• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to ask 'when approximately will the new map be released for beta testing', but judging from all the past responses, I doubt there will be much of a change on that, so I have a different question!

When the new map is released, will it be open to discussion on the forums like AGCEEP events and monarch-lists are? For example, if there's a disagreement with the boundaries of a particular province or that of some PTI (for historical or playability reasons)? Or will the drawings of the map be unchanged from the moment of its first release?

I doubt there will be much change to the map after release. That is why it is being developed privately.

Prince Ares said:
I like the map, but the way Croatia and the western balkans is put in... well it i's even more unrealistic than Vanilla.
:confused:

I'd say it has the best representation of that part of Europe, compared to other map-projects.

I have a problem with Northern America, because there is no ocean to ocean connection north of Mexico, while there where multiple explorers who crossed the States or Canada before 1820.
BTW, I started a game of Vicky, and have to say that's a map I really like!

Pietercornelis said:
I have a problem with Northern America, because there is no ocean to ocean connection north of Mexico, while there where multiple explorers who crossed the States or Canada before 1820.
There is a northern corridor, but it represents exactly that: explorers. If an area was not habitable/suitable for colonization, it should be PTI. Most of the PTI in N. America represents the Rockies, an area not colonized until the late 19. century.

ThanatosHelen said:
Was it really just plain uninhabitable...? Or rather, was it economically unfeasable/unprofitable to establish settlement there until the 19th century?

It's still uninhabitable except for the Inuit. What was profitable however was the fur trade and whale fishing.

ThanatosHelen said:
Was it really just plain uninhabitable...? Or rather, was it economically unfeasable/unprofitable to establish settlement there until the 19th century?
The Rockies were always just a barrier between the east and west coasts, not a place to settle.

So in this case, PTI is the right solution, as the game is not capable of discerning habitable from passable provinces. If it's not suitable for settling, it's PTI.

Wow. Great to take a glance at this map finally after hearing about it for what seems years now! *Applause.* I like how South-East Asia is handled, together with the Pacific and Japan, North America and South Africa. On the other hand, so many provinces and seazones in Australia and South America! How are you gonna make AI colonize all these? I guess the popular opinion would clamor and beg for replacing parts of this uninhabited land with provinces such as - off the top of my head - Ragusa, Urbino, Lucca, Montferrat, Venaissin, Utrecht, Anhalt, Obergeldern, Breslau, Gibraltar, Menorca, Macau, Saint Helena or Tobago. Will the High Council take such voices into consideration after the HCmap v1.0 is released?

Anyway, the map looks good and i'm looking forward to playing it someday. But guys, just how did it happen that the south coast of the Baltic Sea looks even more hilarious now than in vanilla? *Wink.*
(Is it my eyesight fooling me or have you made Danzig the capital of Warmia? That could be a good idea actually.)

Of course, how could i forget the last years' struggle to place Mymap Europe on the idgrid in a way allowing for moving Levantine provinces to Germany? I just kinda feel this question will be raised again by some when the High Council map is released. Hopefully there shouldn't be much disagreement, after all there'd be three different maps for everyone to choose from.

The map looks great!Can't wait for 2.0 :)
One thing though - What's with Dardania and Macedonia?IIRC Dardania was a Latin term for an area thats lies a bit more to the west, and later on Albanian term for Kosovo & Metohija and northern Macedonia.And Macedonia lies too far on the east.Why not Rumelia?And for Dardania, I think Naissus or something like that is far more suitable...