Mod Announcement: Going To Add All Missing Varients

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Honestly I would just leave the 3V and any other similar variants out. Once you start changing it, it becomes a whole new variant. Unless you do what was stated above and create that half ton bin.

I am considering this if only to prevent the salvage pipeline from getting gummed up and filling your inventory with basically identical mech variants whose parts can't fit together. However, I will only do this if I can add the builds these variants use to the AI's pool of "stock" mechs.

Half tons are possible. I just played around with it, changing the gauss ammo from the beta to have the SRM tag, and it works. You can have 2 different ammoboxes contain the same type of ammo, define amount of ammo inside and change weight of the box.

Hunchback geometry is a problem though :(

Half tons are possible. I just played around with it, changing the gauss ammo from the beta to have the SRM tag, and it works. You can have 2 different ammoboxes contain the same type of ammo, define amount of ammo inside and change weight of the box.

As I expected. 4J is going to be a little janky but doable. 4N and 4SP are gonna be too messed up to include in the main file.

Yeah, well, that's a littlebit sad.

But I really am kinda excited that you actually can have 2 different ammoboxes containing the same type of ammo, that's pretty cool. I admit, I was too lazy to add a totally new ammobox and register it in the versionmanifest, but this should be easy enough, as it has been done with chassis and mechs. Editing existing stuff is alot easier for testing. And if it works in the backer beta, it will most likely work in the release build.

Wait a sec, we have Gauss in Battletech? I thought it's D - E rarity stuff will be out, including the original Highlander.

Wait a sec, we have Gauss in Battletech? I thought it's D - E rarity stuff will be out, including the original Highlander.

There was a Gauss and ammo in the beta files, it was unused though. I just use it for testing purposes, as no variant mounts it. Maybe we'll see them from some lostech cache in the final game, but in 3025 they are extinct afaik.

There was a Gauss and ammo in the beta files, it was unused though. I just use it for testing purposes, as no variant mounts it. Maybe we'll see them from some lostech cache in the final game, but in 3025 they are extinct afaik.

As I thought... Guess it's stuck there from earlier stages of development. Either way, thanks for the info.

I want a pristine BL6b-knt that has been sitting in storage since the SLDF, or even better a BLR-1c. Nothing like stomping around with losttech.

Seriously though this awesome that we already have people thinking about all these mods for my subsequent playthroughs. Your work is appreciated.

I mean I'd help, but I don't have the final release build so I'm not sure how it is you're working on these. Without seeing the files, I dont' know if they added an additional entry specific to Single Player where you can make a certain unit available at a certain time/year. Can you post the variants that you know to exist in the final release files? I was planning on doing this anyways, since I think Stock play is important and canon variants provide Stock play with the variety needed for it and applying Random Assignment Tables.

If half tons of ammo can be modded in, rounding ammo down to the nearest whole number on the split, I would appreciate the hell out of it.

Half Ton Ammo boxes are easy as pie to mod in. Here's my mod thread from old forum that is still active. I went a step further and added the canon 'custom variants' along with some other oddball canon units like UM-R60"MG" and PNT-9ALAG (however they lack record sheets, but are simple to make). I also added a unique Large Laser (the Tronel Large Laser) specifically for the Panther 8Z, since the 8Z technically uses the design quirk 'No Cooling Jacket' for the Large Laser (meaning it runs hotter than normal).

Going off your list, I have added the other ones or ones I intend to add again in yellow (definites) and gray (will need to test), including those that are out of the timeline which can be used for setting up simple Skirmish scenarios. Note the COM-1C merely requires a separate def file to borrow from the Panther files, thus it can mount an AC/2 that looks and works normally.

LIGHT
Locust - LCT-1E, LCT-3V
Commando - COM-1D, COM-1C, COM-3A
Spider - SDR-5D, SDR-5K
Firestarter - FS9-A, FS9-K, FS9-M
Jenner - JR7-A, JR7-F
Panther - PNT-8Z, PNT-9ALAG, PNT-9R "Tanaka"
Urbanmech - UM-R60L, UM-R60MG

MEDIUM
Cicada - CDA-2B
Blackjack - BJ-1X, BJ-1DB, BJ-1DC, BJ-3
Griffin - GRF-1E "Sparky"
Vindicator - VND-1AA, VND-1X, VND-1SIC, VND-1R "Vong", VND-1 "St. Ives Blue" (needs unique skin, otherwise might not bother)
Centurion - CN9-AH, CN9-YLW "Yen Lo Wang" (needs hachet)
Hunchback - HBK-4H, HBK-4J, HBK-4N, HBK-4SP
Trebuchet - TBT-5J, TBT-5S, TBT-7K
Shadowhawk - SHD-2K
Wolverine - WVR-6M

HEAVY
Dragon - DRG-1C, DRG-1G, DRG-2Y "Yorioshi"
Catapult - CPLT-A1, CPLT-C4, CPLT-C1 "Butterbee", CPLT-H2, CPLT-K3
Orion - ON1-VA, ON1-V-DC
Black Knight - BL-7-KNT-L
Cataphract - CTF-4X, CTF-2X
Thunderbolt - TDR-5S-T "Tallman"

ASSAULT
Awesome - AWS-8R, AWS-8V, AWS-9Q (need GECM)
Victor - VTR-9A, VTR-9A1 (GenTask note it is indeed possible to assign weapons to Legs and have them fire from them), VTR-9B "Li"
BattleMaster - BLR-1D, BLR-1S, BLR-1G-DC
Stalker - STK-3H, STK-4N, STK-4P (GenTask note here - STK-4P will require setting the tonnage for this Mech to 75 tons, making it a unique Heavy Stalker), STK-3F "Jagawen"
Highlander - HGN-733C
Banshee - BNC-3Q, BNC-3S, BNC-3MC, BNC-3S "Reinesblatt" (need hatchet)
Atlas - AS7-RS, AS7-D-DC, AS7-D "Danielle", AS7-WGS "Samsonov"
Zeus - ZEU-6Y, ZEU-6S-DC

Why bother making the DRG-1C? All it is is a DGR-1N with an AC/2 installed and the weight savings invested in armor.

