• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for all the substantive answers, Arko!

I think you should make a Makedon dynasty coat of arms, even if it's just a typical Roman eagle or something of the sort.

I understand the business with the ermine, that makes sense. I see where you're coming from there.

It still seems like there's a bit of variety lacking in the CoA designer in the ruler creator tool, as far as typical Medieval symbols on the arms are concerned, like lion rampant, spread eagle, horse, etc. But that's just my opinion. :) Either way, your work is well appreciated!

As far as those who have tested go... Is this compatible with the beta patch 1.101?

Thanks for all the substantive answers, Arko!
I think you should make a Makedon dynasty coat of arms, even if it's just a typical Roman eagle or something of the sort.

I'll see what i can find^^

It still seems like there's a bit of variety lacking in the CoA designer in the ruler creator tool, as far as typical Medieval symbols on the arms are concerned, like lion rampant, spread eagle, horse, etc. But that's just my opinion. :) Either way, your work is well appreciated!

horse is not that common in fact. I've search a lot of time correct (and not too hard to work with) models for eagles and lions, that I now have. well, the basic sets need a big overhaul and that will come at some points among my other modding projects ;)

As far as those who have tested go... Is this compatible with the beta patch 1.101?
not a CK2 Steam user so I am not invited to test this patch yet. well, no urge, I'll see this next week. from reading the changelog, it doesn't appear that the changes should cause problem.

I don't know if you noticed but your pictures don't work anymore.

yes thanks my photobucket account kinda crashed :D
I'm looking for a good alternative or I'll need to update to a paying account to not have the bandwidth limitation.

Looks good to me. A quick spot check doesn't show any blank COAs.
only newly added scripted dynastic coa can call some weird mix of textures in fact but i doubt it could srious issues like CTD.

I don't know if you noticed but your pictures don't work anymore.
repared^^

time to spoil another changed interface element^^

UGI5_zps004b44cb.png

Imgur? It's popular with Redditors for being quick and free.

photobucket is free too but you guy used too fast my sharing monthly free bandwidth it seems :D
well, i've updated my photobucket account as it was more practical not to jump to another site.

Hey Arko -- any chance you'll be making some CoA for the Hellenic Paganism religion? I'll understand if it's super low priority behind Norse and Zoroastrians and all that -- but it would be cool, for the historical Roman emperors if nothing else (but also for players who like using ruler designer). It'd go nicely with the "match CoA with title CoA" feature of the new beta patch.

Hey Arko -- any chance you'll be making some CoA for the Hellenic Paganism religion? I'll understand if it's super low priority behind Norse and Zoroastrians and all that -- but it would be cool, for the historical Roman emperors if nothing else (but also for players who like using ruler designer). It'd go nicely with the "match CoA with title CoA" feature of the new beta patch.

not exactly my heraldic knowledge part but i'll see what i can do with it.

In my opinion, those colors are a little too bright. A middle-ground between vanilla and those bright colors would pretty much be perfect.

Dark ages were a bright period :p

Dark ages were a bright period :p
Even just slightly reducing saturation does a lot to make it not stand out so much:
2j8P8Ya.jpg

I reduced overall saturation in the entire image to the right by 25. Obviously one would only apply it to the colored bits, but it works well as an example.

WAD. I've also suppressed the access of old emblems from vanilla for ruler designer as it interfered with the ermine bar feature. I've chosen to favour ingame features instead of ruler designer as both can't work well together^^

Is there a reason for the ermine bar (I haven't seen this in game, is it random when a new house generates a CoA?) and why would it be more prominent then other symbols? I would figure other colors and symbols would be as common or more common than ermine, is there a reason you chose it? Just curious, I have little knowledge of heraldry.