• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We had that same problem in Terra Normannorrum, actually; took us a while to figure it out. Nuril did solve it, though;

We added a province to Iceland, so that was breaking it for us. Obviously, this mod changes the map a LOT more, so I suspect this is probably the solution once more.

yes it is an issue with ALL mapmods. beware of this sneaky file hehe !

An new version for patch 1.04 released! It implements the map fix (thanks a bunch Zaldax), AND I have a file that flips Muslims/Pagans to playable. I want this mod to be compatible with others that mess with religions.txt, so it's a separate download. I haven't put the Kingdom of Brythonia in, and I won't unless people ask me to release a separate landed_titles.txt that has it. I might wind up making duchies of Morgannwg and Powys, and give Wales some special hoops to form... possibly create a Kingdom of Brittany, too.
There's also a new CB to simulate the Almohad sack of Ghana! It might not exactly be balanced, and I'm definitely going to need to buff Mauretania before I have them starting out trying to smash Ghana. Removing the warrior cult from west africa cultures probably helped.

Last edited:
One word, *drool*. I had hoped that we'd have the whole Almoravid empire in vanilla CK2. Any plans to add Laayoune to the Almoravids in 1066? Currently, the provinces south of the Emirate of Marrakesh are unattributed and get random rulers on game start. Just what we needed: a stronger Mauretania. ;)

I think it is the beginning of something interesting.

Last edited:
Would you mind if I used your map for my Iberian overhaul? I have a lot of stuff that I would like to do with the region that you're working on. Some Malian mercenaries did end up fighting for El Cid in Valencia by the way, so I think I'd like to include those guys. I understand if you don't want to give away the hard work that you've done. I've taken the liberty of already saying on my mod's page that you have a cool mod going: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...4-MOD-Project-Rodrigo&p=13615315#post13615315. In any case, good luck with this project.

You can use as much of this mod as you want. It's been a while since I've had the time to work on it or update it, so I'm glad some of it's being put to use. When I do release a new version, I'll try and let you know so you can integrate any updated files. Best of luck with your mod, looks good.

You can use as much of this mod as you want. It's been a while since I've had the time to work on it or update it, so I'm glad some of it's being put to use. When I do release a new version, I'll try and let you know so you can integrate any updated files. Best of luck with your mod, looks good.

Thanks. It's going to take a while before I get everything the way that I want it, but I appreciate the vote of confidence. I promise to put your work to good use.

I'd like to explore the possibility of integrating this into CK2+. Do I have your permission to do so?

I've already took the liberty of merging this mod, your mod and the Little-Portrait Mod for one of my personal mods and all of it works flawlessly. My personal mod has a somewhat more buffed Mali with more named (but somewhat ahistorical) baronies so that the balance between Mauretania/Ghana is about the same as Ethiopia is to the Shia Caliphate in my test runs and I also added the holy war conditions for west africans. If you get Ijtzoi's permission, I can give you my work so that you can focus on other features, if you want.

Last edited:
Yup! You do. Integrate away. I probably won't make the region as strong as Mauretania, they did historically get crushed by 'em at the start of the mod [though Mauretania DID withdraw for some reason], note.

In other news, I've recently gotten a lot of information on the region and plan to do a large update of this mod, but I'm a lot busier than I used to be in real life, and the update is probably a considerable amount of time away.

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I tried asking this question in general modding and no one was able to help me, so I wonder if it's something mod-specific.

Is there a way to remove the cultural/religious requirements for forming West African kingdoms? I tried deleting the appropriate 'allow' section in landed_titles, which removed the cultural requirements, but Songhai still has the requirement 'Is Muslim' in-game; I've searched the entire file and can't find anything that would limit the creation conditions by religion.

Any help is appreciated...it's a truly great mod and I'm loving it so far.

There are cultural requirements to form the kingdoms? Not in the copy of the mod I have... are you using a mod this is integrated into, like North African Kingdoms or CK2Plus?

In any case, if you got rid of the entire "allow" bracket, that SHOULD get rid of all special requirements. Can't think of what would cause your problem...

Just wanted to add that I am deeply disappointed that the ruler of the Mali Empire is not Musa I from 1312-1334(ish) and I hope such an issue will be swiftly rectified.
One should respect the legacy of a man who brought the Egyptian economy to its knees! I am using the CK2plus integrated version to be clear.

Pretty please fix this? Thank you! Otherwise love the mod!

Just wanted to add that I am deeply disappointed that the ruler of the Mali Empire is not Musa I from 1312-1334(ish) and I hope such an issue will be swiftly rectified.
One should respect the legacy of a man who brought the Egyptian economy to its knees! I am using the CK2plus integrated version to be clear.

Pretty please fix this? Thank you! Otherwise love the mod!

It's not such a hard thing to add yourself you know, just look over existing files and you'll figure it out in a moment. Try not to be so brutish in your requests in the future though, you know all mods are made for fun in our spare time, right?.