• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd be fine with just making the diseases, scars and other illnesses compat. Say what you want about CPR, but it lacks variety in wounds.

I have gotten back to modding, a new version is in the finishing stage and will be done in a few days.
Oh goodie. :)

On a different note, the Ugric and Siberian gfx should be changed a bit IMO; the Norse styling doesn't fit them very well and looks out of place. Without making it too complicated, it would probably more accurate for them to have Cuman clothes (without the chainmail) and some mixed headgear (baltic crowns, warm slavic-mongol caps, and western Slavic skullcap helmets). And maybe the women should use Mongol hair instead of Norse ones. Just my thoughts.

Oh goodie. :)

On a different note, the Ugric and Siberian gfx should be changed a bit IMO; the Norse styling doesn't fit them very well and looks out of place. Without making it too complicated, it would probably more accurate for them to have Cuman clothes (without the chainmail) and some mixed headgear (baltic crowns, warm slavic-mongol caps, and western Slavic skullcap helmets). And maybe the women should use Mongol hair instead of Norse ones. Just my thoughts.
Thanks, that outfit works out well. Saving editing the sprites for a later release.

In other portrait changing sidetracks:
Maghrebs rebased on southern faces instead of levantines.
Cuman get their own clothes back.
Non-pagan west-altaics use turkish outfits when non-pagan.

Is this still supposed to work with the current version? I playing vanilla straight up, I have a few odd issues, mostly the headgear of a few cultures like Breton who appear a couple centimeters off of where they should be. This seems like the best successor to my favorite portrait mod, BLC, so I'd like to figure out why. Thanks!

edit; in the meantime I found another mod with the exact same name.. which I like a little less but will tide me over.

Last edited:
Is this still supposed to work with the current version? I playing vanilla straight up, I have a few odd issues, mostly the headgear of a few cultures like Breton who appear a couple centimeters off of where they should be. This seems like the best successor to my favorite portrait mod, BLC, so I'd like to figure out why. Thanks!

edit; in the meantime I found another mod with the exact same name.. which I like a little less but will tide me over.

This thread has been left to die. Here is the new BLG thread. It's the same mod, just a new thread.