• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did a quick search, and found the list.
Relics Of Power:

Dierdriens Ring
Faeles Ring
Gavelons Staff Of Prosperity
Amulet Of Inspiration
Banner Of Roele
Barazads Tools
Brennas Favor
Chalice Of The Dead
Crown Of Command
State Crown Of Annuire
Emperors Crown
Farids Coffer Of The Realm
Hammer Of Thunder
Ring Of Wizardry
Robes Of The Mases
Regalia Of The Empire
Sielshegh Gem Large
Sielshegh Gem Small
Sword Of Roele
Sceptre Of Cuiraecen
Corgandals Staff
Nappolans Tome Of War
Vaubenels Book Of Fortification
Torc Of Splendor
Danicas Crystal Of Scrying
Tome Of Mystic Magics
Tome Of Sorcerors Lore
Tome Of The High Wizards
Tome Of The Mage Lords

I do not have a copy of that game anymore, yet some were very important to get for help with Domain abilities. Here is a good source of their particulars.

http://fan_of_enoch.tripod.com/magical_items/birthright_relics.htm

Sent you a PM Iron Gore, welcome onboard - we can certainly use the help, and a former Birthright DM is a great asset to have :)

Don't worry about lack of modding skills, character making is relatively simple, the most important thing is knowing which characters go where, and if you have the source books for the different regions you already have that information. Events and such I can also teach when we get there, at least the basic overview of how - events really are "learn by doing", however, so a lot of experimentation is required before one gets the hang of it.

And yes, there will be " go on quests/adventures" that work like pilgrimages, which advance your character level faster (as opposed to "training", which is also a pilgrimage-type decision) and can lead to finding special items - we will definitely use that list for that as a starting point.

LDRevolution and myself have gotten started on Anuire with characters, so it'd be great if you wanted to take on the Khinasi, Rjurik, Brecht, or Vos character files. I'll send you a copy of the current build as soon as you decide, I just need to set up the character files with the proper ID-ranges first.

You mean the Sword of Michael Roele, which was made by the dwarfs, later used to mortally injure The Gorgon but breaking into pieces in the process?

I think actually that there was an adventure released by Wizards of the Coast/TSR for Birthright called "The Sword of Roele", so it may still be in existence :) Besides, we can make whatever changes we like if it improves gameplay/immersion, and I for one think that it would be really cool to go on a quest to find the Sword of Roele - or at least the pieces of it, and then having it reforged... kind of like another famous sword :b

I think actually that there was an adventure released by Wizards of the Coast/TSR for Birthright called "The Sword of Roele", so it may still be in existence :) Besides, we can make whatever changes we like if it improves gameplay/immersion, and I for one think that it would be really cool to go on a quest to find the Sword of Roele - or at least the pieces of it, and then having it reforged... kind of like another famous sword :b

This was my very first though after I read Iron Gore's post about the artifacts, mainly THE Sword of Roele, going on a quest that could last generations(or maybe not) to recover the lost pieces of the sword, reforging it, and stuff.

Yep, we could make it so that there are 2 ways to become Emperor of Anuire:

1. Defeat or Kill all who oppose you

2. Search for lost artifacts, which will strengthen your claim, and others may throw their support to you even if you are not one of the major military powers. Of course, you will have to be master/legendary level of your class to undertake these kinds of quests :)

We developed a lot of non canon stuff, so are we setting our benchmark to "cannon only"?

Another CK II question, would we set some of the Brecht up as Merchant Republics?

I suggest we set Müden as a Republic. I could start with them, and we can work our way around.
For instance, in Brechtur regions they were supposed to be like merchant republics, yet were ruled by "princes" (exp. Danigau). In Müden I set up a guild, Königs Gilde Müden (the Royal Guild of Müden; KGM), and gave them the rouge holdings, as well as most of the law. I kept the main characters named, yet set them up as elected in 5 year cycles. They would invest bloodlines if they were replaced. They dominated the trade holdings in their colony states of Treucht, Rheulgard and Berhagen. This created a powerful juxtaposition for the Gorgon, driving him to look west for expansion, which in turn forced the Anuire players to want to accelerate their squabbling to create a bulwark against the Gorgon.

In original Birthright, the Gorgon Crown realm was undoubtedly the most powerful. I see the stats you gave the Black Prince and see that this will be the same in our Mod. If a DM were to play the Gorgon as "expansion" minded, he would conquer quickly. If he were to play him "bloodline farming/intrigue" minded, then he would target the players who started with or developed their bloodline strength (esp Danigau in the Brecht). Simply put, he was too powerful in the mechanics when viewed against the backdrop of his neighbors, and the DM most often had to play him "dumbed down", or “busy with internal squabbles”, etc.

This led to alliance diplomatic actions quickly forming with the neighboring states surrounding the Gorgons Crown, esp. with the veteran players. Should we set up alliances from the start in this, with the Brecht states (esp since the Gorgon did what he did to Keirgard?) Especially Danigau led, with Wierech and Dauren. I found the Brecht characters to be more militarily alliance minded (good for trade don't you know) than the fractured Anuire. Just look at all the incursions to their holdings from the Vos, Gorgon, the Rjurik and pirates.

I explained the patchwork quilt of law holdings in the Basin and Overlook states as this: If you were a true culture of merchants, it would matter little who held the law, as long as you held the trade. With the revenue from trade you could affect the law. “Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.” Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.

Sorry, just some musings.

