• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I reduced overall saturation in the entire image to the right by 25. Obviously one would only apply it to the colored bits, but it works well as an example.
yes, i had applied it only on the concerned zones and it is why it is tedious to rework it. so, if i can avoid it ;)

Is there a reason for the ermine bar (I haven't seen this in game, is it random when a new house generates a CoA?) and why would it be more prominent then other symbols? I would figure other colors and symbols would be as common or more common than ermine, is there a reason you chose it? Just curious, I have little knowledge of heraldry.

yes it pops on random coa at a very low rate.
it is the only symbol that doesn't break the color rules of heraldry as the emblem added as this on top don't check color rules so you can end with a gold lion on gold and other ugly things like we have in vanilla.
common symbols will progressevily grow in base patterns in the future.

basically, on medieval heraldry IIRC :
-1/3 is geometry (bars and such)
-1/3 is animal, 50% of animals are lions, 15% of animals are eagles
-1/3 is misc symbols (crosses, stars, little diamond shapes etc...)
I will try to achieve such model.

not exactly my heraldic knowledge part but i'll see what i can do with it.

hmmm -- yeah, the Roman shield pattern idea is great actually. They're probably same or similar to the designs in the Notitia Dignitatum (just google image search "Notitia Dignitatum" and you'll see a bunch of shields). And yeah since they're pagan, they'll be circular.

You could also consider gods and goddesses as emblems or something, dunno. Like an Athena head or something, like c_athens used to have.

Looking forward to it! :)

hmmm -- yeah, the Roman shield pattern idea is great actually. They're probably same or similar to the designs in the Notitia Dignitatum (just google image search "Notitia Dignitatum" and you'll see a bunch of shields). And yeah since they're pagan, they'll be circular.

You could also consider gods and goddesses as emblems or something, dunno. Like an Athena head or something, like c_athens used to have.

Looking forward to it! :)
Wow if Arko does that I would be overjoyed, would make my mod so uch more complete xD

Getting a bug where the map/unit colours aren't matching the title's colour. I'm currently playing an unreformed Norse pagan game.
View attachment 82636

Basically, the titles appear purple/magenta in the title/character pages but appear red on the map.

Last edited:
Arko is it possible to have your mod in a lite version? I find it very CPU heavy for some reason, I couldn't imagine it was your mod at first but after disabling it my CTDs were gone. Do you have details on this?

Anyone else having there game slows down with this mod? Maybe that's just me

Wow if Arko does that I would be overjoyed, would make my mod so uch more complete xD

Don't expect something very big for the extincted hellenic religion though. stuff used in game period have a higher priority and I can't dedicate any worktime to another mod ;)

Getting a bug where the map/unit colours aren't matching the title's colour. I'm currently playing an unreformed Norse pagan game.
View attachment 82636

Basically, the titles appear purple/magenta in the title/character pages but appear red on the map.

yep I nticed that too. some colours are rendered a bit differently on map and in interface tabs. there is no real solution apart from changing the colorset. (unless someone knows how to tweak the color rendering^).

@Arko: Have you had any luck making Pagan Empire CoAs look any good? I'm getting a black border around the CoA itself within its frame on the map due to the CoA itself being round while the frame is not.
Edit: Nevermind, it was NBRT+'s fault.

Last edited:
@Arko: Have you had any luck making Pagan Empire CoAs look any good? I'm getting a black border around the CoA itself within its frame on the map due to the CoA itself being round while the frame is not.

can you provide a screenshot please (i don't have ToG and not seen pagan empire yet ;) )
i remember having a similar problem but on all titles for christians if i turn them to always use random coa.

can you provide a screenshot please (i don't have ToG and not seen pagan empire yet ;) )
i remember having a similar problem but on all titles for christians if i turn them to always use random coa.
It was due to NBRT+ still having the old frames for Pagan titles, so I wasn't getting the proper round frame.
It now looks stellar:
XhZcAqt.jpg

@Arko: Something you might want to consider for the Pagan CoAs.
As you've probably noticed, they've got this ugly black border on the map. This is essentially due to inconsistent sizing on Paradox part, and I've reported it as a bug.
However, it can be mostly fixed by editing the plain_pagan.tga file. I've attached my version of this file.
In the screenshot below you can see the effect this has; the political map-mode parts of the screenshot show the effect of the edited plain_pagan.tga file.
YtQtKk1.jpg

Feel free to use the attached file in ARKO.

Attachments

• plain_pagan.7z
    893 bytes · Views: 5
Have you modified the dynasty CoA's for norse pagans? I find the vanilla ones really boring and similar.

since i have modified patterns for random coa, and dynasties actually them, yes, they are modified^^

How do you force random CoAs for pagans anyway?