and Akkadians, are they suppose to be the same? Or shouldn’t the Akkadians be using the same unit models as Gutium?

I had a question regarding the unit models for Assyrians and Akkadians, are they suppose to be the same? Or shouldn’t the Akkadians be using the same unit models as Gutium?
Assyrians and Akkadians are more alike than Akkadians and Gutians. So yeah it's intended

There's also a brand new Babylon mission tree.

The last mission in this tree is kind of annoying since it force changes you to the Akkadian empire which has a really ugly flag. I'd much rather stay as Babylon. Also by the time you can complete the mission you already could enact the regular decision to form the Akkadian empire so it feels weird to throw that into the mission as well.

V2.5 patch notes (vast majority of content was made by Stephan):
Content:
- Rescaled the map to vanilla Dimensions allowing for Roads to once again be visible
- Added Lapis, Brick, Limestone, Obsidian, Myrrh, Incense and Beer tradegoods around the map
- Added 30+ new formables, every tag now has atleast one (some of these are colonial formables, meaning you switch tags, move to your new region and have several choices as how to deal with your homeland)
- Added events simulating Lapis and Tin trade
- Added many generic events
- Added tons of deity icons
- Added a dozen new deities to various religions
- Added many new heritages around the world
- Added/adapted legion distinctions to Bronze Age units
- Added 10 duos of military traditions for: Assyrians, Amorites, Anatolians, Levantines, Egyptians, Hellenics, Hurrians, Aegeans and Sumerians
- Implemented several new natural disasters
- Improved GUI in various places

Balancing:
- All religions now have 3 modifiers: 2 positive, 1 negative
- Hellenic AI is now more aggressive in unifying their regions
- Implemented regional rebellion mechanic
- Made AI more capable at building cultural assimilation buildings
- Military tactics which were never available are now hidden
- Reworked cultural levies of Assyrians, Hattians and Kur
- Changed precise triggers for several rarer deities
- Naval units can now take attrition again
- Rebalanced tons of Heritages
- Compensated league city invention with slave move cost because of disabled league cities
- Changed naval units stats a bit to compensate for heavier ships not being invented yet
- AI will now place its treasures into Holy sites

Bugfixes:
- Fixed several broken models
- Fixed several broken Babylonian mission tasks
- Removed references to Rome
- Cleaned up several tooltips
- Fixed several broken pieces of vanilla localization
- Lots of smaller fixes to vanilla files like unit abilities

• 5Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
So I'm not sure if this is a strictly Bronze Age issue, but playing this mod I'm having a crash issue with what seems to be an event.
The file is attached, just run it with the mod and unpause. The game should crash. I'm using the beta patch.

The clue that I can make out is that the crash log says,
[16:12:45][charactereffectimpl.cpp:808]: add_popularity : scope was dead, at: file: events/monarchy_events.txt line: 1262
[16:12:45][charactereffectimpl.cpp:1130]: add_prominence : scope was dead, at: file: events/monarchy_events.txt line: 1263
[16:12:45][charactereffectimpl.cpp:808]: add_popularity : scope was dead, at: file: events/monarchy_events.txt line: 1262
[16:12:45][charactereffectimpl.cpp:1130]: add_prominence : scope was dead, at: file: events/monarchy_events.txt line: 1263
I tried fiddling with the event in question to remove the issue but I just keep getting crashes for different reasons with the same event. I'm just not good enough at modding to work around it.

If you can just tell me what to change in the event code to bypass the crash (and then put the original back in afterwards), that I can do, if it's possible to fix it like that.

Attachments

• Egypt.rome
    10,1 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: