• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, seems like a great Mod.
I play a BGA game as the Duke (atm Duchess) of York and incorporated the Mod into my BGA.
But I dont see the new ambitions.
I dont realy want to become independent but just for the Lulz I would like to see what the Mod offers.
So where is my Mistake? :O

Thanks

Hello Fernando,

Thank you for this information, the ambition required that the character that wants to pick it, must be male. I have corrected this and it will now accept females too.

Just make sure you have downloaded the BGA pack from the first post. It has been implemented there already, so all you need to do is to replace it in your mod folder.
I think it should be ok and give the player more freedom of choice.
Your launcher should look like on picture below:
ad1.png

Update:
  • updated all packages to 1.0A - allowing female rulers to pick mod's decisions and ambitions (thx Fernando)

From a glance over the screenshots, a lot of the attribute and provincial modifiers seem... really high. The Cardinal trait grants a huge +10 to attributes, which is almost like a second education. Similarly, the Episcopal Curia modifier, removing Wroth, adding Patient and Zealous, and having a -5% build time, +10% tax, and +5% culture tech seems... really powerful. That said, this mod seems like a really nice one, just needs a bit of toning down for the benefits, I think.

Hey Andrzej, thank you for your observations.

Cardinals do not get +10 to each stat, they receive +4 to learning, +3 to diplomacy and +3 to intrigue. The reward from ambition is only for the player and since he cannot be at the same time cardinal - they will not add to each other.
Curia adds +10% to the local tax for that province, as the ambition takes time to accomplish and is costy, so wanted the buff to express that. I think its not that great and it can be held only by one province.

It is all very much matter of taste but indeed in the end, all the benefits and debuffs will need to be adjusted, as I sated in my original post. The whole idea is more like a blueprint to build on ;)

Thank you again for your observations, I will take all of these into account.

Hello Jo,

No, I do not plan to mod Pope elections at this time. I will currently focus on beatifications and canonizations. Though as I currently do not have much time to play, I can't give any estimates.

Cześć Rafek! Świetna robota.

I`d like to know are there any cardinals on start in 1066 - or any ruler (and me) have to wait to message from Pope?
Mod Pope elections could be masterpiece - Pope can be elected only from cardinals or every ruler who has investiture will be able to press on their cardinal(s)
like Medieval II Total War.

Keep good work!

I tried out the mod. Looks promising.

Two related issues regarding the plot for ecclesiastical autonomy:

(1) you are missing an 'OR' in the success conditions, viz.
Code:
success = {         [U][B]OR = {[/B][/U]
          OR = {
         NOT = { tier = KING }
         AND = { tier = KING
            any_realm_lord = { has_nickname = nick_nuncio }
            any_realm_lord = { has_nickname = nick_cardinal  }
            any_realm_lord = { has_minor_title = title_primate }
            religion_head = { opinion = { who = ROOT value = 50 }}
            NOT = { has_law = investiture_law_1 }}} 
       OR = {  
          NOT = { tier = DUKE} 
          AND = { tier = DUKE 
            any_realm_lord = { has_nickname = nick_cardinal }
            any_realm_lord = { has_minor_title = title_primate }
             religion_head = { opinion = { who = ROOT value = 20 }}
             NOT = { has_law = investiture_law_1 }}}         
        [U][B]}[/B][/U]
    }

Otherwise what seems to be happening is that both sets of conditions have to be true, that is, you are both a king AND a duke.

(2) Once I changed this the plot succeeded. I already had a cardinal who I named primate. But now I can repeat the plot again and again for prestige and piety. Maybe set a flag to stop the plot being done again when you already have the provincial modifier in your capital, etc.

That was fun. I'm not sure what your mod will do with having a primate and cardinals besides the bonuses to provincial development, but the events work well. It is a bit anachronistic for me to be doing this in 1190 (national cardinals did not really start until the early modern period), but it was fun. :)

Hello and thank you, I will indeed set a flag to prevent it the ambition from being used again.

You are also right about the historical correctness, my mod was never intended to be accurate on that filed ;) It is just to bring a little bit of flavor and diversity to the long gameplays.

Glad you had fun :) Have a nice day and thank you for playing it through.

Hey Rafek,

so i change my game language to english - now it works.
By the way i translated a part of the csv in german, so it is partially working with the german version.

;)

Cardinals do not get +10 to each stat, they receive +4 to learning, +3 to diplomacy and +3 to intrigue. The reward from ambition is only for the player and since he cannot be at the same time cardinal - they will not add to each other.
Yeah, by that I meant +10 total (4+3+3), which is just under the boost a tier 3 education would give. Pretty high, in my opinion :)

Hey Rafek,

so i change my game language to english - now it works.
By the way i translated a part of the csv in german, so it is partially working with the german version.

;)

I'm glad it is working as you wanted and good job on translations :)

Have a good evening! Which character do you usually play ?

Kein Thema ;)
Not yet finished - some sentence i tried to translate, were really long. In english the csv sentences sounds "easy" so it is partially problematic to translate in middelage german or rather it sounds like Middelage^^ for e.g.
Your Holyness - Euer Heiligkeit
You are currently aimed ... - Ihr seid bestrebt...

What did you meant with "Coven" ? A Witch Circle or a Meeting between some people?!
or rather Church Jurisdiction? Ius Canonicus (Kirchenrecht)?

I play with my own family ;) in Hungary (Marmaros) and you? Before i played with Orsini - but i am missing the Farnese andTalleyrand.

Hey Lykian,

That sounds like lots of fun!

With coven I meant something like a secret circle of trusted ppl, who are plotting together in big secrecy etc. I am not myself a native speaker, so I am aware that some of that sentences look weird or funny. I just really like telling stories.

Church jurisdiction, is something like separate recognized body of bishops and higher church officials nominated strictly for that realm, so the church in that realm does not need to be dependant on the one from the HRE.

I normally play either Silesia, Bohemia or small county of Reggio at the end of the Italy shoe :)

Best of luck in your translations!

Hello Arc,

Not yet, but I will look into it when I am back home. I have got some PMs to make a separate packages similar to BGA and CK2Plus ones.

Hey Rafek,

it is - it is ;).
Ok, because i know that a coven is normally a "Witch Circle" (esp. Wicca) - but i found the riddles solution; its an old scots word and means "gathering".

Ah, ok you meant something like a Church of State or rather a Synode of Bishops which a decide clerical affairs independent of Rome?!

My last game, i played my family as small and poor counts of Marmaros, i conquered Toulouse, Granada, Genoa and Auvergne - now i heired the Throne of the Holy Roman from "my" aunt ;), who changed the succession law to agnatic primogenitur.

View attachment raf.rar

So i translated Rafeks csv file in german and works now with the current german version - if somebody see some translation mistakes pls correct it and give me a feedback so i can correct it too. I tried to translate in formal, courteously german of the middle age - but not in Althochdeutsch oder with Lautverschiebung. ;)

Hey Guys, currently in the hospital, but when I am back, I will update everything. Thx for the translation Lykian!

Status
Not open for further replies.