• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

me987654

General
87 Badges
May 12, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome Gold
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Pride of Nations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • March of the Eagles
Note that almost all of these changes (other than a couple of minor sim layer changes) are a part of the dz Consolidated Company Commander mod. If you prefer a mod that is pretty close to vanilla, but with a reworked tactical layer then this mod is for you. If you'd like a much more in depth overhaul of the simulation layer as well as these tactical changes then you should check out dz consolidated company commander (note that as of right now changes to this mod are folded into that mod (and vice versa) when it comes to the tactical layer).

Link to dz consolidated company commander:

Changelog for 2.4:

Switched AI to use AI from dz Consolidated Company Commander
Permanent evasion switched to dz Permanent Evasion by movement
- Ace Pilot gives one Permanent evasion
- Permanent pips at the following movement breakpoints
- 140: 1
- 165: 2
- 190: 3
- 210: 4

Clustering set to 1/1/1

To hit light/medium/heavy/assault mech to 0/1/2/3 from 1/2/3/4

To hit light/medium/heavy/assault vehicle to 0/0/1/2 from 0/1/2/3

AC/2: +5 ammo per ton, -1 heat
AC/5: +5 ammo per ton, -2 heat
AC/10: +2 ammo per ton, -3 heat
AC/20: +1 ammo per ton, -4 heat
LRMs: Accuracy -1 for all
ML: +2 heat
SL: +1 heat
ER PPC: -5 heat
ERLL: -2 heat
LPL: -2 heat
ERSL: -2 heat
SPL: -2 heat

Fixed Commando and Spider Max head armor

Adjusted rarity of lostech in stores

Changelog for version 2.3:

Reverted ACE Pilot to only make 3 pips permanent for all weight classes.

Changelog for version 2.2:

ACE Pilot now makes the following number of pips permanent based on weight class 5/4/3/3 - Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault

ERML: -5 heat
ERLL: -3 heat

Lostech weapons now have a small chance to appear in shops where there is a black market or former star league presence

Changelog for version 2.1:

Side torso destruction no longer causes pilot injuries (makes heavier mechs a bit harder to kill and salvage 3 pieces of)

Ace Pilot now makes the last 3 pips of evasion permanent on a per turn basis (they can not be stripped by firing). (from Permanent Evasion / dz Consolidated Company Commander)

Changelog for version 2.0:

Slight change to evasion scaling:

"ToHitMovingPipUMs":
[
],

Juggernaut now also braces (from Better Juggernaut / dz Consolidated Company Commander)

Ace Pilot now makes the last 2 pips of evasion permanent on a per turn basis (they can not be stripped by firing). (from Permanent Evasion / dz Consolidated Company Commander)

Changelog for version 1.9:

Small nerfs to evasion (pips 4,5,6 are all one less in effectiveness and pips 5 and 6 are slightly harder to get)
"ToHitMovingPipUMs":
[
],

[
],

Changelog for version 1.8:

Lostech buffs:

ERPPC = +10 stab, +25% critical
ERLL = +70 optimal range, +50% critical
ERML = +50% critical
ERSL = +50% critical

Nerf precision shot acccuracy bonus:
"ToHitOffensivePush": -2 (from -4)
Increase precision shot cost:
"OffensivePushCost": 35, (from 30)
"OffensivePushLowMoraleCost": 45, (from 40)
"OffensivePushHighMoraleCost": 25, (from 20)

Increase vigilance cost:
"DefensivePushCost": 35, (from 30)
"DefensivePushLowMoraleCost": 45, (from 40)
"DefensivePushHighMoraleCost": 25, (from 20)

All chassis +15 stability (formula now 90 + (tonnage/2))

"PilotingBaseFloor": 0.8, (from 0.9) (melee is slightly more difficult)

Tactics skills that reduce minimum range changed to reductions to the minimum range to hit penalty.
The base minimum range to hit penalty is +8, the first skill reduces this to +6 and the second kill reduces it to +4

Further encouraging the AI to shoot at evasive targets.

{
/* Evasive "to hit" floor - if the to-hit is below this
percentage (0.0 - 100.0), only shoot a single
"conservative" shot. Note: ignored for attackers that
are not mechs. */
"k" : "Float_EvasiveToHitFloor",
"v" : {
"type": "Float",
"floatVal" : 20.0,
}
},

Called Shot Master multiplier to 2.5 (from 2.6)

Changelog for version 1.7:

Now Modtek compatible!

