• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very interesting, thanks :)

Hey again GS,

Yes, you download archive for the reality kings from the first post and you do overwrite the files of RK in your mod folder, the archive does contain the mod code within itself so nothing will be conflicting or lost. If you follow the steps from the first post, you will be all fine.

The only file you need to use from the first post is: Reality Kings 3.0b.zip‎

you do not download the general one as it is for vanilla (unmodified) game.

If you do things properly, in your launcher you will notice "Reality Kings 3.0b + Ad Limina 1.0A". It has been tested by myself and few other friends here from forums and everything works correctly.

Last edited:
Yes I did and played a bit but there's something wrong still.
Despite switching to Gravelkind to prevent some Count not of my dynasty from getting the titles, I noticed, after becoming king with my son, that my vassals were still voting (low crown authority and still on gravelkind) for the successor. That is not possible.

Took me a while to become king, then, naturally... while I was fighting the arabs in Africa, civil war broke out.

On another side, I wanted to point out it's the very first time I don't make it in having my dynasty switch to Catholic. That is not so hard to achieve, all it takes is a good catholic bishop to educate your heir... well... At my 3rd succession I was still orthodox. It basically took less to convert the whole southern italy to the orthodox faith and it's very wrong of course.

First time, so...3 successions in a row, so, that's gotta be you. :)

Be advised: RK 3.1 has just been released.

Hey GS,

I have tested it once again and all is OK on this side. Also from your description I do not think this has anything to do with my mod.

I'm sorry that you have problems in running it correctly though, but I am afraid I could not advise anything else than what I have already written.

Then probably Deserteur messed something up with RK. :)

I hate it that you guys work separatedly... the community would get great benefits from a single megamod team where everyone coordinates. :)

Hello again GShock,

Thank you for your post.

I think the main reason for why some persons work separately is because they see the aims of their mods differently. While Reality Kings is a serious, big and historically accurate and balancing mod, mine is just a simple and flavor based modification. If I remember correctly, the author of Reality Kings focuses more on accuracy and therefore he would not welcome this one into ones implemented directly, at least at this point.

I just try to respond, with my very limited skills, to the requests mentioned here - and prepare the versions of my modification that are compatible with the big mods, so you guys can have fun the way you like it.

I also plan to further improve this small mod, when I am back home.

Hope you all have a great evening!

Raf, your mod appears as already included in RK's list.
I arrived here because your instructions told about overwriting RK's files and then you clarified. The aim of all mods is the same: add historicity, flavor and balance. To me it makes no sense to see 20 modders each working on his own but well... that's just me.
I would think about it, don't know if he's interested or if it would work but I know it would be worth a try. :)

Hey Gshock,

Thank you for the information.

I had no idea RK's author has included Ad Limina into his mod. I will edit then the first post. Last time I checked his forum, he was not planning it.

Just last time I check his thread he was not into Ad Limina at all, as he said it is ahistorical here is the quote:

Well first I will make some other changes. Maybe later. In the meantime you could ask rafek whether his mod ist compatible with Reality Kings 1066 or not :)

also if you read his thread in the earlier pages, you will notice he was not really very fond of attaching the Ad Limina to his work. As you know, this community works on very nice basis where you are free to use other ppls mods in yours when you find it fit, so we do work together in fact :)

Thank you for the heads up!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

The Reality Kings mod contains now also Ad Limina withing itself. Take into account though that the version present in the RK mod might be outdated when new updates will appear here. On request i will prepare the update packages. thank you for the info GShock

Hey Gshock,

I had no idea RK's author has included Ad Limina into his mod. I will edit then the first post. Last time I checked his forum, he was not planning it.

