• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, that it looks really good, however I noticed that on a lot of the Russian Dukes in 1066, the beard is in front of the nose!? Looks wrong...
Also, what's up with the small moustace, ala Alp Arslan? Ha ha, I mean, is that really serious?

@mate0815

Hehehehe, I think it's a bit subjective, given when I last went to Ukraine and Russia I thought there were a lot of hot blondes to be found. Now that famous capital of the Grand Princes, Kiev, has a lot of "blondishness" to go around even today. Then you have to factor in the fact that Russia got some eastern seed donors over time, if you take into account all those love seeking mongols, cumans etc, you can see why you'd have a decrease in the % of blondes over time. :D Now on a more serious note, I have to say that I am going to listen to ongoing feedback on hair colors, I am already thinking of some things I might do in the next version, there's some places that I am disatisfied with, but definitely not Russia in this current version. (although my opinion can always change :D)

I must admit, that it looks really good, however I noticed that on a lot of the Russian Dukes in 1066, the beard is in front of the nose!? Looks wrong...
Also, what's up with the small moustace, ala Alp Arslan? Ha ha, I mean, is that really serious?

I'm unsure what you're talking about, it could be an issue with the ANNOYING randomization of dna the game does for some characters on top of what I made them look like. (happens for some characters, for example the Prince of Polotsk...makes me wanna cry to see his moustache he got for some reason in spite of my wishes for him to get a beard - there's a few characters that simply want to ignore dna...I hate them :eek:o) Could you post a screenshot of that Russian Dukes issue? I don't think I've seen that in my game.

For example look at how a Russian Duke looks in my game:

vsevolod.jpg

(this one actually displays intended dna 100% correctly)

Last edited:
I'm just curious, and apologize in advance if this has been asked before, but what exactly does this mod change that renders it incompatible with CK2+? The history files? I went through as much as I could with notepad+ and compared the CK2+ to the BLC files, I could not find too much that caused the two mods to be incorrigible.

I 'integrated' BLC into CK2+ via a hackjob, and while it worked the game started to crash eventually after half a century of in-game time (though I'm not sure why--may have been a CK2+ problem given that Wiz just released 1.05, which is pretty much a large hotfix that was then followed by another hotfix!) I'll integrate the mod again to see if the problem continues.

edit: Oh wait. You made a CK2+ compatible version. Well, poop, that's awesome. Disregard this post.

Last edited:
As a general rule I guess if CK2+ modifies a file my mod also modifies, then that's going to be an issue.
Just by looking quickly at files I can see potential conflicts with:
in common:
cultures
graphicalculturetype
in history\characters: quite a few culture files ;)
in interface:
portrait_properties (this one's absolutely vital for character looks)

Having said that there's an adapted version of this mod mate0815 made (posted in first post of thread) that might work with CK+. I haven't tried it, so I can't say though.:eek:o

On crashes, I have to say my current Rus game using BLC is stable as a rock, so it might be a CK2+ issue or a result of combining it with my mod. :)

I'm just curious, and apologize in advance if this has been asked before, but what exactly does this mod change that renders it incompatible with CK2+? The history files? I went through as much as I could with notepad+ and compared the CK2+ to the BLC files, I could not find too much that caused the two mods to be incorrigible.

I 'integrated' BLC into CK2+ via a hackjob, and while it worked the game started to crash eventually after half a century of in-game time (though I'm not sure why--may have been a CK2+ problem given that Wiz just released 1.05, which is pretty much a large hotfix that was then followed by another hotfix!) I'll integrate the mod again to see if the problem continues.

aaaargh!!! i´m so sorry, but i put a wrong common/cultures.txt into the hotfix-file. please use the one from the download without the hotfix instead...

@Shaytana
sorry for making wrong work - please remove the cultures.txt-file from the hotfix.

and now i´m going to look for my head... :confused:

Last edited:
@timetogetaway

See that the original version for CK2+ apparently had a problem - as mate0815 says above. I uploaded a new one, hopefully corrected as he said, I'm literally falling asleep on my keyboard here so I'm not 100% sure if i did it right hehehehe.