LRM stability damage un-nerfed back to stock (2 per missile).

+/++/+++ LRMs rebalanced to have the following bonuses:

Acc +1
Range +90m
Critical +25%
Acc +2
Acc +1, Range +90m
Critical +50%
Acc +1, Critical +25%
Acc +2, Critical +50%

Max Accuracy Bonus for all +/++/+++ weapons is now +2 (from +3)

Default Unsteady Threshold to 61 (from 41)
Unsteady Threshold +1 to 71 (from 61)

Damaged Weapons are slightly less accurate:
"ToHitSelfWeaponDamaged": 3

Evasive pip distance tweak:

"ToHitMovingTargetDistances":
[
],

Made AI slightly more likely to fire at highly evasive targets:

/* Evasive "to hit" floor - if the to-hit is below this
percentage (0.0 - 100.0), only shoot a single
"conservative" shot. Note: ignored for attackers that
are not mechs. */
"k" : "Float_EvasiveToHitFloor",
"v" : {
"type": "Float",
"floatVal" : 30.0,
}

Changelog for version 1.6:

SRM stability nerf removed
Called shot mastery multiplier to 2.6 (from 2.7)

Completely Rebalanced all Actuators and TTS
See modded mods tab here for details:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1czVp890OHFcFQJclxe6G3Esvo6qJnshfI8RHyD1a_R4/edit?usp=sharing

Changelog for version 1.5:

Improved Called shot multiplier to 2 (from 2.4)
Called Shot mastery multiplier to 2.7 (from 3.75)

All chassis stability to 75 + (tonnage/2)

AC/2 +5 stability damage
AC/5 +5 stability damage
AC/10 + 5 stability damage
AC/20 + 10 stability damage
Gauss Rifle +5 damage

Changelog for version 1.4:

Stability set to 100 + (tonnage/2): rounding up where necessary. Stability was simply too high before and very few knockdowns were happening.

Changelog for version 1.3:

Slightly un-nerfed gunnery skill progression (max is no +20% instead of +16%)

Added +1 to hit penalty for movement (includes jumping)

Changed spotter/sensor range to 400/500

AI can now be inspired

AI is now more likely to fire multiple weapons with lower hit chances

Changelog for version 1.2:

Improved Evasion:

All evasion pips are now easier to get (Any movement will give you at least 1 pip):

[
],

Evasion pips 4,5 and 6 are more effective.

"ToHitMovingPipUMs":
],

Changelog for version 1.1:

LRM 15: Heat +1

Changes:

Base weapon balance:

AC/2:+5 damage, + 5 stability, +5 Ammo per ton
AC/5: +5 stability, +5 Ammo per ton
AC/10: +10 damage, +10 stability, +2 Ammo per ton
AC/20: + 10 stability, Heat -4, +1 Ammo per ton
SRM2: Heat -2
SRM4: Heat +1
LRM5: Acc -1
LRM10: Heat -2, Acc -1
LRM15: Heat +1, Acc -1
LRM20: Heat +2, Acc -1
PPC: Damage +5, Heat -5
L Laser Damage +5, Heat +6

Gauss: +5 damage

ER PPC: Dmg +5, Heat -15, Stability +10, +25% crit
ER LL: Dmg +5, Heat +3, Critical +50%, +70m optimal range
LPL: Dmg +5, Heat -12, Ignore 2 evasion pips
ERML: Heat -10, Critical +50% crit
MPL: Heat -4, Ignore 2 evasion pips
ERSLL: Heat -9, Critical +50%
SPL: Heat -4, Ignore 2 evasion pips

A table showing how all these changes impact balance is here (modded base weapons tab)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1czVp890OHFcFQJclxe6G3Esvo6qJnshfI8RHyD1a_R4/edit?usp=sharing

All +/++/+++ weapons have been re-balanced as well. Bonuses have been normalized so we no longer have some weapons getting 50% damage bonuses while others get 20% (or even less)

The same sheet details all the changes (Modded + Weapons tab)

Completely Rebalanced all Actuators and TTS
See modded mods tab here for details:

The AI has been buffed fairly significantly using the AI from dz Consolidated Company Commander

Additional changes:

Un-nerfed AI Critical Chance: Multiplier is now 1.0 instead of .2

Clustering for LRMs has been reduced:
"ClusterChanceOriginalLocationMultiplier": 1 (from 8)
"ClusterChanceAdjacentMultiplier": 1 (from 4)

Indirect fire penalty increased from 3 to 5 (you can no longer fully cancel it out with tactics)

Tactics skills that reduce minimum range changed to reductions to the minimum range to hit penalty.
The base minimum range to hit penalty is +8, the first skill reduces this to +6 and the second kill reduces it to +4

Hitting targets in cover/obstructed is now slightly harder: increased penalty from 2 to 3

To hit penalties for mechs increased:
"ToHitAssault": 0, (from 0)
"ToHitHeavy": 1, (from 0)
"ToHitMedium": 2, (from 1)
"ToHitLight": 3, (from 2)

To hit penalties for vehicles increased:
"ToHitVehicleAssault": 0, (from 0)
"ToHitVehicleHeavy": 0, (from 0)
"ToHitVehicleMedium": 1, (from 0)
"ToHitVehicleLight": 2, (from 0)

To penalties added for movement:
"ToHitSelfWalkLight": 1,
"ToHitSelfWalkMedium": 1,
"ToHitSelfWalkHeavy": 1,
"ToHitSelfWalkAssault": 1,
"ToHitSelfWalkVehicle": 1,

AI can be inspired:
"CanAIBeInspired": true,

"ToHitOffensivePush": -2

Morale abilities are more expensive:
"OffensivePushCost": 35,
"OffensivePushLowMoraleCost": 45,
"OffensivePushHighMoraleCost": 25,
"DefensivePushCost": 35,
"DefensivePushLowMoraleCost": 45,
"DefensivePushHighMoraleCost": 25,

All evasion pips are now easier to get (Any movement will give you at least 1 pip):

[
],

Evasion pips 5 and 6 are more effective:

"ToHitMovingPipUMs":
[
],

All chassis stability values set to 90 + tonnage/2 (rounding up when needed) (for example a Locust now has 100 stability points and an Atlas has 140... all mechs are at 100 in stock)

Catapult-C1 added 1 more missile hardpoint on each arm

Trebuchet max CT armor fixed (changed to 160 from 120.. the stock value is an error)

Increased sensor and spotter range
Base Spotter distance =400
base sensor distance = 500

Nerfed gunnery skill progression to a max of 20% gain by modifying the Gunnery divisor (each level now gives 2% gain instead of 2.5%)
Gunnery Divisor changed to 50

Improved Called shot multiplier to 2 (from 2.4)
Called Shot mastery multiplier to 2.5 (from 3.75)

"PilotingBaseFloor": 0.8, (from 0.9) (melee is slightly more difficult)

Default Unsteady Threshold to 61 (from 41)
Unsteady Threshold +1 to 71 (from 61)

Damaged Weapons are slightly less accurate:
"ToHitSelfWeaponDamaged": 3

Juggernaut now also braces

Faster mechs now get pips of permanent evasion (140 - 1, 165 -2, 190 - 3, 210 - 4)

ACE Pilot now makes 1 pip of evasion permanent (for the rest of that turn) after moving.

Lostech weapons now have a small chance to appear in shops where there is a black market or former star league presence

Side torso destruction no longer causes pilot injuries

Increased the number and variety of contracts:
"MaxContractsPerSystem" : 6,
"ContractRenewalPerWeek" : 1,
"ContractDifficultyVariance" : 5,

5 parts to salvage a mech
"DefaultMechPartMax": 5

Starting lance changed to:
Blackjack
Panther
Jenner
Commando 1B
Spyder

Last edited:
This is amazing. I'm going to fold you into the collective. One of us...

I've been looking for a good balance mod to incorporate into my Modpack. I looked at all of the options out there and essentially crafted some balance from them. I have felt that part of the Mod Pack could use some tuning, and you've obviously spent a lot of time and thought on this!

This is amazing. I'm going to fold you into the collective. One of us...

I've been looking for a good balance mod to incorporate into my Modpack. I looked at all of the options out there and essentially crafted some balance from them. I have felt that part of the Mod Pack could use some tuning, and you've obviously spent a lot of time and thought on this!

