• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

klopkr

Chief suggester at the suggestion factory
107 Badges
Aug 12, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
0YFbzMu.jpg
After Earth Mod release version 1.0.0:
Workshop Version - 2.2.6
Now fully compatible with Plantoids!

This is a stable update to the After Earth mod for Stellaris. I am currently in the process of removing Aliens from the localization so there may still be some strange mentions of them during events. If there is an event chain with particularly confusing or erroneous text please send me a screenshot so i can take care of it.

Make sure all your custom nations are not set to appear on galactic generation in the vanila game.

Mod info:
Do you hate aliens? Do you think we're all alone out there? Do you just want to play Stellaris without aliens? Whatever your reason, this is be the mod for you.

Just to be clear this mod is not and will not be based on any exiting fictional universe. This is an original setting created by myself to justify a human only play style in the existing stellaris world.

Plan:
1: Remove all alien empires - ✓
2: Populate the universe with humans of all different beliefs - ✓
3: Change the start date to 4400AD - ✓
4: Add portrait options for non mixed race portraits - ✓
5: Remove secondary type aliens (space cows/voidmonsters/etc) - ~
6: Remove all mentions of true aliens from events - ~
7: Add portrait options for many/all portrait race mixes
8: Create new events to explain the setting
9: Allow for one dying empire around Sol
10: Add patriarchy and matriarchy options
11: See if i can throw in some extra lore, traits, ethos, governments, etc to make up for any flavour lost from removing aliens
12: Make an alternate version of the mod with a much less even start
13: Add playable space pirate and space slavers authorities
14: Break the mod into individual parts to allow further game customization

The lore:
In the year 4400 or so the humans of earth discovered FTL and began exploring the stars with sparkle in their eyes and hope in their heart that soon they would meet their interstellar neighbours, make friends, and share in the marvels of the universe... but it never happened. Within the millennium the entire galaxy had been mapped and not a single extraterrestrial life form was found. Without the means to reach other galaxies the search for alien life forms ended and a new quest began. The humans of earth spread their seed across their mother galaxy, creating countless colonies among the stars. For a time a powerful Sol based government ruled these colonies and the entire galaxy but a mysterious event tore the human empire apart. In most quadrants the great technologies of their ancestors were lost as their colonies barely managed to survive without the help of Sol. Thousands of years have now passed and most of these colonies have rearranged themselves in order to thrive on their new home planets. The stage is now set for a new galactic order to arise and cast aside the the fallen empires of old and bring the galaxy under your control. Through peace or through war!

Also some areas turned to space piracy and I'm hoping I'll be able to add that in.

setItwr.png

Recruitment:
I need the following to complete this mod as fully and quickly as possible:
1: Anyone to help adjust localisation
2: An artist to remake game art to remove aliens
3: An event modder to help write new events to replace the old ones tied to aliens
4: A localizer to help make this mod compatible in as many languages as possible and help with one of the most tedious parts of modding
5: Anyone with modding experience who can lend a hand
6: Anyone without experience willing to learn, especially if you like doing grunt work

EvnJouI.png

Screenshots:
qNfJaE6.jpg

vntlquw.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I haven't used it, but ck2 has a scifi mod called Crisis in the Confederation, which I believe is Dune/Fading Suns influenced and thus human centric. Might you want to look into adapting it to Stellaris?

Also, with no other species, the Xenophile and Xenophobia becomes meaningless, unless you break up humanity. Maybe using transhumanism, idk.

Reactions:
I haven't used it, but ck2 has a scifi mod called Crisis in the Confederation, which I believe is Dune/Fading Suns influenced and thus human centric. Might you want to look into adapting it to Stellaris?

Also, with no other species, the Xenophile and Xenophobia becomes meaningless, unless you break up humanity. Maybe using transhumanism, idk.

I'm not a member of that mod team and therefore can't/don't want to adapt their mod (although it's excellent). I also intend to make this mod fairly generic so that it can create its own stories like base game Stellaris.

Also as @vistuvis said humans can be xenophobic/philic to each other, especially after centuries apart.

I'm not sure how I'll handle it just yet but I intend to create human 'races' that'll be different enough from each other and essentially replace the idea of species in base stellaris. I may separate them by their founder nation/area so you'll be able to choose between chinese based humans and american based humans for example.

Reactions:
Interesting project I think.

- maybe you could use/get inspiration from Alpha Centauri's factions. They are not based on specific contemporary nations but rather (space) ideologies.

- in the middle term, you could integrate one of the mods slowing down / upscaling gameplay ("realism" / "epic scale" mod projects), that would kind of fit the less "baroque" approach of removing aliens.

Reactions:
I'm not sure how I'll handle it just yet but I intend to create human 'races' that'll be different enough from each other and essentially replace the idea of species in base stellaris. I may separate them by their founder nation/area so you'll be able to choose between chinese based humans and american based humans for example.

You could make so "traits" are not really genetic traits but cultural ones (some of the vanilla traits already feel like that anyway). "Species" could be nationalities and such.

