• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Works fine now ;) Good work!
Btw do you have any plans on adding more cultures in the future? I understand you want to improving the existing ones first but just wondering :)

More cultures = more dds loaded = memory issues. I would love to add more cultures but I'm scared of even adding one more layer... that's why Bohemians use catalan clothes and german headgear atm in my version rather than being given their own layers... the current memory load seems to work for everyone I don't wanna push it anymore. (although I might one day when my masochism level rises again :D)

No crashes on startup, no crashes on alt-tabbing, and everything looks great. Thanks Shaytana!

Actually, found a visual issue with Persian armor, but that was the only issue I've seen so far.

6Jn2o.jpg

No crashes on startup, no crashes on alt-tabbing, and everything looks great. Thanks Shaytana!

Thanks Wiz!

What is the issue with Persian armor that you are refering to exactly? Because I can think of several things that would need tweaking hehehe, I'm not sure what you're refering to specifically.

I think it is that you got both the chain-mail and the helmet displayed.

That is WAD. It's supposed to display that chainmail and that helm.

Thanks Wiz!

What is the issue with Persian armor that you are refering to exactly? Because I can think of several things that would need tweaking hehehe, I'm not sure what you're refering to specifically.

Referring to the thing that appears to be hovering slightly off his forehead:
2RZrx.jpg

I think it's supposed to be a raised visor.

It is. He's using my helmet from my Cuman portrait mod. The Vaegir helmet has a hinged front. I made the helmet in two versions in order to satisfy separate tastes. Here, he's repurposed it for his Persians.

It is. He's using my helmet from my Cuman portrait mod. The Vaegir helmet has a hinged front. I made the helmet in two versions in order to satisfy separate tastes. Here, he's repurposed it for his Persians.

Ah. I love most of your work, but this one looks really odd IMO - it doesn't appear to be connected to the helmet so it gives the impression of floating freely in the air.

Ah. I love most of your work, but this one looks really odd IMO - it doesn't appear to be connected to the helmet so it gives the impression of floating freely in the air.

Which is the reason mine includes a shadow. There is no shadow on the version shown here. It's also meant to go on a light chainmail set, so the tonal values come off as jarring.

Looks fine to me, though the addition of a light shadow would be very nice. Perhaps because I'm familiar with that form of helmet though, I know what it is and my mind fills in that the hing is right there, and details like that.

I see, it was the raised visor :) I might make some tweaks to the Persians in the future, maybe even switch them to a different helmet, for now I kinda got used to the way they display. :laugh: Once I get version 8 done, provided I still have the desire in me, I will start rectifying, tweaking the gazillion little things that don't work well... there's many many things I know I have to tweak/improve, but went in as they were because I was in a hurry to get all cultures differentiated.

Turns out he has a full set of hair without that chain top. Must be irradiated metal he's wearing.

Lol, I guess it's an issue with him being Jewish. Maybe they practiced chainmail coif circumcision?:laugh: My coding in the portraits file uses vanilla religions I'm guessing so him being Jewish somehow foxes up the display of his helmet hehehe? Other than that I have no idea at a glance what might have gone wrong... it's obviously an issue in portrait_properties file though, at a guess it could have something with a conflict between shady headgear for high intrigue characters like him and the martial helm? :wacko:

This explanation would make sense too. In this case I am using CK2+ (I believe Prince and Thane has Judaism too) and not many people play them mainly because their start is crazy hard (I won't lie, I had to load autosaves a couple times at the start to survive the very beginning). Would explain why no one else has seen the halo chain mail helmet.

I just made a Cuman character of similar age with the exact same stats *not Jewish -because I used vanilla, and he displays like this:

KqvY5.png

So not sure what causes it in CK2+ it could very well be some wierd conflict, the portrait_properties file is very very wierd at times in the way stuff ends up conflicting or not conflicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.