That's right, he wasn't planning to, until he met me. :)
I've studied other mods to be added to RK.
An offer you can't refuse (sicilian mod), Hanseatic League (made by my friend and serial-psycho-modder Chatnoir) and Ad Limina were those I found interesting. HRE reworked instead, I spotted a few probs and Deserteur removed it. :)

He will probably find a way to merge your good ideas into historicity. He's not the "all for history" guy. And what I told you about joining forces is what I told Chatnoir too. Unfortunately he has got no spare time (but is available for help) because he single-handedly keeps Shogun alive with his megamod MHI. :)

Funny thing is he doesn't feel like joining forces with anyone for the same reasons...alas... instead of seeing a Magna Mundi, in CK2 we will see 100 different mods which go by separate routes to achieve the same goal: best enjoyment of the game. Funny... and sad at the same time. Maybe if you take initiative... you could form a team. It's what I am asking to every modder in CK2. To join forces. :)

That's right, he wasn't planning to, until he met me. :)
I've studied other mods to be added to RK.
An offer you can't refuse (sicilian mod), Hanseatic League (made by my friend and serial-psycho-modder Chatnoir) and Ad Limina were those I found interesting. HRE reworked instead, I spotted a few probs and Deserteur removed it. :)

He will probably find a way to merge your good ideas into historicity. He's not the "all for history" guy. And what I told you about joining forces is what I told Chatnoir too. Unfortunately he has got no spare time (but is available for help) because he single-handedly keeps Shogun alive with his megamod MHI. :)

Funny thing is he doesn't feel like joining forces with anyone for the same reasons...alas... instead of seeing a Magna Mundi, in CK2 we will see 100 different mods which go by separate routes to achieve the same goal: best enjoyment of the game. Funny... and sad at the same time. Maybe if you take initiative... you could form a team. It's what I am asking to every modder in CK2. To join forces. :)

Hey Gshock,

While I agree with your fair points and statements, I think the goal you are mentioning has been already achieved - even if in different form than you expect. The whole ideas of the mod system and the open - source approach of all modders - is to give our work to eachother so we can all benefit from it. As you probably noticed, working together in our case is very hard as we have real life to take care of and in my case also my complicated health situation. On top of it I think my skills are not sufficient to launch any huge project. I am just a humble and small servant of the Community *giggles*

On a serious note, I think the current system is really bombastic, the code is very flexible and allows mod authors to merge, add, substract content they wish to see, crediting authors on the way. It is not perfect, but I am afraid in many persons circumstances the only way we can make it happen. I still think it is pretty cool :)

Hope you will have a lot of fun with all the mods you use and with the CK2 itself. Have a wonderful evening!

I wasn't aware you were having health problems...

I myself have been jammed in bed for a week now due to a knee surgery. I removed screws for torn LCA surgery in 2000 2 fridays ago because they were causing bursitis to my left knee.
Then I took MRI to my right foot which has been having probs since Nov 2010 (but couldn't find out what's wrong because I couldn't take the MRI before due to those 2 screws).

Hope everything turns out to be ok for you. Me I hope I can survive another week in bed. I just feel like jumping off the window. :)

Anyway... we're discussing on how to alter a few parameters, maybe you can help.

Crusades/Jihads happening too often.
Bishops being attacked causing no excommunication.
Prestige/Piety/Opinion loss too little when violating truce (or attacking someone fighting another religion)

Update:

(*) Screenshots should be working correctly now

I will provide the compatible version tomorrow morning/this evening.

CKPlus 1.00 works perfectly fine with the "old" version of the ALA, except for one bug I have noticed.

When "Obtain Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction" Ambition is achieved for the first time, you can retake the Ambition again.... and again, and so on. This only works for the ruler who instituted the final measure of the Jurisdiction, but it can lead to hilarious situations with tens of thousands of piety and prestige very quickly. And when your ruler is so old that it is his only ambition left, I could see the AI running into a loop constantly using it. (Assuming they can)

v The "old" version being the .32 Compatible version of ALA for CKPlus.

Last edited:
Hello,

It is fixed in the new version, also currently AI is not able to pick the ambition. Please also make sure you only copy the compatible packages for the big mod you are using. If you just copy-paste the content of the not compatible archive, the Ad Limina will work, but you may loose many abilities of the original mod that is in use.

Last edited:
Updated to 1.0B:
  • Mod is now compatible with CK2Plus 1.0 -> package has been added to the first post, install instructions also there.
  • Fixed an issue when sometimes eligible rulers would be able to retake the Ambition after its successful completion.
  • Allowed female rulers to obtain mod's ambitions.

I'm running into a localization issue - when I set my objective to become independent and I get the bonus to my capital, I got this: EVTDESC99013. Looking in raf.csv I couldn't find any reference to that event.

Status
Not open for further replies.