As for making species based on current nations. That can be cool, but please don't make it so it is the only thing available. If everything in the game is "Space USA" or "Space Iran" it feels generic and unimaginative. Not to mention simply implausible considering the time passed.

Splitting Humans by Nationality wouldn't make much sense, at least old world nationalities.

Splitting them by new Colonial and Transhuman Identities makes more sense.

Reactions:
As for making species based on current nations. That can be cool, but please don't make it so it is the only thing available. If everything in the game is "Space USA" or "Space Iran" it feels generic and unimaginative. Not to mention simply implausible considering the time passed.

I definitely don't intend to do something as lazy as that. I mostly intend to split them up into various mixes of 'races', uniracial, and unigendered 'species' then forming name lists roughly based on various nationalities. There wont be anything as lazy as space Britain but there might be a 'species' with using the light skin tones and English based names. For full on national names I may include a few earth based concepts like New Jerusalem for a European name list theocracy but if it's an unpopular idea i can easily make it a submod (as long as modding this game works like other pdox games).

Splitting Humans by Nationality wouldn't make much sense, at least old world nationalities.

Splitting them by new Colonial and Transhuman Identities makes more sense.
I'll look into it but for now i assume most humans are fairly 'trans human' to start with anyways. When you pick your species you'll mostly be picking a name list and a look.

Also since this mod takes place so far in the future from our own timeline even if i do use a lot of real world names as a basis I'll try to make everything sound a little off. 1000 years is more than enough time for languages to completely change and maybe John O'Rilley is now more like Joon Ourirreh. If anyone is in linguistics and has any thought on how names may evolve i'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
Reactions:
What about having the game start out the same, but your empire naturally fractures.

I was thinking that I want to play a Game like this. Start off as the only empire or one of a small group. Colonize the whole galaxy and watch as it fractures and falls apart. Then rp as a fallen empire. Every so often I would rage across the universe, wreck all the stuff rinse and repeat.

I know it is still early but I hope that they create an advanced empires dlc.

Reactions:
What about having the game start out the same, but your empire naturally fractures.
Seems a little complicated but I'll have a look into it when the game is released and if it's feasible strive to make it an option. Breaking up blobs isn't something Pdox games are well known for, much less doing it in a fun and engaging way.

Alright after playing a bit I now know that this project will take a bit more work than I anticipated. Aliens seem to be widely spread as not just factions but also events, resources, space animals, and end game disasters.

I plan to replace any of these elements i take out with an alienless variant but what would be the human equivalent of a space cow?

[shitty edit] I just realized it's your mother.

Last edited:
Yeah... I was expecting such mod to show up sooner or later.
In fact, I wouldn't be impressed if this is a theme of Paradox DLC, like, boosting up human clothing variation (Or on an ideal world, making a SPACE version of a CK2 or EU4 nation)

I think space animals could stay, it's not like the spirit of the mod would be altered so long as there are no other sentient or intelligent species.
I suppose so but I kind of want all life in the galaxy to be caused by humans and space cows don't exactly fit that.

Space cows are actually a fairly simple fix. I've decided to alter them into space going human/robot colonies that use gas giants for fuel and resources. Space amoebas will be an attempt of older humans at making life in space.

Crystallines and those dust things are still up in the air though. (literally)

So how's everything coming along? Have you thought about what the human factions could be inspired in? I think a faction based on the Foundation from Asimov's Foundation series would be pretty cool, a civilization who believes its their manifest destiny to topple the ancient Fallen Empire of Sol and create a new, better Second Empire.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So I've released the first version of the mod. It's actually just a temporary quickfix and simply removes all the alien portraits as options. When you generate a new universe only human portraits will be used although they may still be referred to as aliens.

My next plan is to split up humans into three main options:
Egalitarian
Matriarchy
Patriarchy

All this changes is which gender leaders can show up in your empire.

After selecting one of these options you can then select your 'ethnicity' or specific mix of races from the available portraits. The base game has 5 human ethnicities, I'm not an artist so I wont be adding any more unless I get some help. These are entirely separate from name lists which will be tied to the first three options.

Unfortunately all the animation files are really confusing me and I must have made a mistake following the guide on the wiki. So we'll have to wait and see how long it takes to actually make them.

Now that I've released something I am accepting any help I can get!

Also since name lists aren't necessarily tied to anything I'm willing to add pretty much any name list to this mod as long as it's not too goofy. Lists of names in current languages would be the best kind since every empire is suppose to originate from earth colonists and they'll have brought their language and naming styles with them.

Keep in mind that in some ways this isn't a complete total overhaul. Most of the game is still going to be randomly generated like vanilla stellaris.

EDIT: I realized too late that I included a lot more files than necessary because i forgot to remove them while tinkering. They wont effect the mod but will make it a slightly larger download, not that it's very big.

Alright I've released version 0.0.2 of the After Earth mod.

This is a pretty big reworking of the earlier version of the mod. I have now changed the starting date and have created various mixes of humans with both male only and female only government options. When you start a new game all the other empires you generate will always be human.

This is the first major step of the mod. Next I will start removing aliens from events, mechanics, etc. This phase of the project will be a lot slower and longer but i hope to make great strides soon.