I've definitely tweaked the numbers quite a bit over time. The weapon stuff is the most solid as I've been testing that for a looong time (although the +/++/+++ stuff is more recent)

Since you're familiar with NexusMods and weapon modding, if you haven't seen the Battletech Weapon Editor. Is makes life soooo much easier.

Some questions and comments on your mod:

I like your balance choices for +/++/+++ very much. Those definitely needed to be reigned in. I'd like to see a part of your spreadsheet to see the changes like you did with the Modified Base weapons. Basically, just a Mod column. It's not a big deal, though, as I just copied them into my own Excel to compare, but it would be nice. :)

I applied some minor heat buffs to the AC weapons to bring them in line with the energy weapons when ammo and heat sinks are taken into account. It also helps to make them even more desirable in warm environments compared to energy. Any similar thoughts?

I've toyed with the idea of pulses ignoring evasion pips. I ended up going with a buff to accuracy instead, but I prefer your idea!

What are your thoughts on the AI mod? I looked over that thread before but would like to hear the your opinion on it and also how well it works with your weapon mod. I've always liked including AI improvements to mods, but I haven't had the chance to delve in and check that out before putting it in my Mod Pack.

I like that you also nerfed missile clustering! I went with 4/3/2 in mine. I see you came to a very similar conclusion with 4/2/1. I was assuming that these values were straight fractions (i.e. 4/9 vs. 8/13 to hit the same place). Comparison between the three different values:

Vanilla: 62% / 30.8% / 7.7%
Yours: 57% / 28.6% / 14 %
Mine: 44% / 33% / 22%

I was originally going to go with your scattering numbers, but wanted to make them spread out even further. Cutting the first two in half didn't have as big of an impact as I would have wanted!

Is indirect fire still useful at all with a +2 increase in to-hit? That makes a double nerf to missiles with stability nerfs as well (which, honestly, might be very justified).

Your To-Hit penalty buff for different weight classes is also interesting. With the nerf to gunnery and the buff to evasion do you think it becomes too hard to hit sometimes?

What exactly does ContractDifficultyVariance do?

5 parts to salvage a mech is pretty intense! Since I use the JK_Variants pack I think this would make me never able to piece a mech together. ;)

Love the change to starting mechs. I've been using almost the same exact thing but with a Locust instead of Commando. I really should change it to Commando since I love that mech...

Note that I'm still playing around with some of the contract settings. You may see a few less contracts early game because the variance is much higher than the stock game.

One more: did you manually change all of the chassis stability settings? I noticed you packed the mechs into your mod so I'm guessing that's it. Can I interest you in... this? https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/128

Make your life easier by having others do the coding for you. ;)

Some questions and comments on your mod:

I like your balance choices for +/++/+++ very much. Those definitely needed to be reigned in. I'd like to see a part of your spreadsheet to see the changes like you did with the Modified Base weapons. Basically, just a Mod column. It's not a big deal, though, as I just copied them into my own Excel to compare, but it would be nice. :)

I applied some minor heat buffs to the AC weapons to bring them in line with the energy weapons when ammo and heat sinks are taken into account. It also helps to make them even more desirable in warm environments compared to energy. Any similar thoughts?

I've toyed with the idea of pulses ignoring evasion pips. I ended up going with a buff to accuracy instead, but I prefer your idea!

What are your thoughts on the AI mod? I looked over that thread before but would like to hear the your opinion on it and also how well it works with your weapon mod. I've always liked including AI improvements to mods, but I haven't had the chance to delve in and check that out before putting it in my Mod Pack.

I like that you also nerfed missile clustering! I went with 4/3/2 in mine. I see you came to a very similar conclusion with 4/2/1. I was assuming that these values were straight fractions (i.e. 4/9 vs. 8/13 to hit the same place). Comparison between the three different values:

Vanilla: 62% / 30.8% / 7.7%
Yours: 57% / 28.6% / 14 %
Mine: 44% / 33% / 22%

I was originally going to go with your scattering numbers, but wanted to make them spread out even further. Cutting the first two in half didn't have as big of an impact as I would have wanted!

Is indirect fire still useful at all with a +2 increase in to-hit? That makes a double nerf to missiles with stability nerfs as well (which, honestly, might be very justified).

Your To-Hit penalty buff for different weight classes is also interesting. With the nerf to gunnery and the buff to evasion do you think it becomes too hard to hit sometimes?

What exactly does ContractDifficultyVariance do?

