Mission Accomplished: An Update on Age of Wonders: Planetfall

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, I don't visit the boards anymore nor do I play Planetfall (moved to other things), but thank you for an amazing game!

Shame there will be no more stuff, but I already accepted it a while back. That said, thanks for one of the most amazing strategy games I've played in past years (and maybe will still play from time to time). Thanks for the expierience, for the atmosphere and for Lizard Overlords.

Wish you luck with your next project, and will probably drop by to see what are you up to :)

Sad to see this game move to passive development. It's been a new experience though some of the mechanics are recognizable from AOW3. A question: WOuld a patch be release that would allow you to import custom models for new factions that people want to create. I couldn't find info about it anywhere (probably haven't looked hard enough)?

That's a sad news, if not necessarily a big surprise; kinda hoped for maybe one or two more DLCs...

Either way, AoW Planetfall has been on my SSD since its launch and while I played it on-and-off due to my scatterbrain demeanor, I consider it the best 4X strategy game available right now: at least until the release of Humankind. Looking forward to your next project!

Late to the party, but I want to wish you good luck with your next game. Triumph certainly makes great games, can't wait for what you have in store for us.

I think Planetfall was an interesting diversion from the regular Age of Wonders series. I still think its procgen maps lack the charm of handcrafted AOW2/SW/3 maps, but I enjoyed my time with it quite a bit (and plan to continue enjoying it). The various lore bits for the alien factions were very well written with a touch of humor, and your space dwarves were hilarious.

• 2Like
Reactions:
well done guys.. been a fan since 1999 when I tried the Age of Wonders 1 demo on a PC Gamer disc and ran to the store shortly after to buy the full game with the money from my first job haha. Can't wait to see what you do next! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
We love you, Triumph!
Thank you for the many happy and fun hours - those that have passed, and those that are yet to come! (as I am not dropping this game for years to come)
I hope Planetfall was a success for you, as it was a delight for us! It is indeed an amazing game, and you have indeed grew as professionals!
Can't wait to hear from you again! Keep up the good work!

Kind Regards!
One of your many fans

well, I late for the show, I have 90% confident I am the longest play player
I got so many 120+ round fights and 378 hours of playing
Thanks our amazing dev, though I was hoping for a season 2
20210905233223_1.jpg

Logged in to forum for teh first time just to say thanks for this amazing game. I've been playing AOW sereis since AOW 2. All games are great and despite being sceptical about Planetfall I fell in love with it. This game is a masterpiece. Hope to see news about AOW future this year. Grretings from Ukraine!)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I played all previous iterations of Age of Wonders and Planetfall is by far the best imo. The sector mechanic, sci-fi-setting and emphasis on ranged combat make this game unique in the series. I can only hope that the successor won´t regress again into the fantasy setting.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The game still has numerous bugs and you dropped support only a year and 8 months after release and only 5 months after the last expansion. That's terrible support in my opinion. I guess it didn't sell very well, sadly. I'd much rather have something other than yet another fantasy game.

Last edited:
The game still has numerous bugs and you dropped support only a year and 8 months after release and only 5 months after the last expansion. That's terrible support in my opinion. I guess it didn't sell very well, sadly. I'd much rather have something other than yet another fantasy game.
Yeah I'm disappointed that they dropped support so soon as well.

Hell, I'm more pissed that they didn't make Age of Wonders III a 64 bit application. It would've only have required a small amount of resources dedicated to making that happen. It's such a hassle to accommodate for games that your current OS (macOS for me) can't play.

Also, personally, I would shell out a decent amount of money for a DLC that gives us 1 more super challenging mission per faction. I'm a big campaign lover because of the emphasis on developing your hero but also partially because of the storyline. I love having big tanks going into the 2nd, 3rd, etc mission.

Anyway, this game has been a ton of fun for me and I'm grateful it came into existence. You guys did good. Real good.

I can't wait for more incredible games from you guys.

All the best.

Reactions: