• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree with you proposals ;)
The best would be that for some religions, you don't gain prestige by raiding but lose it ( for catholics that should be the best way )

I agree with you proposals ;)
The best would be that for some religions, you don't gain prestige by raiding but lose it ( for catholics that should be the best way )

Sadly we cant make prestige gain religion based as their is only 1 value in the defines.txt for it. Now what we can do is make it really small over all, like 0.1 since in 1066 the major raid days of the norse had ended and I think a prestige bonus is a little unneeded now.

Hmmm.....
What could we say .... :D
Form my part it's still WIP but now I will have many more time to go on my part.
Still no news of Major :(
Thanks for the news. :)

Is Atlantis' shape finalized? Maybe you could use this old interactive AAR as an inspiration for the map, if it's not too late. Personally I find it somewhat more beautiful; the cultures/religions too are quite interesting.
You shouldn't have to change the established history, just adjust the locations of the main events and kingdoms, like Poseidonis, the Lombard-Frankish invasion sites, etc.

Anyway good luck for this mod, I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
This is the default looting effect.

Code:
TAX_TO_LOOT_MULTIPLIER = 1.0,					-- Lootable gold per tax 
	FORT_LOOT_DEFENCE_MULTIPLIER = 4.0,				-- Loot protected gold per fortlevel
	LOOTABLE_GOLD_REGROWTH = 0.025,					-- Percent of max lootable gold that regrows every month
	LOOT_PERCENT_PER_LOOTTICK = 0.04,				-- Percent of max lootable gold that is looted each loot tick
	TPC_TO_LOOT_MULTIPLIER = 0.1,					-- Max loot in a navy is max troops * this
	LOOTER_SHIP_MAINT_MULT = 0.1,					-- Religions that have looting have lower ship maintenance costs
	LOOT_PRESTIGE_MULT = 1.0,						-- Whenever you gain loot you also get prestige related to the loot
	LOOT_EVERY_X_DAYS = 4,							-- Loot every this many days
	LOOT_IDEAL_MIN_TROOPS = 500,					-- Minimum troops for maximum loot, less than this scales down the amount looted

Here is my idea for a modification.

Code:
TAX_TO_LOOT_MULTIPLIER = 1.0,					-- Lootable gold per tax 
	FORT_LOOT_DEFENCE_MULTIPLIER = 4.0,				-- Loot protected gold per fortlevel
	LOOTABLE_GOLD_REGROWTH = 0.025,					-- Percent of max lootable gold that regrows every month
	LOOT_PERCENT_PER_LOOTTICK = 0.02,				-- Percent of max lootable gold that is looted each loot tick
	TPC_TO_LOOT_MULTIPLIER = 0.1,					-- Max loot in a navy is max troops * this
	LOOTER_SHIP_MAINT_MULT = 0.1,					-- Religions that have looting have lower ship maintenance costs
	LOOT_PRESTIGE_MULT = 0.1,						-- Whenever you gain loot you also get prestige related to the loot
	LOOT_EVERY_X_DAYS = 8,							-- Loot every this many days
	LOOT_IDEAL_MIN_TROOPS = 500,					-- Minimum troops for maximum loot, less than this scales down the amount looted

Yeah I think it will be better.

Also it's completely another thing but I can't run my modded files. I mean I created a mod file a folder etc... but when I launch it : nothing. It's the standard game. Maybe someone would have an explanation

Yeah I think it will be better.

Also it's completely another thing but I can't run my modded files. I mean I created a mod file a folder etc... but when I launch it : nothing. It's the standard game. Maybe someone would have an explanation

When has this started happening? After TOG? If it was after TOG you should copy over the entire common folder and add it to your mods common folder since that is likely why its not starting.

Thanks for the news. :)

Is Atlantis' shape finalized? Maybe you could use this old interactive AAR as an inspiration for the map, if it's not too late. Personally I find it somewhat more beautiful; the cultures/religions too are quite interesting.
You shouldn't have to change the established history, just adjust the locations of the main events and kingdoms, like Poseidonis, the Lombard-Frankish invasion sites, etc.

Anyway good luck for this mod, I'm looking forward to it.
Any opinion on this?

I agree with proposals about raiding.I want to see dds from you guys!It is so unfortunate that major has some time to comment but he will recover

I think, and this is just a theory, that Major Top was the leader of this project and has been MIA for a while. Their hands are tied without him and they can't move forward with the mod. Which is a pity, because this does look very shiny.

Anywho, in situations like this, I am reminded of a song that is very close to my heart.

Ground Control to Major Top. Your circuit’s dead, there’s something wrong.

Can you hear me, Major Top?

MrWeRD nailed it right there, Major top had all the important map files and ideas and we just have a whats been said in this thread. Since its his mod we cant really do anything since he ultimatly has final say, unfortunatly he is not here so we cannot really do anything.

I think that it would be a great idea if he returned to ask him to upload some of th eimportant files aka map and general concept to be able to continue during the periods when he is abscent because of real life matters but if he does not return anytime soon I have some ideas too to get this project on the road again! :happy:

Well, if this ever does happen, I will be eager to try it.