Mod Announcement: Going To Add All Missing Varients

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HBS has never confirmed which variants are in or out; the only official statements they've made are on which chassis are in or out. The lists of "confirmed" variants you sometimes see are nothing more than the list of files that were present in the beta, so take that with a grain of salt until you see the actual final list.

One thing I will be curious about is if we can create variants that don't count as separate variants. What I mean by that is mechs that will have a different loadout than stock without being considered a separate variant. I am concerned that adding all of these variants will bloat the potential mech list such that it becomes very difficult to get the parts of a single variant. When possible I would like to create canon variants that have no change in hard points as... let's call them sub-variants.

For example, the UM-60L is an Urbanmech that swaps the AC/10 for an AC/20, only dropping armor to do so. This variant can easily be made with the R60's standard hardpoints. If both the R60 and R60L are unique variants it becomes harder to assemble either of them. If the R60L is a sub-variant of the the R60, effectively just an R60 with a different loadout, it doesn't dilute the chassis.

One thing I will be curious about is if we can create variants that don't count as separate variants. What I mean by that is mechs that will have a different loadout than stock without being considered a separate variant. I am concerned that adding all of these variants will bloat the potential mech list such that it becomes very difficult to get the parts of a single variant. When possible I would like to create canon variants that have no change in hard points as... let's call them sub-variants.

For example, the UM-60L is an Urbanmech that swaps the AC/10 for an AC/20, only dropping armor to do so. This variant can easily be made with the R60's standard hardpoints. If both the R60 and R60L are unique variants it becomes harder to assemble either of them. If the R60L is a sub-variant of the the R60, effectively just an R60 with a different loadout, it doesn't dilute the chassis.

I remember it's been said that some of the enemys use different loadouts from stock (although I haven't seen it on the stream), without it being a different variant. So maybe there is a mechanic in the release build we're not aware of that can be utilized to work around this problem.

I just want to take a moment to grovel and beg for the STK-5M Stalker hard point layout. I'll even provide a nice 3025 tech loadout for it that fits with the LORE of the STK-4N. The lore of the 4N is that the chassis frame was having stress weaknesses and that techs started having to remove 5-10 tons from the mech. I REALLY hate that the 4N removed an LRM launcher not a large laser. The STK-5M hard point layout just makes it look like the lore was to remove a heavy laser not a missile launcher.

Note: MWO did not sell a 5t light Stalker 4N. They just added 6 SHS in place of the LRM 10 and it's 1t of ammo.

Note: I'm not asking for a 5t light Stalker 5M. I would suggest 1 LL, 4 ML, 2 LRM 15, 2 SRM6. 1t of ammo per launcher, 21 SHS.

The STK-4N is still 85 tons per record sheets. The STK-4P is the one that is the structurally 'lighter' variant at 75 tons on its record sheet.

The STK-5M may possible if the Devs added the Narc Launcher, otherwise it would need to be added in somehow, which may not be possible. Although certainly it would be possible to create a 'fake' STK-5M(p) without the Narc.

I analyzed this once, and with the kind of minimal hardpoint inflation we've seen so far it should be possible to re-create about 50% of all variants, like the difference between the LCT-1V and LCT-1E. Others however are too radically different from the stock version to be constructed, like the HBK-4G and HBK-4J.

Regarding the Banshee-3S, I'm willing to bet by the time you get to Assaults in random gen contracts, its probably been more than a year anyways!

Indeed. This is why I'm interested to see if they added extra attributes in the json files specific to single-player in order to set availability of things, but I won't know until release day. Actually I'll be on vacation during release, so I won't have time to dig into game or the files until the week after.

Indeed. This is why I'm interested to see if they added extra attributes in the json files specific to single-player in order to set availability of things, but I won't know until release day. Actually I'll be on vacation during release, so I won't have time to dig into game or the files until the week after.
Cohh is already up to week 52 in his last stream, and he's only at 2.5 skull missions.

@Rhodium If I may ask, What was the missing fave Variant that inspired this project?
Sorry in advance if I missed it earlier in the thread.

Cohh is already up to week 52 in his last stream, and he's only at 2.5 skull missions.

Worth noting is that the game never seems to list an actual calender date. Just how many weeks it has been since the start of the campaign. So the game exists in a perpetual "around 3025" state no matter how long you play. So I'd say mechs within a few years of 3025 are fair game anyways.

Its also a great way of sidestepping the issue of the 4SW, War of 3039, and Clans.

