• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Was honestly expecting a DLC from Paradox following the same sort of plot line seeing they already have set up the lore for the current 2 default human factions to possibly go down that path.

Reactions:
I was thinking that I want to play a Game like this. Start off as the only empire or one of a small group. Colonize the whole galaxy and watch as it fractures and falls apart. Then rp as a fallen empire. Every so often I would rage across the universe, wreck all the stuff rinse and repeat.

I know it is still early but I hope that they create an advanced empires dlc.
Honestly this is the only reason I miss the lack of pick any empire mid game like CK2 and the other games are where you can start as Portugal play for 50 years and switch of Egypt. I would love to actually start as the only empire made up entirely as humans design it to fall (low happiness, high divergence) and after it collapses switch to one of the smaller breakaway states and attempt to reunite the galaxy.

Reactions:
Honestly this is the only reason I miss the lack of pick any empire mid game like CK2 and the other games are where you can start as Portugal play for 50 years and switch of Egypt. I would love to actually start as the only empire made up entirely as humans design it to fall (low happiness, high divergence) and after it collapses switch to one of the smaller breakaway states and attempt to reunite the galaxy.

Yeah i like this. I just realized today that when a game is loaded it doesnt let you pick any empire that exists in the game the way the other paradox games do. It was nice to kind of jump around the world and see what was going on.

Reactions:
9: Always have at least one dying empire around Sol
Would be interesting if the Earth/Sol-based power is an isolationist Fallen Empire. The ruling elite of Earth have renounced their stellar children and now live in splendid, technologically advanced isolation while the rest of the galaxy scrabbles to rediscover technologies lost in the Great Collapse.

Reactions:
So I've been working on the mod a bit since the current released version. There's actually a 0.0.3 patch on steam that removes space cows. The version I'm working on is much more cleaned up and I've re adjusted many parts and removed alien images wherever i found them. I'm getting a constant CTD a few years into the game though and having trouble diagnosing it without a stellaris validator. Either way I likely wont update the mod until the upcoming patches are finished since there isn't really much point when everything is about to change. I haven't even tried to make the mod compatible with clarke which i know crashes on loading.

Mod progress will come eventually though and I'm really excited to continue working on this. The localisation system in stellaris is still new to me but seems much better than the ck2 localization system i'm accustomed to. I'm still looking for help and suggestions and anyone that wants to help me diagnose the CTD I'm currently getting.

Would be interesting if the Earth/Sol-based power is an isolationist Fallen Empire. The ruling elite of Earth have renounced their stellar children and now live in splendid, technologically advanced isolation while the rest of the galaxy scrabbles to rediscover technologies lost in the Great Collapse.
After editing some of the files for Stellaris' vanilla generation of Sol I think I'm actually going to take a page out of their book and allow Sol to generate in a few ways. An isolationist empire like you described will definitely be one of them but I was also thinking of maybe having barren versions of earth, a medieval version of earth (after losing their tech), an empty Gaia earth with mysterious anomalies, Holy site earth under a martian fallen empire, and probably many more.

My thoughts were that 90% of the galaxy would be human, some might be like space amazons (government only lets women be leaders otherwise normal humans), or limited to one race, or patriarchal (government only lets men be leaders otherwise normal leaders) but as far as the game cares and traits like xenophobia/philia care they are the same species. The remaining 10% could be descendants of genetically modified humans (eg. one might be intelligent, talented, decadent, and slow learners to represent an attempt at genetically modifying a superior species, or very strong, repugnant, and slow learners to represent genetically modified super soldiers).

I haven't used it, but ck2 has a scifi mod called Crisis in the Confederation, which I believe is Dune/Fading Suns influenced and thus human centric. Might you want to look into adapting it to Stellaris?

Also, with no other species, the Xenophile and Xenophobia becomes meaningless, unless you break up humanity. Maybe using transhumanism, idk.
Just look at some countries.

Like our xenophobe politicians in Hungary or Trump in US making a career from xenophobia.

