• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Seelensturm

Lt. General
16 Badges
Jan 30, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
I am a long time subscriber of the '2D Galaxy' mod by dskod1. The little tweak to just two code lines made the galaxy map for me much more convenient both to play with and look at. 3600 fellow subscribers agree.

However, the unadjusted appearance of the hexagons around the stars always bothered me. In the vanilla 3D enviroment the hexagons have the purpose to A) highlight the actual position of the stars on the plane of the map and B) tell you by their colors to which empires the stars belong. But in the original '2D Galaxy' mod A) is no longer needed and B) is often obstructed by overlap with the star.

So the options are either to make the hexagons functional again or get rid of them for good. I decided to create an enhanced version of this mod in three flavors:

2D Galaxy with Large Hexagons

2D Galaxy with Circles

2D Galaxy without Hexagons

Related Comparison Screenshots:

2D Galaxy with Large Hexagons

2D Galaxy with Circles

2D Galaxy without Hexagons

Reactions:

Seelensturm

Lt. General
16 Badges
Jan 30, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
My enhanced 2D mods should be working with 1.5.0 (unlike the original 2D mod which wasn't updated since May 2016) but the only way I found so far is to replace the entire Stellaris\common\defines\00_defines.txt. Thus this mod will be incompatible with any mod which modifies the same file. You can check compatibility with another mod by looking at its files in \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content or by asking the author.