For Stock play purposes the DRG-1C is needed for RATs and non-customization. It adds variety. In Table Top terms, the DRG-1C is actually pretty good when used en masse - as a quick example MegaMek comes with a really fun scenario called "Dragon Hunt" with 4 DRG-1C's vs. 2 Marauders and 2 Jenners. It's tough, but 4 hull down DRG-1C's firing AC/2's and LRM10's at max range easily whittles down approaching units. Plus when you get the Golden BB (Through Armor Critical) it is glorious. In conclusion: Why bother? Because.

Last edited:
I mean I'd help, but I don't have the final release build so I'm not sure how it is you're working on these. Without seeing the files, I dont' know if they added an additional entry specific to Single Player where you can make a certain unit available at a certain time/year. Can you post the variants that you know to exist in the final release files? I was planning on doing this anyways, since I think Stock play is important and canon variants provide Stock play with the variety needed for it and applying Random Assignment Tables.

Half Ton Ammo boxes are easy as pie to mod in. Here's my mod thread from old forum that is still active. I went a step further and added the canon 'custom variants' along with some other oddball canon units like UM-R60"MG" and PNT-9ALAG (however they lack record sheets, but are simple to make). I also added a unique Large Laser (the Tronel Large Laser) specifically for the Panther 8Z, since the 8Z technically uses the design quirk 'No Cooling Jacket' for the Large Laser (meaning it runs hotter than normal).

Going off your list, I have added the other ones or ones I intend to add again in yellow (definites) and gray (will need to test), including those that are out of the timeline which can be used for setting up simple Skirmish scenarios. Note the COM-1C merely requires a separate def file to borrow from the Panther files, thus it can mount an AC/2 that looks and works normally.

LIGHT
Locust - LCT-1E, LCT-3V
Commando - COM-1D, COM-1C, COM-3A
Spider - SDR-5D, SDR-5K
Firestarter - FS9-A, FS9-K, FS9-M
Jenner - JR7-A, JR7-F
Panther - PNT-8Z, PNT-9ALAG, PNT-9R "Tanaka"
Urbanmech - UM-R60L, UM-R60MG

MEDIUM
Cicada - CDA-2B
Blackjack - BJ-1X, BJ-1DB, BJ-1DC, BJ-3
Griffin - GRF-1E "Sparky"
Vindicator - VND-1AA, VND-1X, VND-1SIC, VND-1R "Vong", VND-1 "St. Ives Blue" (needs unique skin, otherwise might not bother)
Centurion - CN9-AH, CN9-YLW "Yen Lo Wang" (needs hachet)
Hunchback - HBK-4H, HBK-4J, HBK-4N, HBK-4SP
Trebuchet - TBT-5J, TBT-5S, TBT-7K
Shadowhawk - SHD-2K
Wolverine - WVR-6M

HEAVY
Dragon - DRG-1C, DRG-1G, DRG-2Y "Yorioshi"
Catapult - CPLT-A1, CPLT-C4, CPLT-C1 "Butterbee"
Orion - ON1-VA, ON1-V-DC
Black Knight - BL-7-KNT-L

ASSAULT
Awesome - AWS-8R, AWS-8V, AWS-9Q (need GECM)
Victor - VTR-9A, VTR-9A1 (GenTask note it is indeed possible to assign weapons to Legs and have them fire from them), VTR-9B "Li"
BattleMaster - BLR-1D, BLR-1S, BLR-1G-DC
Stalker - STK-3H, STK-4N, STK-4P (GenTask note here - STK-4P will require setting the tonnage for this Mech to 75 tons, making it a unique Heavy Stalker), STK-3F "Jagawen"
Highlander - HGN-733C, HGN-733P (don't know if its in files)
Banshee - BNC-3Q, BNC-3S, BNC-3MC, BNC-3S "Reinesblatt" (need hatchet)
Atlas - AS7-RS, AS7-D-DC, AS7-D "Danielle", AS7-WGS "Samsonov"

For Stock play purposes the DRG-1C is needed for RATs and non-customization. It adds variety. In Table Top terms, the DRG-1C is actually pretty good when used en masse - as a quick example MegaMek comes with a really fun scenario called "Dragon Hunt" with 4 DRG-1C's vs. 2 Marauders and 2 Jenners. It's tough, but 4 hull down DRG-1C's firing AC/2's and LRM10's at max range easily whittles down approaching units. Plus when you get the Golden BB (Through Armor Critical) it is glorious. In conclusion: Why bother? Because.

Does it count as stock if it's modded in? Don't think the multiplayer will go with it. Either way, carry on, sir and good luck with your work.

*Makes a note to get the modded version on the release date.*

So, does anyone care about which mechs are supposed to be extinct (i.e. no known examples present but maybe you can find a rusted out hulk somewhere or something), or are you just going ahead?

For skirmish it wouldn't matter, but I didn't know if some might want to know which mechs probably shouldn't be in the standard opfor RATs according to canon availability.

Does it count as stock if it's modded in? Don't think the multiplayer will go with it. Either way, carry on, sir and good luck with your work.

*Makes a note to get the modded version on the release date.*

In MP modded games work only if both players have the same exact modded files.