• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Azkanan

Sergeant
73 Badges
Nov 27, 2010
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
Introduction
The League is a mod set in the lands of Lithrius, a world where Goblinkin, Dragonkin, Giantkin and all manner of Werekin are still of much concern - saying that though, Dragonkin at this point have become far more inactive than they once were.
And what fantasy setting would this be, without mages and their mysterious ways? Men of great knowledge and unknown.

Indeed, only the brave and desperate head into the thick jungle-like forests that still stand unshaken and untouched by the ravenous parasite known as Humanity, the hidden beasts and creatures within, their deadliness only outshone by their terrifying appearance, stuff of legends told to children.

What I fancy to do with this realm, crossed with Crusader Kings 2, is simply to bring it alive for my personal satisfaction, so I can see my favourite characters from the Novella's I have set in the place come to life. However, I also fancy to play the monsters and creatures of the world into play through events, such as your village being attacked by a Dragon, or Orcs having raided the trade lanes.

I am still relatively newbie to the whole EU3/CK2 scripting language and such, so I'll likely need help getting through this. And yes, I am humble about this and am not expecting it to explode into a front-page news hit, as I may very well fail in holding together my attention to it. That said, I'm doing better than I thought I would have, so far.

In addition to the fact I am still new to the scripting language, I'm not quite sure what is and is not possible to see made here, and I'll be experimenting by far to see which certain aspects of my development work and do not.

Development [10/08/2012]
Mapping
- Provinces: 100%
- Topology: 100%
- Trees: 95%
- Definitions: 100%

- Terrain: 50%
- Positions: 50%

- Rivers :0%

Empires
- Empire of The North: 100%
- Recht Empire: 100%
- Many-Arrows Empire: 100%
- Nalese Empire: 100%
- Tribbid Empire: 100%

- Dwarven Empire: 0%
- Rivers Empire: 0%
- Hypatos Empire: 0%
- The Marches Empire: 0%
- Twin Empire: 0%
- Baktar Empire: 0%

Factions
- Count Blahkert Treble of Glacier Drift
- Count Kornt Manable of Fields of Glass
- Count Jarrka Reesplik of Silver Peninsula
- Count Hork Kaspleen of Glacier Horn
- Count Kirtant Biridki of Glacier Valley
- Count Urtu Sable of No Man's Landing
- Count Tyriln Yernt of The End of the World
- Count Irt Porikl of Glass Jungle Reach
- Count Oupaln Oppaslk of Glass Jungle Horn
- Count Gafni Splakk of The White Field
- Count Lark Quespl of Gold Strait Horizon
- Count Litrk Plusk of Bahorn's Cairn
- Count Tarnak Podil of The Glasslands
- Count Tarnus Nerilsk of Eastern Glasslands

- King Baskar Stardusk of Lorecht Kingdom

- Emperor Jener of Recht Empire

- Duke Dibresk Krant of Twin Watch
- Count Bulrishk Ikkrisk of Pardogh
- Count Jebberex Buhrdn of Torun Bay
- Count Krebbenx of Eagle's Claw
- King Kobuxaka Tribdirk of The North Black Jungle
- King Pokaxa Tribdirk of The South Black Jungle
- Count Kax Kabrantk of Tresse
- Duke Bordkar of Torth

- Queen Ysabelle Nalese of Nalese Kingdom

- [Various Tribbid Empire counties]

- Hypatos Empire
- [Various Marches duchies/counties]
- Vandrill Kingdom
- Jiel Kingdom
- Mythros Dwarfdom
- [Shadow-creature invasion]
- [Various Goblin areas]
- [Various Orc areas]
- Baktar west
- Baktar east

Characters
32 Recht Knights
14 North Men
21 Orcs
1 Goblin
5 Nalesians
65 Tribbians

Events: 5%

Technology Overhaul: 0%

Buildings Overhaul: 0%

Units Overhaul: 0%

Decisions Overhaul: 0%

Ambitions & Plots Overhaul: 0%

Religion Overhaul: 0%

Key Features
- Magic
: Somehow, I want to make Magic a key factor in-game. How that's going to work exactly, I'm not quite sure just yet...
- Artifacts
: In Total War's "Third Age" mod the Rings of Power were held by someone somewhere. I'd like to create a similar situation where artifacts can be found and handed down through the generations, or be stolen/captured and that these artifacts can give the holder simply prestige for finding it, or magical enhancements and abilities.
- Monsters
: Monsters will be creatures that roam the world, causing events from minor passings to major duels-to-the-death and attacks.

