• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm getting a CTD when trying to play CK2 1.06b with BR 0.7b enabled; I narrowed it down and made absolutely sure it was Better Rebels that was causing it. I only tried playing the Holy Roman Empire when testing, but I'm pretty sure the CTD happens when trying to play any nation.
I confirm it. I`ll release a compatible version soon.

If I understand correctly you allow integration of this mod into other mods, so I integrated it into next version of Lux Invicta. Credit will be given of course.

I am unsure but when looking at files I saw something like this:

province_event = {
id = 1000025000 #better_rebels.0 - doesn`t work for some reason
desc = "EVTDESCbetter_rebels.0"
picture = "GFX_evt_peasants"

I haven't looked into the files yet properly - but those "doesn't work for some reason" tags made me think some things might not work.

I am unsure but when looking at files I saw something like this:

province_event = {
id = 1000025000 #better_rebels.0 - doesn`t work for some reason
desc = "EVTDESCbetter_rebels.0"
picture = "GFX_evt_peasants"

I haven't looked into the files yet properly - but those "doesn't work for some reason" tags made me think some things might not work.
Oh, it means that this event has numeric ID instead of namespace because for some reason namespace events can`t be fired from on_actions...

avee, you might want to check that.
My mod is running fine using lots of namespace events on on_actions.txt.

Did you always had this problem or did it start giving you trouble with the latest patch?
I only tried to use namespaces after 1.06b. I checked your mod and saw there are plenty of namespace events but it`s for 1.06.

My mod uses 2 namespace events for on_combat_pulse and runs for 1.06b and I haven't noticed any problems. Nobody has reported it as an issue either. Maybe it's only for certain pulses/actions?

Yeah, mine is working for 1.06b as well.

Avee, you're adding the "namespace = better_rebels" at the beginning of the file, right?
Otherwise, the events won't fire...
Hm. At the beginning of which file? With events or on_actions? Obviously I have "namespace = better_rebels" in event file. I tried to add "namespace = better_rebels" to on_actions.txt but it still didnt work.

By the way, here`s a little test-mod to check whether or not namespace events work with on_actions: View attachment testmod.rar

It has 2 events for Marshal`s "suppress revolts" job - "Namespace event" and "Standard event". I added them to job_actions.txt but only "Standard event" is seen in tooltip.
It also has 2 events in on_death trigger - with same names. When you character dies (you can kill him from console) you get 2 "Standard event"s.
Could you please check my code and tell me what I do wrong? :)

gave the testmod a shot, avee.
and, yeah, exactly as you described.

For now, I do suspect the same as Crusader, certain pulses/actions don't seem to recognize namespace (the ones under diplomatic notification maybe?). That's the only explanation I can think of (since my mod and his do work with the other pulses...)

Guess it's safe to go the way you did but let's keep an eye out for more info on this.

ps - I was referring to adding namespace to the events file... but you already knew that.

Last edited: