• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

elvain

Africa & MidEast cartographer
35 Badges
Jan 20, 2004
www.rome.webz.cz
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Traditional colour of Persia has always been Blue, not Green, although Green is the color of Islam and most of states in medieval CK period Persia were Islamic.

Shah_mosque2.jpg

However, there is the "Persian Blue" color...
and that is the color which is in this mod given to Persia.

DOWNLOAD:
On Paradox mods
It is our in 2 versions:
LINK - The Main version runs with the entire landed_titles file altered. Hence it might be harder to run with other mods altering this file. The positive is that it changes the colours of all Persian titles in kingdom of Persia and Makran down to baronies + of course the empire of Persia

LITE VERSION (for compatibility with other mods) - The light version only alters the part of code, which defines the colours of the empire and the 2 kingdoms. It is more compatible with other mods. The only difference and downside against the main one is that it doesn't change colours of baronies, which most of you won't notice anyway (it is only visible in the debug mode and has no use in the normal game)

------

Steam Workshop - includes only the lite version.

SCREENSHOTS:

De facto 1066:
2020_09_01_13.png

De jure kingdoms in 1066:
2020_09_01_15.png

De jure duchies:
2020_09_01_16.png

and counties:
2020_09_01_17.png

Credits:
@Keizer Harm for helping to deal with some technical glitches

Last edited:
  • 27Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Excellent work my friend!

This is a very essential mod!

Great mod! Persia feels much improved with those shades of blue.

May I recommend not overriding 00_landed_titles.txt for compatibility reasons, @elvain ?

Instead, make a separate text file inside the landed_titles directory containing only the colors.

For example, if you just did:
Code:
e_persia = {
    color = { 60 180 210 }
    color2 = { 255 255 255 } 
}

You could do the same with every title and not have to override the entire file -- just keep the same rough de jure structure, of course, but only change the colors.

Reactions:

May I recommend not overriding 00_landed_titles.txt for compatibility reasons, @elvain ?

Instead, make a separate text file inside the landed_titles directory containing only the colors.

Code:
e_persia = {
    color = { 60 180 210 }
    color2 = { 255 255 255 }
}

You could do the same with every title and not have to override the entire file -- just keep the same rough de jure structure, of course, but only change the colors.
Thanks!
and yes, that's a plan for future, as soon as I figure out how to make it run propperly as planned (that said, I am failing so far).
Will update it as soon as it is resolved (working)

EDIT: Figured out, now I need to do all the tedious coding work, which will take a while, but the update will come sooner than later ;)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:

Code:
e_persia = {
    color = { 60 180 210 }
    color2 = { 255 255 255 }
}

Oh that's great - I had no idea you could do that.

Oh that's great - I had no idea you could do that.

It'll be super useful for cultural renaming mods in particular, since replacing all of landed_titles is so problematic.

Reactions:
uploaded a lite version of the mods for compatibility

see the first post

• 1Love
Reactions:
Edited the description of the 2 versions for better navigation, which better explains differences between the 2 versions.

I'd like to, but tbh, I can't find a way how
Do you use the MS Games version? If so, there probably isn't a way to do it - that's exactly what this new Paradox Mods thing is for.

If you use the Steam version you can upload to either Steam or Paradox Mods, and there'll be an option to select which in the mod tools section of the launcher.

Do you use the MS Games version? If so, there probably isn't a way to do it - that's exactly what this new Paradox Mods thing is for.

If you use the Steam version you can upload to either Steam or Paradox Mods, and there'll be an option to select which in the mod tools section of the launcher.
I have it through steam. But my launcher doesn't show me an option to upload a mod on steam workshop.
I've been searching, but unsuccessfully

I have it through steam. But my launcher doesn't show me an option to upload a mod on steam workshop.
I've been searching, but unsuccessfully
You're saying this option literally doesn't appear?

Could you take a screenshot of your mod launcher?

Attachments

• test_mod.jpg
    test_mod.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0