Worth noting is that the game never seems to list an actual calender date. Just how many weeks it has been since the start of the campaign. So the game exists in a perpetual "around 3025" state no matter how long you play. So I'd say mechs within a few years of 3025 are fair game anyways.

Its also a great way of sidestepping the issue of the 4SW, War of 3039, and Clans.
Right up until someone plays the procgen missions enough that they hit Week 2080.

This is a commendable undertaking. I have a couple quick questions, will you continue HBS's hardpoint strategy (less is more), will these automatically be injected into the OpFor and stores, and will it be possible (easy) to exclude variants we may not want included?

[ edit: I was concerned about the inclusion of hero mechs, but looking back, I don't see any]

HBS has never confirmed which variants are in or out; the only official statements they've made are on which chassis are in or out. The lists of "confirmed" variants you sometimes see are nothing more than the list of files that were present in the beta, so take that with a grain of salt until you see the actual final list.

If that's the case, my job will be easier. If not, I'm properly prepared now to begin work on Launch day.

Just about to address this with an update on my plans

I just want to take a moment to grovel and beg for the STK-5M Stalker hard point layout. I'll even provide a nice 3025 tech loadout for it that fits with the LORE of the STK-4N. The lore of the 4N is that the chassis frame was having stress weaknesses and that techs started having to remove 5-10 tons from the mech. I REALLY hate that the 4N removed an LRM launcher not a large laser. The STK-5M hard point layout just makes it look like the lore was to remove a heavy laser not a missile launcher.

Note: MWO did not sell a 5t light Stalker 4N. They just added 6 SHS in place of the LRM 10 and it's 1t of ammo.

Note: I'm not asking for a 5t light Stalker 5M. I would suggest 1 LL, 4 ML, 2 LRM 15, 2 SRM6. 1t of ammo per launcher, 21 SHS.
No need to grovel. Also you're thinking of the Stalker 4P, the 4P is the one that removed the LRM to ease the stress on the mechs actuators. The 4N also removed an LRM10 but for the differing purpose of increasing cooling.

My hardpoint set up for the STK-3H is essentially a 5M with 2 support weapon hardpoints tac'd on.

Alright people here is an update from my reddit. I'm going to C&P it here.

Hello everybody, Rhodium here.

Just wanted to let you all know that on launch day I am going to undertake the task of adding in every single canonical in-timeline mech variant that's missing from the game (whose art assets are present, obviously), and I'm going to do it before I set foot into the single player. Each variant that's added will be fully integrated into the game's economy with hand-tooled, rarity, and backend battle values.

Now I have divided the variants I will be adding into two separate categories. The first will be composed of mechs that will get their own chassis file, and thus have their own hard-point layouts, and thus require you to obtain salvage parts for them separately; they will also have their variant tag visually displayed in the game. The second category is composed of variants that are little more than slight tweaks to another existing variant; these variants will essentially be implemented as alternate loadouts, that way you don't have to collect salvage for them separately. Unfortunately, as a side-effect of not having their own chassis file, they will not bare their own variant tag in the game, and will retain the variant tag of the variant whose chassis file they are using.

This is a compromise that has to be made in order to avoid gumming up your salvage pools with so many different mech pieces that you can't find three of a kind in a timely fashion. But don't fret, the alt-loadout based variants will still get unique rarity values, and battle values so they turn up in the right amounts and at the right times in your campaign.

Now without Further Ado, here are the mechs I will be bringing to you soon after Launch. Let's start with the mechs that are getting their own Chassis file; each of these will be receiving some hardpoint inflation to keep up with the vanilla HBS variants, so their hardpoints will be listed here. Feel free to critique my choices for inflation, I want the community to help decide what they ultimately get:

___________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________

LIGHT

Locust:

LCT-1E (4E, 2AP) - 2 Energy and 1 AP per arm.

LCT-3V (2E, 4AP) - 2 Energy CT, 2 AP per arm.

Spider:

SDR-5D (2E, 3AP) - 2 Energy and 1 AP CT, 1 AP per arm.

Firestarter:

FS9-K (3E, 2B, 5AP)- 3 Energy right arm, 3 AP left arm, 2 AP CT, 1 Ballistic per ST.

MEDIUM

Blackjack:

BJ-1X (4E, 4AP) - 1 Energy per ST, 1 Energy and 2 AP per arm; bigger engine.

BJ-1DB (6E) - 1 Energy per ST, 2 Energy per arm.

