• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to do a quick job and implement my templates later... because getting a new template done that's good enough takes a lot of work for me...but...I guess I can sneak something like this in.

Here a quick teaser of A VERY EARLY ALPHA TEMPLATE WORK - I will most likely implement this helm for the next version:

UApI6.png

Obviously needs a lot of work...but when done it will be very useful as a template for many things.

FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING ISSUES: Download this file,portraits.rar, unrar it over the existing file in BLC6D\interface\ *FOR STANDARD VERSION, not the DLC FREE one. See if this helps.

Unfortunately this is not working for me :(

I'm experiencing major issues trying to integrate latest version into CK2+: If I use BLC's interface/portaits.gfx, the game crashes 90% of the time if I alt-tab out. I've tried the fixed file, but no difference. The issue is not due to bad integration, as I've tried using completely unaltered BLC files and the same thing happens.

EDIT: I also get the crashes playing with only BLC and no other mods, so the issue definitely seems to be in BLC.

Last edited:
I'm experiencing major issues trying to integrate latest version into CK2+: If I use BLC's interface/portaits.gfx, the game crashes 90% of the time if I alt-tab out. I've tried the fixed file, but no difference. The issue is not due to bad integration, as I've tried using completely unaltered BLC files and the same thing happens.

EDIT: I also get the crashes playing with only BLC and no other mods, so the issue definitely seems to be in BLC.

I was getting the same type of error on my own mod, and the problem lied with the layering order in portraits.gfx. It references which files are shown in what order, at the end for each graphical culture's section. If the list references a file that isn't there, the game crashes. I had references to a headgear_mid file I didn't use and had removed. It crashed when accessing the portraits or alt-tabbing. Check those and remove or # tag the line for non-existing files.

I was getting the same type of error on my own mod, and the problem lied with the layering order in portraits.gfx. It references which files are shown in what order, at the end for each graphical culture's section. If the list references a file that isn't there, the game crashes. I had references to a headgear_mid file I didn't use and had removed. It crashed when accessing the portraits or alt-tabbing. Check those and remove or # tag the line for non-existing files.

Any way to detect for non-existant files other than to just check each single line in the file?

Any way to detect for non-existant files other than to just check each single line in the file?

Compare the list in the gfx file to the content of the characters folder for each culture. If there is a faster method, I don't know it.

If you want, open the game, and without alt tabbing, try to view a portrait (and their court). If the game crashes, check that particular culture's entry in portraits.gfx...

Other than that, I may be completely wrong about the problem. I just know the exact same thing happened to me in my portrait mod.

I checked the logfiles after the mismatching portraits keeps happening, and there is no mention of "out of memory". This means my issue is not one about RAM, so does anybody have any idea what else it could be?

@bengrimm

It works like any other mod. Put in the mod folder and run it etc.

---------------

If you are experiencing issues I would rollback to a previous version... I think I am going to do the deed and rework the entire mod for version 7 I will be redoing the coding files, and the layers. I will renounce the 27 slot system... well to put it this way I will try my very best to make the mod work for people, at the expense of ambition. This will also mean that work that should go into adding graphics will go into recoding, reediting dds etc, so that will be that. I will openly admit that this might be the very last version of BLC, the time investment is just too huge, and while I would have been ok with soldiering on if everything worked the amount of time required to put into recoding, reediting dds, hunting bugs, trying stuff out etc etc is just not worth it...

So Wiz and everyone else - please hold on till I finish version 7, it will be a major reworking of the files... hopefully that will solve the issues, if it doesn't I'll go cry in a corner. :p Now I'm off to go re-edit all the dds and the coding to a new system.

I've been reworking everything, I have a partially redone build going on laptop with no issues whatsoever (well I never had any issues before). If you have any last minute (realistic :)) requests please tell me now, as this reworking might be the last version of BLC, I might try and get some things in before the curtains.;)

I've updated game to 1.05f....and now my game crashes on starting a new game. :excl: Maybe it's a history files conflict? Sigh. :rolleyes:

I've figured out the issue with 1.05f. BLC7 now works on 1.05f, reworked quite a lot of stuff in the process... I am going to make sure everything works 100% on both my computers, and then I am going to release it in its current state (as in without much work on the final differentiated sets, graphical work went out the window to fix stuff) to see if people find this version stable and working. I will also renounce a mongol DLC free implementation I believe just getting the standard version to work is driving me cuckoo. :blush:

I'm happy to say that BLC7 is rock stable on my computers atm, working under 1.05f. I had to do some unexpected reworks, but at least now it seems to be working perfectly. I'm going to finalize stuff, and test it some more, hopefully I will release it later today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Awesome work there Shaytana. Glad you persevered with all the hard work! Would be sad to see the curtains but what you did immensely improved the base game already. Thanks for everything!

Oh and Wiz are you having issues using my latest v3 of 6D and my latest portraits.gfx?

Yeah. I'll wait for V7 and let you know if I have issues with that one too.

Shaytana, just wanted to notify you of a silly little bug I found in the character history files, since I know you keep your own version of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.