We should take into considerations some of the game balance issues that always arose while playing and every region had theirs, most notably from Awnsheghlien that were too powerful verses their neighbors (Gorgon, White Witch, Raven, Magian and Serpent). The others were designed with behaviors not conductive to military expansion (Rhuobhe, Spider, Chimaera, Lamia, etc), yet how can we model these behaviors in CK II mechanics? If we don’t address this, then every game of our Mod will just end up with the “Battle of the Awnsheghlien”, player led or not. In the D&D game, DMs usually played the bad guys and we were so busy with tracking everything (the worst part of the game frankly) that they were never really played to their fullest, and thus the player realms had a better chance.

Also, many rulers would gather to eliminate certain Awnshegh in D&D role-playing missions, like Jason and the Argonauts going after the medusa. This mechanic naturally winnowed out many small Awnshegh npc's and made for great adventures where players blooded scions actually joined forces in person for some old fashioned gaming (the only real excuse to get them together like that), and would always lead to realm friendships in Domain play. The added benefit of reducing the bad guys I had to play; a win-win.
The spider is a great example in Anuire, the Siren in Rjurik, the Kraken or the Wolf in Brechtur, and the Spinx or Basilisk in Khinasi. The chance for choice new lands that didn’t place player verses player right of the bat. (In my games, every dwarf ruler of Baruk-Azhik would ally with the Sielwode and destroy the Chimaera; Poof, instant mountain expansion to the sea. This always led to the attempted liberation of Mur Kilad and alliance with Khurin Azur. Dwarf power! )

Last edited:
Thanks squishymaster - hehe, and if you are IT-competent enough to get Gorgon's Crown working nowadays, you certainly are competent enough to edit .txt files do do basic CK II modding - so you're welcome to join if you want to help expedite the process and get an early look at the build!

And also great stuff, Iron Gore! In order:

-Run any changes by me first, but no, we are not going "canon only" :) We'll make changes where they make sense, or improve gameplay and/or immersion.

-Yes, the many of the Brecht states will be merchant republics. We may have to give some of the more powerful realm rulers titular king titles, however, so that they can have duke/republic level vassals under them, but this shouldn't be a problem.

-I think we can script some alliance-events for when the Gorgon expands, either east into Brechtur or west in Anuire so that the human rulers there support each other (which they would, surely). The Gorgon is extremely powerful, especially since he at present has 3 vassal-states under him; Markazor, Mur-Kilad, and Kiergaard. Avanil will be the de jure liege of Taeghas and Brosengae, and Boeruine will be the liege of Talinie - so they'll be quite powerful as well. However, when the gorgon attacks for example Mhoried, the Mhor should get an event that says "Ask for aid against the Gorgon", and a large part of Anuire should come to his help (50% chance for each ruler that gets the choice, perhaps). Same with Elinie, as they also share a border with the Gorgon.

-We can do the same for the Brecht when they are under attack from Rjurik or Vos raiders, or the Gorgon. "The free flow of trade is threatened, and war has come to Brechtur from foreign realms. Should you send out messengers asking for aid?".

As for:

We should take into considerations some of the game balance issues that always arose while playing and every region had theirs, most notably from Awnsheghlien that were too powerful verses their neighbors (Gorgon, White Witch, Raven, Magian and Serpent). The others were designed with behaviors not conductive to military expansion (Rhuobhe, Spider, Chimaera, Lamia, etc), yet how can we model these behaviors in CK II mechanics? If we don’t address this, then every game of our Mod will just end up with the “Battle of the Awnsheghlien”, player led or not.

Well if the Awnsheighleen use the religious duchy-level CB (which costs 500 piety/regency now), then neighboring realms do tend to come to their aid. I've seen the Gorgon attack Tuarhievel, for example, and the Sielwode and even Llubraight joined in with their defense! But it should also be possible, say, if one of the major awnsheighleen take 30-40% of a region, then the rest of the rulers there get an event that urges them to unite under a single banner. In my view, the starting date of 1524 is just when the fragmentation caused by the end of the Roele-Emperors is finally beginning to end, and it looks like Anuire at least is just about ready to proclaim a new Emperor once either Avanil or Boeruine settle the issue between them.

We can further mod casus belli's however to be different for each awnsheighleen, if needed, and also generally make tweaks to existing CBs to ensure that they have the "Birthright" feel to them.

Edit: As the Awnsheighleen are religious enemies, at least for Anuire, Holy Orders will also play a significant part in Anuire's defense. LDRevolution is working on implementing them now :)

I'd still recommend that you guys start using some kind of repository (svn, git, ...). Putting together separate mod packages for everyone involved and merging afterwards is gonna be annoying. The only kinda difficult thing is to set it up locally, then it is very easy to use.
I would even set it up for you guys ;)

Thanks for the offer, Jon, but at least here in the early stages it works fine where people just send me a .rar file once a week to integrate :)

Since most of the team is new to modding, I need to check the files each time for potential errors/issues, so it's easier if I only have a few compressed files to work with. And like I said, hehe, I'm a technology-phobe to a certain extent! If if ain't broken, and all that... :p

Thanks for the offer, Jon, but at least here in the early stages it works fine where people just send me a .rar file once a week to integrate :)

Since most of the team is new to modding, I need to check the files each time for potential errors/issues, so it's easier if I only have a few compressed files to work with. And like I said, hehe, I'm a technology-phobe to a certain extent! If if ain't broken, and all that... :p

Especially for checking whether changed files are correct the compare function those repositories offer are useful ;)

I recall i played something called Birthright: The gorgons alliance back in 1996 or 1997 from what i remember it was great game mixing up turn based strategy with RTS and FPP RPG. Damn i wish some will make game like that so you could build and manage your realm like CK2 have a RTS battles like TW series and if you please you can go explore some dungeons or go and personally assinate your rival like in TES: SKyrim it would be a perfect game.