Vindicator:

VND-1AA (3E, 2M, 1AP) - 2 Energy right arm, 1 Energy head, 2 Missile LT, 1 AP left arm; bigger engine.

Centurion:

CN9-AH (2B, 2M, 2AP) - 2 Ballistic right arm, 2 Missile LT, 2 AP CT.

Hunchback:

HBK-4H (5E, 1B, 1AP) - 1 Ballistic 3 Energy RT, 1 Energy per arm, 1AP head.

HBK 4J (5E, 2M, 1AP) - 2 Missile 3 Energy RT, 1 Energy per arm, 1AP head.

Trebuchet:

TBT-5S (3E, 3M, 1AP) - 2 Energy 1 Missile 1AP right arm, 1 Missile RT, 1 Energy 1 Missile left arm.

TBT-7K (2E, 1M, 2B) - 2 Ballistic LT, 2 Energy RT, 1 Missile right arm.

Shadowhawk:

SHD-2K (3E, 2M, 1AP) - 2 Energy LT, 1 Missile RT, 1 Missile head, 1 Energy right arm, 1 AP left arm.

HEAVY

Dragon:

DRG-1G (4E, 1M, 1 AP) - 1 Energy per arm, 1 Energy per ST, 1 CT Missile, 1 AP left arm.

Catapult:

CPLT-C4 (6M, 2 AP) - 3 Missile per arm, 2 AP CT.

ASSAULT

Awesome:

AWS-8V (4E, 3M, 1AP) - 2 Energy LT, 3 Missile RT, 2 Energy right arm, 1 AP head.

Victor:

VTR-9A (3E, 1B, 1M, 3AP) - 1 Ballistic right arm, 3 Energy left arm, 1 Missile 1 AP LT, 2 AP RT.

BattleMaster:

BLR-1S (5E, 4M, 1AP)- 1 Missile each arm, 2 Energy 2 Missile LT, 3 Energy RT, 1 AP left arm.

Stalker:

STK-3H (5E, 5M, 2AP)- 1 Missile 2 Energy each arm, 2 Missile 1 AP LT, 1 Missile 1 AP RT, 1 Energy CT.

Banshee:

BNC-3Q (2E, 1B, 5AP)- 1 Ballistic LT, 1 Energy CT, 1 AP head, 1 Energy 4 AP RT.

Atlas:

AS7-RS (4E, 1B, 3M)- 2 Energy in each arm, 2 Ballistic RT, 3 Missile LT.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Now onto the variants that will be implemented as alternate loadouts. These variants will not be getting their own hardpoint set ups; if you feel that one of these in particular deserves a standalone, please leave your thoughts in the comments (the variant they use as a base will be listed in parenthesis):

LIGHT

Commando - COM-1D (COM-1B)

Spider - SDR-5K (SDR-5D)

Firestarter - FS9-A (FS9-H), FS9-M (FS9-H)

Jenner - JR7-F (JR7-D)

Panther - PNT-8Z (PNT-9R)

Urbanmech - UM-R60L (UM-R60)

MEDIUM

Cicada - CDA-2B (CDA-2A)

Blackjack - BJ-1DC (BJ-1)

Vindicator - VND-1X (VND-1R)

Trebuchet - TBT-5J (TBT-5N)

Wolverine - WVR-6M (WVR-6K)

HEAVY

Dragon - DRG-1C (DRG-1N)

Catapult - CPLT-A1 (CPLT-C1)

Orion - ON1-VA (ON1-V)

Black Knight - BL-7-KNT-L (BL-7-KNT)

ASSAULT

Awesome - AWS-8R (AWS-8T)

Victor - VTR-9A1 (VTR-9A)

BattleMaster - BLR-1D (BLR-1G)

Stalker - STK-4N (STK-3F), STK-4P (STK-3F)

Highlander - HGN-733C (HGN-733)

Finally, there are a few honorable mentions that I won't be able to bring to life properly without some assistance from someone skilled on the art asset end of things. These variants will be added via a separate package that you can download if you wish, but they will be missing proper geometries, until someone can help me fix that: Jenner JR7-A, Commando COM-1C, Hunchback HBK-4N, Hunchback HBK-4SP.

If anybody would like to consolidate their efforts with mine, or provide any assistance to get this done faster, let me know! I plan to start with the variants that are receiving their own chassis file, release those, and then move on to add in the alternate loadout variants in an update. I hope this mod will become standard for modded PvP that way we can all play as a community with all of these missing mechs back in action!