• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

perry7484

Lo Rei dels Libres
70 Badges
Apr 13, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
TiyJhNL.png

### About the Mod###

Avenrayne is set in a fictitious world whose history in in many ways similar to ours. Carve out your own realm against the backdrop of diplomacy, war, and intrigue. Delve into the far-off reaches of the map - and remember, have fun! As of the time I'm writing this, the mod primarily features the petty states left after the fall and near-collapse of the last great empire - Capraccia.

### The World ###

Still very WIP in places, but here are some early screenies:

cjnnD1d.jpg

L7pdfzp.jpg

### Dev Diaries ###

Dev Diary I - The Lords of Rayne

### Download Links ###

Coming Soon ;)

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'd be happy to help!

Reactions:
It sure looks interesting, I like this kind of creative stuff.
Could you please tell us more about it?
Is this some kind of fantasy world, or more of a realistic one? Is this inspired from anything?

I could help you localize it in French if you're interested and maybe even with the story part if you need any. Sadly I have no skill whatsoever in scripting.
I'll keep a close eye on this :)

Looks very cool! Going to follow it

Very interesting ! Do you plan to add a magic system ? (my little tentation)

Good luck for your mod ! :)

It sure looks interesting, I like this kind of creative stuff.
Could you please tell us more about it?
Is this some kind of fantasy world, or more of a realistic one? Is this inspired from anything?

I could help you localize it in French if you're interested and maybe even with the story part if you need any. Sadly I have no skill whatsoever in scripting.
I'll keep a close eye on this :)

C'est très excellent! While I do know some basic French, c'est vraiment pas parfait et j'apprécierai beaucoup d'aide! :)

As of right now the world is primarily a realistic one (may make a sub-mod for those who want a more 'mystic' game later.) Most of the cultures are based off of real ones or some variant thereof (Rayne - French, Capraccian - Roman, Nordlander - Old Norse, Southron (Exists after 1110) - Overly-Normanized England)

Reactions:
Awesome, I'd love to work with you! What are your modding strenghts?

Thanks! I am competent with landed titles, but am willing to work on anything.

Good luck!

This certainly looks like a unique and interesting world you have created, I look forward to seeing where this mod goes!

Reactions:
### Dev Diary I - The Lords of Rayne ###

Hello, everybody! As I continue to work on the map and the flags, there is one region already rife with historical intrigue... Rayne.
During older times, this region was an integral part of the Capraccian Empire. However, as internal strife weakened Imperial hold over its provinces, its hold on Renia was shattered. After a few generations, several powerful lords banded together to form the Empire of Renia - this agreement was loose, and largely for their own mutual protection. As time wore on, however, a new wave of dissatisfaction and religious turmoil shattered Renia - Now known as Rayne.

State of Political Affairs in Rayne, 769
xBNf1mn.png

Today, several fairly stable kingdoms remain - although none currently have sworn their allegiance to the current Empress of Rayne, Her Majesty Lucienne De Nours. The religious fervor hasn't ceased, either - Cathar and Christian rulers rage against one another, even as their long-forgotten ancestors' gods near their final breaths.

State of Religious Affairs in Rayne, 769
5S4E2AW.png

Despite this sorry state of things, Rayne has remained a vital stopping point along several trade routes, thus bringing much wealth to some regional centres.

State of Trade Affairs in Rayne, 769

fniAnpV.png

### For the Future ###
I could still use some more help with making Flags. And just as a reminder, I'm still in the process of tweaking some corners of the map. Some parts may not be 100% the like they are now by the time an Alpha is released - Especially in less fleshed-out areas of the map.

NOTE: If you have any questions, comments or feedback, you guys are always welcome to comment or message me! And as always, have a good one!

Reactions:
Nice to see an update, it's something of a heartbreaker all of the total conversion mods that get started and then peter out.

Perhaps consider opening another thread specifically for flag requests, or maybe asking one of the larger mod teams for help.

Some more info about the world would be nice, incidentally - for example, what other religions are present? Are they all real-world ones, or are their some fictional ones? What's the explanation for Christianity being present in another world, and has this caused any change in Christianity (such as adaptation for the presumed lack of a Jerusalem or Rome).

Nice to see an update, it's something of a heartbreaker all of the total conversion mods that get started and then peter out.

Perhaps consider opening another thread specifically for flag requests, or maybe asking one of the larger mod teams for help.

Some more info about the world would be nice, incidentally - for example, what other religions are present? Are they all real-world ones, or are their some fictional ones? What's the explanation for Christianity being present in another world, and has this caused any change in Christianity (such as adaptation for the presumed lack of a Jerusalem or Rome).

As of right now I don't know 100% of which religions will be here and which won't - after all, the map isn't finished yet - but for right now I'm sticking to vanilla religions. For example, Rayne is mostly Christian with a couple Helenic Pagan or Jewish enclaves up in the mountains. To the east are the Orthodox Varodeasca (going for Romanian), the Catholic Arsiziana, Hellenic Capraccia (not dead yet but only has four provinces..... and three are islands)... Costa do Sol is Zun Pagan; the Germanic-based cultures are Germanic Pagan. Essentially, it's similar to the real world except for Christian conversion being a little slower than our timeline)

TL;DR version: Just vanilla faiths so far. Christians and their various sects and heresies in the south, Pagan further out... So far there's one Sunni province in the world (I made my own version of Egypt/Arabia though, so Muslims will be present -- just not to as great an extent as vanilla CK2.)

However, I'm still working on Holy Sites for the religions -- I've given the Christians Rayne, Capraccia & Nikosia as placeholder Holy Sites until I figure out better ones. (These kinda-sorta maybe correspond to vanilla Ile-de-France, Rome and Constantinople, respectively)

I love the detail that has been put into the map, and I very much wish that I was capable of creating such a map myself.
I certainly hope this mod does not die! I can see the potential from miles away.

### Event Modder Needed ###

In order to stabilize the mod a little more, we need someone who can handle editing vanilla events to work with the mod (mostly involves changing landed titles/province ID/culture lines in events)

To those who are interested, and those with questions (about events or the mod in general), I await your reply! Vivat Renia! (Vive la Rayne!)

Reactions:
Hey, man, nice work on the map. The mod sounds quite interesting and if you manage to replicate the feel of the de jure/ethnical/religious fluctuations that give the European Middle Ages (and hence the CK2 game) their strong flavor, then you might have a winner there. I'm happy to help with whatever I can on the *.txt side of things. I'm not great with events but I'll have a go at making the vanilla ones compatible with the mod's own "entities", if you want.