• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've adapted the males of the Cuman graphical culture to this culture clothing switch mode...so far they and my Byzies work perfectly when switching cultures. I think I understand the system perfectly now, with placeholders for missing stuff etc. I'm going to start adapting all graphical cultures to this system...going to take a while hopefully I will finish sometime today.

Ok I've adapted the males of the Cuman graphical culture to this culture clothing switch mode...so far they and my Byzies work perfectly when switching cultures. I think I understand the system perfectly now, with placeholders for missing stuff etc. I'm going to start adapting all graphical cultures to this system...going to take a while hopefully I will finish sometime today.

Awesome!

Version 3c posted!
Dna and culture should now uncouple/couple correctly. A character with Swedish dna but Arabic culture should retain Swedish looks and use Arabic clothes etc... Hopefully it's 100% bug free. Please tell me if anything is wrong, or any feedback!

I'm back to working on skins... I am thinking 3 new dna skin sets should do the trick:

1)a skin set for Andalusians and Persians
2)a skin set for Berbers and Levantine
3)a skin set for........Byzantines. Yes, I'm thinking of...tanning them just a bit - that's very tricky to do right.

So the culture line in portraits.gfx ensures that you get the right clothes so say a German duke who looks like his Arab mother does wear his father's clothing set? That makes sense.

So the culture line in portraits.gfx ensures that you get the right clothes so say a German duke who looks like his Arab mother does wear his father's clothing set? That makes sense.

Yes, and I hopefully made it to work for all cultures...I haven't tested it for long, I'm working at breackneck speed here trying to get some stuff done. Will soon post a new skin tone that might work for one of the muslim cultures, and ask what people think about it. I'm not quite satisfied so feedback is good. :happy:

Skin option 1. Might be used for Andalusians... These are mostly random generated courtiers via intrigue sporting the new skin. What should I change about it?

For a fast comparison I attached another screen to show how the standard white skin tone looks like too.

Attachments

• newskin.png
    newskin.png
    201,3 KB · Views: 37
  • BLCharacters.jpg
    BLCharacters.jpg
    75,5 KB · Views: 34
So I used the editor to create a custom swedish count in Italy and bam, once I start playing, his clothes change. Now, I actually have noticed that this happens quite regularly during the course of a game so I didn't care that much, but it also happened that my count now had a mustache D: !!!! Fine, fine, it's not that big of a deal and I actually didn't care much, but I wonder if it's a bug or something?

also, I'm using CK2+ latest everything, but thought it was probably something due to BLC since it had never happened to me before when it wasn't included in CK2+. I also have all DLCs.

So I used the editor to create a custom swedish count in Italy and bam, once I start playing, his clothes change. Now, I actually have noticed that this happens quite regularly during the course of a game so I didn't care that much, but it also happened that my count now had a mustache D: !!!! Fine, fine, it's not that big of a deal and I actually didn't care much, but I wonder if it's a bug or something?

also, I'm using CK2+ latest everything, but thought it was probably something due to BLC since it had never happened to me before when it wasn't included in CK2+

1) if you look at ruler DLC when customizing a ruler you will notice it says "Visualize" over clothes etc...the game automatically chooses appropriate clothes for your characters, it does not matter what you select there.

2)I have implemented rather complex rules on cultural facial hair, and that affects the facial hair of characters, sadly again the ruler DLC does not take that into account so you'll get some other facial hair in game, although according to cultural rules so for example a Norman will probably be cleanshaven, a Byzantine will have a beard, a Saxon a moustache etc...

Skin option 1. Might be used for Andalusians... These are mostly random generated courtiers via intrigue sporting the new skin. What should I change about it?

For a fast comparison I attached another screen to show how the standard white skin tone looks like too.

Looks nice. The standard pale skintone seems a bit off for the Andalusians in the current mod, who have a few centuries of North African leadership in their genetic history. Another thought might be to use the Muslim portrait set eyes for the women - due to the different use of eyeliner and other ornamentation around the eyes in these cultures.

What did you have planned for your Berber skintone? The standard Muslim portraits but with lighter skin color? Sort of the opposite of what you are doing with the Andalusians?

For now I think I'll keep the Berbers as implemented...a mixture of western/muslim stuff, I think they're ok in that aspect just the skin needs adjusting. With the current Berber implementation you can make both a Zidane and a Qaddafi, so I'm not displeased. :p -just the skin needs work, I'm looking at pictures and fiddling with it atm, hopefully I'll have something decent looking later to show.

Thanks for the muslim female eyes idea mate. I'll look into it, I had not noticed they had different makeup.

Another skin color: (and western comparison)

Attachments

• skin2.png
    skin2.png
    164,2 KB · Views: 34
  • BLCharacters.jpg
    BLCharacters.jpg
    75,5 KB · Views: 26
3)a skin set for........Byzantines. Yes, I'm thinking of...tanning them just a bit - that's very tricky to do right.

Yay!

Coupled with the new clothes set I released they should really look different.:cool: Sadly it's very hard to come up with a good skin tone, the way stuff looks in editing software is not identical to the way it looks in game.:mad:

Hey Shantaya, thanks for working so hard on this!
I'm quite impressed.

As far as the skin options so far, between 1 and 2, 1 seems a bit better suited, tanned but not much, while the second option seems too relient on magenta, maybe...? (or maybe my monitor is screwed up, - in that case disconsider what I've said :rolleyes:)

Hey Shantaya, thanks for working so hard on this!
I'm quite impressed.

As far as the skin options so far, between 1 and 2, 1 seems a bit better suited, tanned but not much, while the second option seems too relient on magenta, maybe...? (or maybe my monitor is screwed up, - in that case disconsider what I've said :rolleyes:)

Well I don't like either that much tbh. :unsure: Still tweaking...and while foxing it up, I came up with a skin tone that I think is almost perfect for Egyptians:
*yes i know it's on western portraits i'm working on Byzantine skins at same time.

Attachments

• skin3egyptian.png
    skin3egyptian.png
    129,6 KB · Views: 32
That's great! Very good job!

Thank you. :cool:

And finally a skin I like...I might use this one as a temporary solution to my muslim cultures:

Attachments

• muslimskin1.png
    muslimskin1.png
    119,6 KB · Views: 25
I'm almost done with implementing the new skin for Andalusians... Almost 2am soon, so I'll finish tomorrow, but I want to leave this screenshot posted before I go sleep so people can tell me their opinions:

Attachments

• andalusiannewgfx.png
    andalusiannewgfx.png
    132,2 KB · Views: 27
I'm almost done with implementing the new skin for Andalusians... Almost 2am soon, so I'll finish tomorrow, but I want to leave this screenshot posted before I go sleep so people can tell me their opinions:

The shadows on their cheeks looks weird... Is that something to do with the colouring?

Status
Not open for further replies.