Watch test-gameplay recordings here
(apologies for the quality!)

Screenshots

P7Cz

NFBr

OxiK

Oyox

OF0x

P8kx

Last edited:
Good luck with this mod! But how will you represent the non humans in portraits? You could give every Dwarf a dwarf trait to handle them! Har!

Well, I figured I'd put my hand portraiting! Seeing as you can distinguish between Arabians and Europeans in Create a Ruler mode, I'd imagine you can do so between Humans and Dwarves. And YES! THAT'S BRILLIANT. Dwarf Trait is already in, aha! :D.

Universal Question, for all though;
What could I put into this that people want? Why is it you play Crusader Kings 2? What is it you've always wanted to see in it, or is just out of conventional reach?

Reactions:
And it's things like this that happen practically all the time, which is taking me so long to get through this part... sigh... Damn you Photoshop!

Before Fill
LyMR

After Fill
LyMW

Edit;

FINALLY finished the land territories, after three days! All 458 of them!

LzgT

Last edited:
Evidently, I still have the terrain and heightmapping to fix - plus the naming - but hey, we're getting there! At least I have the landform! :D

LHgP

LHhk

LHhF

Last edited:
I could do with an experienced modder, or someone who understands the system quite well, available for instant messenger Q&A, although I think I've got most of it under my thumb at this point. Heck of a lot of file writing to do now, though...

Oh god this looks beautiful. Maybe at some point you could introduce a whole new continent That could rival this one? An idea if you're going to have wizards as court chaplains or as an event in general isif you have a wizard in your court, you are able to to cast spells on other nobles to make them ugly, craven, cruel etc. Obviously at a heavy cost. And maybe there could be an event for yourself for certain traits to be obtained like Brave, Content etc. :D This looks like it'll be awesome.

Haha! Finally got in-game with my emperor, Jener Stardusk!

Took me a couple of days to get it to work, but eventually, it did. Now the only problem is, I wasn't able to select the country in-game to play as him, I had to select him from bookmarks / "Interest characters to play as" area...

MyFq

EDIT;

Scrap that, fixed it. I've been using tags incorrectly for my de jures!

Mz4S

Mz5C

Mz5X

Mz65

(The terrain is still messed up, but at least it isn't changing terrain types randomly every time I launch now!)

Mz6M

And I think that wraps it up nicely for tonight, close enough to midnight and all. Night!

Last edited:
I'm going to be livestreaming an *attempted* playthough of the north to test my De Jures of the Northern lands in (aprox) 15 minutes, if anybody wants to tune in.

www.livestream.com/azkanan

Edit;

Eh. Once I've figured out why my in-game "Nudge" changes don't save! :mad:

Oh. Livestream is down. FML!

Edit2;

Aha! I'm online, AND I've fixed my regions! Ready to start in... 10 minutes, I guess. :)

Last edited:
This mod looks like it will be a fun one to play once it's finished, just judging from the terrain screenshots. The rivers are navigable, right?

Well, the north is working, for the most part. I spent a half hour in observer mode yesterday and watched as they fought it out for control over the Empire of The North. It was pretty interesting!

NFBr

The (so-far-made) "Kingdom of Hirecht". The central valley is called "Dutchy of Crestrock Valley", whilst the surrounding exits are guarded by individual counties, such as Nuthpass, Estgard, Wesgard, and so forth - all of which are controlled by the Knight Lord of the "Duchy of Crestgard".

OevO

Hail to the King baby!

OevU

OeNd

And the appointed guardians of the heart of the Hirecht Kingdom...

Oewa
Oewf
Oewk
Oewr
Oewy

Last edited:
Today, I've been experimenting with make Orc portraits...

I copy-pasted this skull form my Dungeons and Dragons Player's Manual...

Oxb1

...Then edited it for my own skull form, for my orc.

Oxbr
Oxbv

OxbI
OxbP

Oxc1
Oxca

Oxcl

OxiK

Last edited:
Well this looks very interesting, I'd been waiting for a good (non-GOT) fantasy mod and it looks like this is gonna be that!

So, this is just a post of encouragement and subscription :)