• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Pnutmaster if you have any requests for me to do anything , be it check/rechek the code , figure out something , make something. Tell me , it would ease workload on you. ;]

EDIT: Looking through your files, Chopy, I noticed one mistake. Clothing in portrait_properties is numbered from 0 to 15. Clothing #16 would be, in essence, a seventeenth frame that does not exist. I also chose to give the Dukes the same martial clothing as everyone else in order to justify another frame of royal clothing (those pinned cloaks). I don't know if that was a necessary omission, but if people aren't encountering lag/CTDs/limited memory because of the additions we've already made, I'll bring them back to the mod.

Ahh my bad. So far i've been playing BLG without patching ck2.exe to use 4gb of ram , it runs nice and dandy. BLC required 4gb patch , in order to run without graphical glitches. I think there is some nice room ahead to expand. I am planning to make one more Norse helmet , than try and work on Baltic/Finnish/Wendish headgear.

Also i improved Norse Dukal helmets nose peace a little https://www.dropbox.com/s/pv3iia3larp3a8l/norse_male_headgear.dds , didn't include it in the CK2+ version .

Last edited:
I'm using Chopy's ducal Norse helmet and some of his suggestions. Namely, increasing the martial prerequisite for wearing martial gear outside of battle, and hiding hair.

cbrxkhan's about to release an update to CPR if I'm right, so I'll restrain from releasing BLG 0.5 until I've had a chance to compare files.

cbrxkhan's about to release an update to CPR if I'm right, so I'll restrain from releasing BLG 0.5 until I've had a chance to compare files.
I'm confused: is this meant to be used alongside CPR or instead of it? Also, is this fine without VIET? I mainly play PB+SWMH and therefore am holding off on VIET until the two are a little more compatible.

Ahh my bad. So far i've been playing BLG without patching ck2.exe to use 4gb of ram , it runs nice and dandy. BLC required 4gb patch , in order to run without graphical glitches. I think there is some nice room ahead to expand. I am planning to make one more Norse helmet , than try and work on Baltic/Finnish/Wendish headgear.........

Hmm, in case you don't know , the game is now aware of more ram since..well an older patch. No 4gb patch necessary anymore. Just saying in case you missed it.

I finished updating my PB-VIET build of BLG. I'll do the same for SWMH later tonight and release what should be my final version of BLG. I'm a bit sore about the inter-marry faith restrictions in CKII :/ Puts a damper on my Zoroastrian King of Sicily/Trebizond campaign. Hopefully the devs will fix in the next patch.

zombieflanders said:
I'm confused: is this meant to be used alongside CPR or instead of it? Also, is this fine without VIET? I mainly play PB+SWMH and therefore am holding off on VIET until the two are a little more compatible.
BLG includes CPR, but I would only enable BLG in my mod list.

I myself play with PB + VIET Immersion, but there is/will be a compatch for PB + SWMH.

Hey Pnutmaster...
Congrats for your work with this mod...
A little more info would be great though so to dully understand what we have here...
So BLG includes all of CPR'S latest features along with BLC???
I would like to use it along with PB-SWMH so it's better to wait for your updated version???

Cheers...

Hey Pnutmaster...
Congrats for your work with this mod...
A little more info would be great though so to dully understand what we have here...
So BLG includes all of CPR'S latest features along with BLC???
I would like to use it along with PB-SWMH so it's better to wait for your updated version???

Cheers...

Khaire!

BLG includes the latest version of CPR and maybe 75% of what was included in BLC.

You can play BLG with PB + SWMH. Simply download and extract the mod (updated to v0.4 as of 02/10/2013), copy the PB + SWMH compatch folder over Better Looking Garbs, and you will be able to enjoy everything from the cyan dyes of Andalusia to the regal purple cloaks of the so-called-Emperors of the Middle Ages.

You can play BLG with PB + SWMH. Simply download and extract the mod (updated to v0.4 as of 02/10/2013), copy the PB + SWMH compatch folder over Better Looking Garbs, and you will be able to enjoy everything from the cyan dyes of Andalusia to the regal purple cloaks of the so-called-Emperors of the Middle Ages.
Awesome, thanks for the update!

Quick question: BLG has several files in the /common/cultures folder, whereas the SWMH compatch just has one. Since Win7 merges folders by default, it just replaces the one file. Do we need to delete the other files in that folder or do we just leave them there?

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Quick question: BLG has several files in the /common/cultures folder, whereas the SWMH compatch just has one. Since Win7 merges folders by default, it just replaces the one file. Do we need to delete the other files in that folder or do we just leave them there?

Yes, you do. Sorry! I forgot that was why v0.3 was twice as large in size. To simplify all of this, I will leave the default /common/culture empty and include a PB + VIET compatch instead.

Last edited:
Yes, you do. Sorry! I forgot that was why v0.3 was twice as large in size. To simplify all of this, I will leave the default /common/culture empty and include a PB + VIET compatch instead.
Sounds good. You may also want to just put the /culture folder under the SWMH compatch (instead of /common/culture) as cybrxhan does with CPR and copy/paste his instructions in the readme. Otherwise, it looks like the /graphicalculturetypes folder should be deleted as well, and I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Sounds good. You may also want to just put the /culture folder under the SWMH compatch (instead of /common/culture) as cybrxhan does with CPR and copy/paste his instructions in the readme. Otherwise, it looks like the /graphicalculturetypes folder should be deleted as well, and I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Ok I lost you here guys...why do we have 2 compatch folders
Compatches and Compatches choose one...:huh:

Maybe make a module for the vanilla game as well?

Yes, I should do that. Sometimes I forget about the Vanilla peoples, but they do exist.

zombieflanders said:

The way I have it now, nothing has to be deleted. You simply copy and paste the Compatch /common that you need over the one in Better Looking Garbs.

greek strategos said:
Ok I lost you here guys...why do we have 2 compatch folders
Compatches and Compatches choose one..

I honestly do not know. I reuploaded the file, cleaned up the directory and included a Vanilla Compatch.

Yes, I should do that. Sometimes I forget about the Vanilla peoples, but they do exist.

The way I have it now, nothing has to be deleted. You simply copy and paste the Compatch /common that you need over the one in Better Looking Garbs.

I honestly do not know. I reuploaded the file, cleaned up the directory and included a Vanilla Compatch.

Ok but I also believe that we need to delete the other txt files cause SWMH uses only one culture.txt file...
Also the is a noculture white King of Wagadu in Africa...and indeed we have tow folders of compathes in 0.4 version you could check it easily...

Aye, it does. Upon extracting 0.4, you'll find that Better Looking Garbs/common/culture is empty. Therefore, after you copy the Compatch for SWMH, there will be only one culture.txt file in the /cultures folder.

Is the King of Wagadu of the Manden culture?

Aye, it does. Upon extracting 0.4, you'll find that Better Looking Garbs/common/culture is empty. Therefore, after you copy the Compatch for SWMH, there will be only one culture.txt file in the /cultures folder.

Is the King of Wagadu of the Manden culture?

Υep...Manden I think it's because SWMH use Mande instead...

Υep...Manden I think it's because SWMH use Mande instead...
and the common culture folder is not empty in 0.4 vesion just checked it...

EDIT: crap doublepost

About the compatches folders, the one includes the Viet compatch also...mayve you uploaded the previous version of Compatches folder also...