@mate0815

np mate, I hope I followed what you said correctly and uploaded a working version now. I hope. :D

@Vindahl

I guess your game might randomize different characters than mine. :D For me the Duke of Novgorod has a beard and looks ok. (so does the Chief of Satakunta) Or I guess it could be something else? Post a screenshot please if you can, I'll look at it tomorrow, I'm going to get my beauty sleep now because my eyelids have stopped cooperating and want to shut down. :eek:o

Very strange. You press F11 to take a screenshot it's saved under documents\paradox interactive\crusader kings II\screenshots

I don't see a problem with them although, it has to be said the Prince of Novgorod IS slightly randomized from my intended dna. (as I said it happens with some characters, but the culture stereotype coding kicks in and so imho he looks ok) I think the randomization of characters might have started after I integrated Peuri's mod into mine, I don't remember it happening before in this fashion, I'll have to eventually look into everything and see if i can figure out what precisely causes it...but I doubt that I can, it's probably some very strange unintended side effect of the general code.
Look at this screenshot to see how the two look in my game: (on left Prince of Novgorod, on right High Chief of Satakunta)

Attachments

• dnovgdsatakaunta.png
    dnovgdsatakaunta.png
    78 KB · Views: 34
Exactly, thats how they look in mine too... Cant you see that a part of the nose is missing "under " the beard? I tried to fiddle with the Ruler DLC, and I could see that if I switched beard, I suddenly could see more of the nose...

Exactly, thats how they look in mine too... Cant you see that a part of the nose is missing "under " the beard? I tried to fiddle with the Ruler DLC, and I could see that if I switched beard, I suddenly could see more of the nose...

Ok mate, I'm sorry to say but I guess my eyesight in old age doesn't quite notice it hehehehe. :cool: Those two portraits look pretty much ok to me, they are displayed as per standard CK2 rules so that's the precise way they would look like without my mod if that particular dna happened, I personally don't see the issue, but if some people see it, well i guess it's something that could be corrected modifying the base CK2 graphic files, but imho it's too much of a hassle for something I personally (and probably others) won't notice at all. Not to mention that if you modify those files you'll end up with mismatches with other noses/beards combinations...just the nature of the beast. I guess if you look VERY closely at CK2 portraits there are other many very minor things one could say don't look 100% perfect, but that's the nature of the portrait being made of a lot of different parts that have to be fitted together by code...

I've been experimenting with quite a few things for a future version... adding new graphical cultures, mixing and matching... Check out the attached screenshot as an example.

The side effect of mixing stuff that's not supposed to mix is minor mismatches. (Vindahl you're going to notice them all hehehehe;)) I'm not sure if people want more diversity at the expense of minor glitches or they prefer it the way it is right now... Any feedback? Do you want to see some strange stuff like Muslim clothes combined with European males, European headgear on Easterners etc?

I was adding a persian culture(I want to play a persian zoroastrian game for my personal enjoyment and I didn't care about historical accuracy that much - i was just giving my future Imperials of Ahura Mazda the best looking graphics according to my own taste) and while fiddling with its parts I actually made one of my best looking characters ever by mixing some mongol, western and muslim stuff, although it looked very ahistorical and would have never posted that in this mod. :cool:

There's quite a few things that can be done, but the more added stuff, variety etc, the more minor misalignments etc...:sad:

Attachments

• testing.png
    testing.png
    45,3 KB · Views: 35
Posted a new version called 2aculturesA. This version integrates a new Alan culture using a mixture of graphical assets. It will not display correctly without the mongol dlc. Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
Tried out a few Alani character possibilities with the ruler creator, looks great :D Good work! Propably gonna play an Alani character next playtrough(playing a Scotsman now and got like 300 years left till the end).

@Sn3ipen

I believe it is compatible, I'm continuing my old game using this version and I have yet to experience an issue. I've played a bit with it and no issues, I don't think there should be any.

@9HK4

Thanks mate! I admit I'm going to play an Alani game sometime soon just because I like the way they look atm. :wub:

Anyway I'm going to go see if I can add an Andalusian culture this weekend... I seriously dislike the way they look in vanilla... and I want to restore the Umayad Caliphate to boot. :closedeyes: Cordoba uber alles!!!

after a lot of changes today, here is the new adaption from this fine mod for ck2PLUS:

now it is based on v1.06 of CK2PLUS, merged with the alternate version 2aculturesA if this mod and working with the brandnew patch 1.05d of this game.

- all cultures from CK2+ are in
- all predefined characters, dna and properties from BLC2a are in
- all traits and skills of predefined characters from CK2+ are in
- all autogenerated characters follows the restrictions from BLC2a

@Shaytana
if you want to experiment with some other cultures, take a look at the outcome of the adapted mod: persian, westafrican and some individual cultures for sicily are in from CK2+ - maybe a suggestion for your work...

btw: here my bestlooking alan char:
View attachment 53256

edit: adapted version removed - new version released (see at post 83)

Last edited:
Since a CK2+ compatability patch was made by mate0815, I'd like to ask permission to integrate this mod into CK2+. I really like the visual improvements this mod makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.