• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
and the common culture folder is not empty in 0.4 vesion just checked it...

EDIT: crap doublepost

About the compatches folders, the one includes the Viet compatch also...mayve you uploaded the previous version of Compatches folder also...

Hmm, you're right. That was utterly bizarre. I repackaged the file on my computer, deleted and reuploaded it to mediafire, and downloaded it myself. It will now work as intended.

As for the Manden King, I compared the cultures.txt from SWMH 2.8 and CPR and BLG and "Manden" is the word that appears in all of those files. Project Balance is the only mod that calls it "Mande", and you're not playing with Project Balance, right? Otherwise, I don't know what would be causing that graphical bug.

Hmm, you're right. That was utterly bizarre. I repackaged the file on my computer, deleted and reuploaded it to mediafire, and downloaded it myself. It will now work as intended.

As for the Manden King, I compared the cultures.txt from SWMH 2.8 and CPR and BLG and "Manden" is the word that appears in all of those files. Project Balance is the only mod that calls it "Mande", and you're not playing with Project Balance, right? Otherwise, I don't know what would be causing that graphical bug.

I'm using P.B-SWMH yes...

Last edited:
Ahh, okay. Project Balance should be the one to rename "Mande" back to "Manden", but in the meantime I'll have to include a separate Compatch for PB + SWMH, as the history files in PB + SWMH call for "Mande", while SWMH calls for "Manden". When I had noticed this playing PB + VIET a couple months ago, I chose to change all the history files in PB rather than the west_african.txt in VIET.

Ahh, okay. Project Balance should be the one to rename "Mande" back to "Manden", but in the meantime I'll have to include a separate Compatch for PB + SWMH, as the history files in PB + SWMH call for "Mande", while SWMH calls for "Manden". When I had noticed this while playing PB + VIET a couple months ago, I chose to change all the history files in PB, rather than the west_african.txt in VIET.

Just changed the Mande to Manden in P.B folder but doesnt solve the issue...
But the issue is only present in the pre game map....in game it's ok I think....

EDIT: Some rulers like Castille,Leon,Hungary and probably other don't have crowns on a new game and various occasions...

EDIT 2: The Wagadu issue is No Ahistorical Empires submod for P.B fault..
Just remembered this...

Have you seen the issues with the crowns???

Another issue...you should put Andalusians outside of Iberian group and put them in Arabic...so to have Muslim group buildings...
And if you use SWMH make sure that you change the graphical_culture = muslimgfx
to graphical_culture = andalusiangfx

Last edited:
Yes, I just noticed that the King of Castile, King of Poland and quite a few dukes don't have headgear. I'll try to determine what's causing this.

The specific dds files are missing most probably...or something in the portraits properties is wrong.

No, it's not that. Those helmets are missing in my PB + VIET game too. Maybe it has something to do with exceeding a hard-coded limit for unique gfx's.

I do suspect there is a hardcoded limit for gfxes somehow. I've had similar issues adding in new portrait backgrounds where at some point the game just wouldn't show some of my new portrait backgrounds.

Yes , game can utilize limited number of gfx's , before funny stuff turns up.Sad , but true.

@Pnutmaster i had a lot of similar issues , while doing BLG ck2+ comp. if i remember how i fixed it exactly , i'll report.

There is also a few suggestions , i have. There are few thing that bugged me that i changed in CK2+ BLG.
Namely , mercenaries now wear helmet's and do not look awkward , Balts/Finns have their own gfx , that is a lil different(headgear wise) from norse. Samoyeds use mongolgfx , as to avoid wearing Norse helmets , the rest of ugric nations use easternslavicgfx as they reside near Russians and from googling look and dress just like Russians.
One piece of Persian headgear doesn't match muslim_headgear_behind so i've replaced it. Also tweaked slavic headgear some.
Here is the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/uiw4c9xlre5rtd1/BLG.rar .

Last edited:
Thank you very much, Chopy. Have you updated your files up to v0.4?

I was playing with the portrait_properties.txt and found that the Kings of Castile, Poland, Hungary, etc have their crowns again after I delete all of the scripting for headgear #11-14. Perhaps greek strategos was right that the bug is lurking in portrait_properties.txt.

EDIT: Solved it. Had to replace some of the coding in the headgear section. Used your code as reference, Chopy.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, Chopy. Have you updated your files up to v0.4?

I will today. Tough i am not really sure if it needs to be updated. Could you give me a quick overview of what chnged ?
I also modified BLG quite a bit myself so file structure is lil different , i tried to streamline it.

Hi all may be a silly question but is it possible that much like after blinding a character they appear without any eyes or with eye patches or whatever that after the character suffers Rhinokopia they can be left with out a nose or with some kind of prosthesis ? I would do it myself but im useless at this

Hey Pnutmaster...

Could you please fix the white turban issue???
You can spot it in the your preview pics also...

http://i.imgur.com/ZTlTOZB.jpg

Thanks...

Hay pnutmaster..The Eastern Roman Empire has so many court titles and dignitries and each title has a different coloured tunic would it be something you would look at doing or could do ?

A quick question...Why altaic cultures have Muslim buildings??? Pechenegs,Kwazars etc
I have changed the muslimgfx to steppegfx in the cultures.txt but they still use muslim...

cheers...