5 parts to salvage a mech is pretty intense! Since I use the JK_Variants pack I think this would make me never able to piece a mech together. ;)

Love the change to starting mechs. I've been using almost the same exact thing but with a Locust instead of Commando. I really should change it to Commando since I love that mech...

I actually have been meaning to put a mod column in for the +/++/+++ weapons - you will notice I do have 3 tabs for them... which shows them stock, with the base weapon mods and then with mods to their bonuses... so it's at least pretty easy to see what changed. It was funny, I've had the base weapon stuff done for quite awhile (other than a few relatively minor recent tweaks)... and I was playing and realizing that the +/++/+++ weapons were as big (if not a bigger) problem than the base weapon values. Some of the +/++/+++ weapons were just absurd. The missiles are actually still really good even with the nerfs.

I don't think A/Cs really need anymore of a buff to heat. They are already more efficient (as you can see in the spreadsheet) than the PPC and LL as it is. The big AC/s also have really good stab damage. Keep in mind too that the AC/2 becomes even better when mounted in pairs as you don't need more ammo.

The AI is much better... I basically mostly used Amechwarriors changes (that still applied) from the beta. Honestly just enabling reserving makes the largest difference as it prevents all kinds of cheesy player tactics.

A lot of the stuff I did was pretty well thought out... the clustering changes? LOL, I just cut the numbers in half - I didn't even do the math to check percentages.... so that one could use some tweaking.

Indirect fire is definitely somewhat worse now and you can't totally cancel it out with tactics.. but it's still very useful. Earlier in the game you can still do some nice damage to those hard to hit fast lights even at 30 and 40% to hit. Keep in mind that there are LRMs with +1 and +3 to accuracy now (I've been going back and forth on weather the + weapons should be +1/+2 or +1/+3 on Accuracy... sticking with +1/+3 for now). You can definitely still rain death on people... it's just not way better than everything else anymore (IMO). Eliminating LRM bonus damage really helped because that was honestly one of the most OP things in the game (+50% damage from indirect fire!).

It's definitely harder to hit stuff (as it should be :))... but I've been doing a lot of tweaking on this. I originally has just lowered the overall gunnery floor... but I found this was really hard to scale. Instead now I've nerfed the gunnery skill progression. Everyone is going to have trouble hitting light mechs with a lot of pips now... but that is IMO how it should be. I think what I've settled on now works pretty well. (YMMV obviously). It was fully intentional to make it harder to hit stuff though - and in particular to make evasion more effective

Contract Difficulty Variance allows for much more varied contract difficulty... so you can find harder missions earlier on and easy missions late game (if you want to play with lights or whatever). I honestly haven't tested it that much yet... but a lot of others recommended going with 5 or 6.

The 5 parts to salvage makes the early game harder and grindier..... but it also makes the mid game (IMO) much better since you don't fly into heavies so fast. Some people might not like the grind and I think it's more of a personal taste thing.

As a general note to anyone interested in this mod. The early game is longer and grindier (that is intentional).

If you want to speed this up feel free to revert back your starting lance and/or change back mech parts needed for salvage to 3.

(I'd be happy to send anyone the settings to do this over PM if needed)

Is this mod compatible with the JK Variants mod?

It's all JSON edits so in theory you could use it with anything.

However, I think you'd probably need to modify the stability of the mech chassis he's added to make them 100 + tonnage. You'd probably also want to not use any weapon changes he's made

What's in the new version?

It's all JSON edits so in theory you could use it with anything.

However, I think you'd probably need to modify the stability of the mech chassis he's added to make them 100 + tonnage. You'd probably also want to not use any weapon changes he's made

They are compatible, but me987654 is right - it does require a little work. I have the complete weapon changes from this mod and some of the other things he did incorporated into my Modpack along with JK's variants. Since I use a .dll to do the same thing with mech stability I didn't have to modify the mech files but you would for this mod. The weapon changes do have to be done manually, though, if you want to use them. I just modified them to be in line with how they should compare to the stock weapons.

Heck, I'll attach what I have so you can use it and modify it if you want. This .zip file has a ModTek loader enabled and the modified weapons. It does NOT have the modified stabilities so you could do that yourself if you wanted. Just unpack the folder into your mod folder and you'll be all set.

This file is the patched 1.03a.

Attachments

• JK_Variants_Loader.zip
    222,4 KB · Views: 18