• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the cumans and the turkish have no faces? I use the one for CK2Plus.

Some parts of the mod require Mongol Faces DLC. I won't be integrating those parts if I get permission to integrate this mod.

First off sorry guys for not being active yesterday, weekend = various people eating my time up. :blush:

@mate0815

Thanks again for your work mate, I'll post that new file of yours in the main post!

@timetogetaway

Hope you enjoy!

@Wiz

Go ahead and integrate mate, my aim is to serve the community and I understand yours is most likely the most played mod around here. (to my shame I still didn't find the time to try it out yet, but I will)

@zonkie

the mod requires mongol dlc for the new graphical cultures.

@Sugary

Links work for me.

@Gwyn ap Nud

Must be an issue with the CK2plus adaptation - I didn't make it so I'm not sure what's wrong but my bet is it's probably because of the number of frames in the coding for headgear in that version, so if it says 14 in one place and 15 in another etc it will shift stuff improperly.

Last edited:
I'm almost done working on my new "less Arabic looking" Muslim culture. It's going to be used for Andalusians and Persians for a start. This culture will work without the mongol DLC.

Check the beard colors on the moors on the right:

http://www.artehistoria.com/historia/jpg/BAC09690.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped....JPG/601px-ChristianAndMuslimPlayingChess.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maler_der_Geschichte_von_Bayâd_und_Riyâd_002.jpg

You could say some Andalusians (not talking 1st generation or 100% Berbers here, but European mixed ones) might have looked like this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2356/1804969693_83f5efeb8f_o.jpg

The new graphical culture should allow the potential for a more "European" looking muslim culture.

Latest version 2aculturesB posted!

New not-Arabic looking muslim graphical culture added. Currently used for Andalusians and Persians. Any feedback is appreciated!

Posted a new fixed 2aculturesB. The original had an issue with the African culture no longer displaying as black, and an issue with the dna of a Persian looking quite errr....wrong.

By the way, the Persians' and the Andalusians' child potraits are the ones of the arabic potraits, while I think the european looking ones would be more fitting. Just pointing that out. :)

I'll try it out. I'm going to add this to my "recommendations" section. :)

EDIT: Persia, Iberia looks good. I would think about North African Berbers (maghreb_arabic) as a more diverse group, too. They were Berbers, not Arabs.

Last edited:
@EmperorTojo

Maybe I'll switch them in next version. The European kids didn't look quite right imho. (not that the Arab ones do) :sad: I'll think about it, maybe if more people think it's better with the European portraits I will switch them.

@9HK4

Hope you like it. Still needs some perfecting but imho the current version is the best so far.

@RedRooster81

Thanks mate! I let the game run for a couple hundred years and I was rather satisfied with the results.

On the Berbers...I might change them for version 3. I'm thinking of changing the Berbers and the Levantines, but I haven't quite figured out the details yet. I have this image of Zinedine Zidane the Great in my head though. ;) Joking aside I have been looking at some Berber pictures and they do need changing. Not sure if I'll do it before version 3(the next major one) or just do it with one of my smaller updates sooner.

Okay. That's something I've given some thought to. The northern Berbers are very Caucasian, but the southern Berbers, the Tuareg, are much darker. So it's not an easy call. Unfortunately, color is not an RGB value, so it makes historically more biologically diverse populations like the Andalusi and Berbers more difficult to portray.

At the moment, I think that it runs alongside my mod perfectly (it did this morning), but I think that it would be something that I would like to integrate into Project Rodrigo at some point, with your permission of course. I have adjusted the cultures file to include Sephardi Jews, Gypsies (Romani), and Malians, though I haven't finalized what they'll look like.

Okay. That's something I've given some thought to. The northern Berbers are very Caucasian, but the southern Berbers, the Tuareg, are much darker. So it's not an easy call. Unfortunately, color is not an RGB value, so it makes historically more biologically diverse populations like the Andalusi and Berbers more difficult to portray.

At the moment, I think that it runs alongside my mod perfectly (it did this morning), but I think that it would be something that I would like to integrate into Project Rodrigo at some point, with your permission of course. I have adjusted the cultures file to include Sephardi Jews, Gypsies (Romani), and Malians, though I haven't finalized what they'll look like.

Go ahead and integrate it whenever you want mate.

About the Berbers... I agree it's a bit annoying that you've got very different populations to somewhat manage to stereotype into a bigger group... The maghrebi culture block should probably be split to begin with, but given I'm developing this mod for vanilla I just have to figure out the best way to depict the people of that area in block. (although maybe I should make a more complex mod in the future and add more cultures) At this point in time I'm thinking that a quick fix for the Maghreb might be to switch them to a slightly modified version of the Andalusian gfx... as a quick fix they could probably work ok with the major difference being restricting the hair colors a bit making them darker haired. I could also switch them to Turkish graphics, that might work too -imperfect solutions both. :sad:

Maybe Paradox could add skin colors to portrait files like we have eye and haircolors now...if they could do that in a future patch we'd be in serious bussiness.

I am currently working on Berbers and Levantine. I am thinking I should give them muslim beards, haircuts and clothes, but switch their faces to western and restrict their haircolors to mostly dark. Any suggestions?

=======
One of my main dissatisfactions with this mod so far is the HRE/France area. I have yet to finish this area properly because I believe there should be more information to be had somewhere about particular regions. Any information about regional differences(especially for HRE german areas) or individual nobles would be greatly appreciated!

cordobese caliphate guys... you can see that they were very european-looking even on 800 ad.

leon_abderraman3.jpg
emir abderramán II , painted as described in the chronicles.
andaluz_omeya.gif
andalusian warrior.
abderramani.jpg
emir abderraman I

Aye, I have Europeanized Muslim Spain to a degree, and it should potentially get even more so with time progressing... I guess depending on how the nobles marry etc.:happy: At this point in time I'm actually thinking of making them a bit less so, although I guess that in their current state they are perfect for an Andalusi game of European expansion in the way they would depict their future generations. (there's a bit too much blonde/red hair atm imho, same goes for Byzies for example, but it seems to confine itself to the lower tiers of nobility the landed playable characters in the areas I'm disatisfied with tend to retain decent looking dna over the generations due to their original settings - i had a game run for 300+ years yesterday and the playable landed nobility looked pretty good)

For example as seen in game:

on the left the dna-ed ruler of Cordoba, in center the heir to the banu Hud of Zaragoza, right a random baron:

Attachments

• andalusians.png
    andalusians.png
    137,9 KB · Views: 53
The Suited for War mod doesn't seem to be compatible with the newest BLC mod :(. Otherwise great work on the Muslims in Spain, alot better than vanilla CK2 :)

Suited for War mod modifies 2 lines in portrait_properties.gfx so sadly no, it won't work. I talked to Marconius about it and was going to implement something like that in my mod, but after implementing it I noticed serious graphical mismatches so I un-implemented it. :(

=====
On the bright side I'm almost done with Berbers and Levantine, I'll probably update the mod later today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.