Hating someone since he is different doesnt require different be "have more eye" it is enough if they know grandpa was different. Ask the jewis victims of WW2 or the millions massacared in Ruanda or about to be massacared in Burundi.

So a human only space game can still use xenophile vs xenophobe.

Btw: Why dont build the mod on Asimov?

There is at least 5 main faction there (Earth as Eilah Bailey-s time), Spacers, Trantor Empire, First Foundation, Second Foundation and countless minor. (Anacreon, Seychelle, Askone, Korell)

Reactions:
My thoughts were that 90% of the galaxy would be human, some might be like space amazons (government only lets women be leaders otherwise normal humans), or limited to one race, or patriarchal (government only lets men be leaders otherwise normal leaders) but as far as the game cares and traits like xenophobia/philia care they are the same species. The remaining 10% could be descendants of genetically modified humans (eg. one might be intelligent, talented, decadent, and slow learners to represent an attempt at genetically modifying a superior species, or very strong, repugnant, and slow learners to represent genetically modified super soldiers).
Unfortunately I think that would change the meta of the game too much and make things more complicated. The way I'm doing it every human is kind of already genetically modified to suit their environment. That's my way of explaining away world preference and racial traits. If they were all the same except a few i think it would make the game much duller and limit expansion too much.

Btw: Why dont build the mod on Asimov?

There is at least 5 main faction there (Earth as Eilah Bailey-s time), Spacers, Trantor Empire, First Foundation, Second Foundation and countless minor. (Anacreon, Seychelle, Askone, Korell)
Although i fully support an Asimov based game and would be more than willing to share parts of my mod to make it happen, this mod is not based on any specific fictional universe and I intend to stick the Stellaris' randomized nature. I'll definitely add in more possible empire and planet names though so if you have any fictional worlds you particularly like feel free to list them. I might also consider making some custom start option based on fictional worlds for fun but not until the rest of the mod is done.

Reactions:
I have updated the mod to the latest beta patch. Unfortunately my mod is currently broken. A Mysterious CTD happens after a few decades of running the game so I have released the newer version as a beta. Play at your own risk!

If you've found the source of the CTD please let me know. I suspect it may have something to do with techs or events. I suspect this because it's semi random when it happens but always happens.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting!
I do not have time for bugtesting so I wait a little with playing
Unfortunately I'm still at a total loss when it comes to what's causing the ctd. I hope this game will get a validator soon to help me diagnose the issue but unfortunately until then it seems like it's going to be slow going unless i get a sudden epiphany.

Reactions:
I just uploaded the 0.0.5 BETA update to this mod. I've fixed many minor errors but still can't figure out the common crash. The mod can potentially run without ever crashing but it's not common. I have reason to believe the crashes are related to crisises. If anyone can help me sort these crashes out I would highly appreciate it.

Haven't tried your mod yet, but I assume you left the three crisis-species in, correct? Otherwise the game might try spawning in an empire with a species that doesn't exist.

Haven't tried your mod yet, but I assume you left the three crisis-species in, correct? Otherwise the game might try spawning in an empire with a species that doesn't exist.
Yes I left them in specifically for that reason. I was planning to make them look like humans until I'm ready to really rework the crisis but it felt kind of weird. Robots are also in of course.

No time to check out your mod, but just wanted to say, Great idea, and looks like a great project! Remarkable how quickly you got it functioning!

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Just my two cents but I kinda like the idea of Swarm and Unbidden being the only aliens.
I've been thinking about that too. I may make it an optional file later on if i remove it.

Reactions:
If you still need help, I've got quite a lot of free time during the summer and would be happy to help. Do you use any version control (like github) or something, where I could take a look? I don't have much modding experience, but I've got a few years of general programming behind me.

I have yet to set up version control since it's just me working on it currently but i will set it up if you'd like to join me on the project. Unfortunately I just moved to a new city and wont have my computer back for a few more weeks so until then work on the mod has halted.

If you'd like to speak more about working on the mod feel free to message me on here and we can discuss other means of contact.